SS1 Original Soundtrack (MIDI & MP3)

1 Guest is here.
66498d9f5f455
DDQuote
Im running linux, i have no other option and trying to find and figure out some MIDI related programs from the net has cost me hours of fruitless fustration.

I wouldnt ask here if i had other options.

I would prefer WAV, but any other format than MIDI is fine too.
66498d9f5f6fc
KolyaQuote
Well you said you tried to extract them. All you can extract from the game are MIDI files of course. And these are here for download. That's why I pointed you at them.

Regarding MIDI players for Linux:
http://www.linux-sound.org/midi.html I heard Timidity was worthwhile.

The point is that there can be no "unmodified" MIDI to WAV conversion like you asked for, since MIDI is a music notation system, not a music format. It can only be recorded. And depending on the musical instruments list used (in soundcard or emulation), each tone will sound a bit different. Since you don't seem to know about any of this, I pointed you at the Wikipedia entry.
66498d9f5f826
DDQuote
Sorry for the late reply, i was (am) quite busy.  :cyborg:

The reason why i ask is because i want to store them as WAV for later use in any case.
Its quite a hassle for me to install tmidity just to convert them to WAV and then remove it again.

I was pretty sure MIDI was a normal audio file because i know that on windows you can open them natively, or atleast could. :orly:

As said, i will convert them to WAV anyway, but its quite problematic for me. Im sure its not a problem on windows. Just asking because for a windows user it would just take a few clicks i think. :rolleyes:

Thanks
66498d9f5f928
KolyaQuote
Might just be a few clicks but the quality will be questionable for archiving uses, if done on a default windows system (instead of in-soundcard generation or at least installing a proper wavetable beforehand). Also IIRC the MIDIs come in pieces which would have to be joined at some point. And then it'll be a few hundred MBs of WAV files to upload. That's quite a hassle you know.
Fortunately someone did all that before. The results can be downloaded from the first post. :)
66498d9f5f9c6
AntonioQuote
Would you mind if those MIDIs will be in MP3 format?

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact