SS2 Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines

3 Guests are here.
6647e9d881ecb
RoSoDudeQuote
I'm considering having WormBlood simply swap what type of virus you're vulnerable to. I'll need to rewrite the description anyway, but the fictional justification is that it essentially alters your bloodstream to match that of the annelids. This way it's not too much of a buff for the item (as the worm healing effect is already quite potent) as it requires some active management, and it also makes more sense.

Also, cataloging where all of the ICE picks, Auto-Repair units, and FE devices are so I can scale them with difficulty and put a few out of the way for psi pull.

ICE Picks
hydro2 (1315) : In the freezer room with the environmental regulator
ops3 (698): In a crate in a closet with eggs
rec2 (598): In the maintenance Shaft
command2 (2215): In the meeting room on the bridge
rick1 (1787): In the room with the three turrets near the dead guy
many (1389): In one of the egg chambers
shodan (1231): Top platform in Shodan's area

Auto-Repair Units
hydro1 (999): In a Security Crate off the main hallway
hydro2 (1067): In the northeast room with the environmental regulator
ops2 (845): In the crew apartment with the spider ambush
ops4 (387): In Fluid Ops
rec1 (494): In one of the crew apartments
command1 (184): In Cargo Bay B
command2 (2217): Under a control panel on the bridge
many (122): in a desk in the irradiated water tunnel

French-Epstein Devices
eng2 (220): Cargo Bay 2B east part, 3rd floor, on the body of a female crew member.
hydro3 (115): Control room opposite the Replicator in a Security Crate (not present on Impossible difficulty).
ops2 (491): Lower eastern Crew's Quarters, northern room on the west wall, in a Security Crate.
ops4 (386): By the Interpolar Sim Unit (not present on Hard and Impossible difficulties.)
command1 (104): Shuttle Control, opposite Shuttle Bay 2's functional shield control computer, on left windowsill.
command2 (415): Southmost Escape Pod area, lying on the ground near a waste container.
rick1 (1783): From the Chemical Store Room, follow the first Nacelle B floor sign, go straight at the intersection and follow the corridor to a small room with a Black Egg. The device is lying on the floor there.
6647e9d8827b5
sarge945Quote

Quote by voodoo47:
yep, using that save, looks like it's finally possible to reproduce it at will. lets see whether it's possible to find out what exactly is going on there.

There is also a similar issue with Psi Shield+ (and I assume the basic version too), as seen here

Quote by RoSoDude:
I'm considering having WormBlood simply swap what type of virus you're vulnerable to. I'll need to rewrite the description anyway, but the fictional justification is that it essentially alters your bloodstream to match that of the annelids. This way it's not too much of a buff for the item (as the worm healing effect is already quite potent) as it requires some active management, and it also makes more sense.

Could work
6647e9d882985
RoSoDudeQuote
Pretty much have version 1.04 ready, but I still need to run through the game a bit with it to make sure there aren't critical bugs. Not too surprisingly, the new Pack Rat item stacking behavior led to a crash 90% of the time when transitioning maps or loading a save, but I found a simple fix and it seems perfectly stable now. Whew. Also, ever since version 1.00 there's been a guaranteed crash the first time you enter the Cargo Bays, which resolves itself if you reload a save from before the map transition (this also makes it hard to debug).

The new Pack Rat item stacking:
https://vimeo.com/444324026

Security crates are now repairable after a critically failed hack:
https://vimeo.com/444430737
6647e9d882a38
sarge945Quote
Videos look good!
6647e9d882e0d
RoSoDudeQuote
Update 1.04 is live. As you know, this one is mostly focused on buffing less attractive O/S upgrades, and I got some other things in based on your feedback.

#### 1.04 ####
-Fixed Powered Armor still providing 20% protection unpowered when intended to be reverted to 0% protection
-Removed extraneous Anti-Human/Energy protection on Hazard Suit and Worm Skin, now same as Combat value indicates
-Tank O/S upgrade now offers 10% combat protection instead of 10 HP bonus (stacks with other sources of protection)
-Pack Rat O/S upgrade now allows for stacking of food and junk items in addition to granting 3 more inventory spaces (includes beakers)
-Tinker O/S upgrade now allows for modification level 2 with French-Epstein devices in addition to halved nanite cost when using the Modify skill
-Strong Metabolism O/S Upgrade now halves the tick frequency of toxic/radiation damage in addition to reducing its amount by 25%
-Increased Smasher O/S upgrade base damage from 1.25-1.33x to 1.43-1.5x to compete with 1.35x from Lethal Weapon
   -Wrench 9->10 (normal 7)
   -Crystal Shard 15->18 (normal 12)
   -Laser Rapier 18->19 (normal 13)
   -Psi Sword 24->27 (normal 18)
-Increased Energy damage multiplier for half-mechanical enemies from 1.0x to 1.5x to reside between 1.0x for half-annelid enemies and 2.0x for mechanical enemies
-Grenade Launcher and Fusion Cannon now experience moderate recoil
-The WormBlood implant now swaps immunity against anti-annelid to anti-human on the Viral Proliferator and Worm Launcher in addition to allowing healing from worm piles
-Hackable crates can now be repaired after critically failing a hack, instead of exploding
   -Security Crates: Repair skill 1, 4 nanites, 20% base success, 0 base ICE
   -High-Security Crates: Repair skill 5, 4 nanites, -10% base success, 0 base ICE
-Removed some devices on Normal/Hard/Impossible difficulties:
   -Removed ICE Pick in Hydroponics B freezer on Impossible
   -Removed Auto-Repair Unit in Hydroponics B maintenance area on Impossible
   -Removed ICE Pick in Ops C storage closet on Hard/Impossible
   -Removed Auto-Repair Unit in Ops D Fluid Ops on Hard/Impossible
   -Removed French-Epstein Device in Command A Shuttle Bay on Normal/Hard/Impossible
   -Removed Auto-Repair Unit in Command B Bridge on Normal/Hard/Impossible
   -Removed ICE Pick in Many egg chamber on Normal/Hard/Impossible
-Replaced some anti-rad hypos with anti-toxin hypos
   -2 in Hydro A
   -1 in Command B in a High-Security Crate
   -2 in Rickenbacker A
-Decreased ammo count on ADaOB's Fusion Cannon jammed by 2 extra prisms from 42 to 36
-Added a semicolon to a custom script for the prism repair feature that could potentially cause a syntax error (?)
-Further clarified French-Epstein's level 1 modification restriction in the text description
-Rearranged gamesys.dml slightly to better match changelist order

I ran up through Ops/Recreation with no slowdown or crashing. Didn't even crash entering the Engineering Cargo Bays this time, surprisingly. Still, doesn't hurt to put a save before you hit its bulkhead for the first time.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact