SS2 Czech Translation

1 Guest is here.
66488488e4ed7
miracle.flameQuote
I was thinking about translating SS2 HUD Logs and SS2 Quest Note Notifiers to match this and even have it linked here. Do you think some of these strings could be easily copy-pasted to Quest Note Notifiers?
66488488e5058
voodoo47Quote
it should be easy, but time consuming - basically you just take the EN version of those mods and copy-paste the appropriate CZ strings.

subtitles are needed more though.
66488488e51b4
miracle.flameQuote
I am very much into translating/fixing obsolete or broken localization of older games and SS2 deserves it too. Speaking of which do you see deep enough into the mechanics to maybe extract the fonts into format that could be repainted? If utf8 or 1250 codetable is not currently supported for implementing accented characters my usual technique is to repaint some of the uncommon symbols into accented characters and then mass-find&replace those in strings to get it in game... This would need to be rewritten in the first place though. Maybe I will be able to convince some of my Czech colleagues to correct grammar.
66488488e52d1
voodoo47Quote
I'm pretty sure NewDark would allow proper CZ characters, but no time to investigate in the next couple of weeks.

and yes, I would very much like to make this into a proper, complete CZ translation soonish, but help will be required.
66488488e5454
voodoo47Quote
took a quick shot at translating a SHTUP texture, and the result is acceptable (already added to the SHTUP package and reuploaded), so I actually can be the texture guy for this. so yeah, this project is a go - feel free to contact those CZ folks (we'll need them for the texts and testing), and we can start in about two weeks (once SCP beta5 is out).

I'll try to find out how to get proper CZ character support for the strings in the meantime. //looks like that part will be annoying.
[warning.jpg expired]

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact