System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition Update & Community Participation

1 Guest is here.
66493d579d554
vrubaykaQuote
Hello, Stephen! What are the enhancements that you're bringing into the game aside from improved Co-op?

One of the must-have improvements would be Subtitles and specific settings to enable captions for FMVs, dialogue, audiologs, enemy barks, etc. as already done by ZylonBane. Another good feature would be adding the option to change the FOV without external programs like SS2Tool.

This might be a little too specific but are you going to make the EAX effects work out of the box?

Best of luck
66493d579d7e8
OlfredQuote
I have no objection to use anything I've made to be included in the release. You should also include nemyax in the credits as he made the tools I used extensively, which even made things possible you couldn't do before.

If there are still things that I could help out with don't shy away from sending me a message.
66493d579d93f
WalterREQUiEMQuote
Hi again, Stephen

Sorry if I'm hassling you on the discord, but I feel like the Distinguishable Implants mod by Beauapropos would be a really good mod to include in SS2EE, considering it helps differentiate different implants at a glance, which just makes inventory management more convenient. Maybe the alternate rad Hypo by RoSoDude might be worth looking at, too.
66493d579dcc9
pripyatbeastQuote

Quote by icemann:
Big question is - Will SS2R come with a new level editor, or will Dromed still be the order of the way to go. As it's made to work with existing mods, I'd assume that Dromed would still be THE editor for it.

We're going to continue use of ShockED. We're working on a list of other improvements we'd like to implement, but subtitles, captions, etc is something we want to officially support. Adjustable FOV should be standard.

Also, thank you Olfred! Really appreciate your willingness to contribute your efforts to the project!
66493d579de88
voodoo47Quote
I don't think manually adjustable FOV was ever a thing in the tool, he most likely means the tool's ability to automatically grab the current desktop resolution, and set the game to use it before the first launch (should the process fail, 800*600 will be set).

and yes, checking what the desktop resolution is and trying to set that before starting would be a nice feature to have in any game, remember, people who play the GOG/steam build in the default 800*600 resolution because they are not aware it can be changed still exist.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact