System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition Update & Community Participation

1 Guest is here.
66491e8b898d1
AlexanderQuote

Quote by vrubayka:
... to change the FOV ...

I made a mistake? the FOV parameter refers to the game file - cam.cfg, which is manually edited using txt Notepad ? (I set myself "fov 80",  but the default is larger, so the fisheye screen might be (if get carried away with enlarging it))... (however, it all depends on the" monitor " and its resolution, square monitor or not)
66491e8b89ab6
JDoranQuote
It is true that a lot of people who mainly game on consoles won't be too aware of what a FOV setting is, since console games don't often have such a setting, or it's just one universal setting in the console's option menu and many people never discover the setting at all. Having SS2 automatically detect and select the best setting, but having the option to change it in the options screen, would, I think, be the best thing all round.
66491e8b89c0b
pripyatbeastQuote
I've updated the first post with the list of users I've been able to contact and those who I have not been able to reach or find contact info for. If anyone knows any of these users please let me know how I can get in touch with them.
66491e8b89de3
ZylonBaneQuote
I have no problem with SHTUP being included. I assume that SS2EE will include some kind of mod manager, and that these will all just be packed in as essentially "recommended" mods.

A few things...

I'd recommend the New Quest Notifier over the Quest Note Notifier. The former just prints "Note added to PDA." at the top of the screen when a quest note is added, which fits in pretty seamlessly with the existing messages. The latter prints the full text of the quest note and gives a notification when quests are completed, which is pretty cool, but a significant deviation from vanilla behavior. Also I need to update both of these, because I barely knew what I was doing back then and implemented them both in a horribly inefficient manner.

Note that SHTUP includes its own replacement space skybox, by Grosnus. His skybox is fairly realistic-looking, while Vurt's is more... synthetic. I personally prefer the more realistic look.

I also grant permission to use the English subtitles mod, if even as just a resource.
Acknowledged by: Grosnus
66491e8b89f27
TelliamedQuote
As I already said in email, all I did was make the font converter. You don't need my permission but you have it anyway.

One question, will you be keeping in "menschveracht"?

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact