📌 SS1src: Modding Tools: InkyBlackness

3 Guests are here.
664804d016c82
GawainQuote
Couple of requests for HackEd:

• Custom name for archive instead of archive.dat. SS1EE missions doesn't seem to work with archive.dat as filename. It always loads the original one.
  • Move objects (with edge snap when shift, align to floor height modifier)
  • Copy&paste tiles
  • Copy&paste (or clone) objects
  • Prefabs. Create piece of corridor and then stamp them.
  • Delete object and tiles (make solid) with delete key.

Acknowledged by: dertseha
664804d016f08
GawainQuote
More requests:

• Mirroring selected (textures, slopes, moves selected objects)
  • Rotating (+-90 deg) selected (textures, slopes, moves and rotates objects)
  • List of objects in selected tile. (Sometimes it is necessary to have multiple objects on same XY and selecting is cumbersome)
  • Show object id:s in map icons
  • Rendered 3D objects (bounding boxes would be enough)
  • Arrows to show object orientation in map.
  • Tile floor&ceiling heights shown in map (and corner/side heights for slopes) Maybe match texture view setting for floor/ceiling heights?
  • Use keyboard to set object property values
  • Use mouse to select object from map or list in object id references (traps and doors).

There are also lot of special cases that needs custom value editors, such as screens.

I have been slowly doing FM. That's why I'm posting these :)
664804d01729b
dertsehaQuote
Thank you for all the feature requests. I will have a look at them and formulate corresponding tasks. I believe some of them have also been mentioned by 3rdplayer.
While I might not be able to get to them immediately, at least I have a direction to go to when I finally do :)
664804d0173c4
GawainQuote
More requests

I'm in need of game variable editor (initial values).
It would be nice if you could add name/description to them and it would show in the action.
List of objects (in all of the levels) that use that variable would be very helpful.

Reordering of textures.
Indicator to show what textures can be used as floor and texture
(I had to reorder some textures to be able to use them as floors or ceiling)

Show sprite in object editor and in the drop down to select object type that you want to create. If there is no sprite the editor icon could be used as fallback.

Bug:
Door access level names doesn't seem to match names that are shown in game.
664804d0174ce
AnonQuote
Sorry for bumping this thread, I wasn't sure where to ask (and I don't have a GitHub account).

Is there a specific reason for this editor requiring a GL3+ card? Isn't this a total overkill? What is it even used for?

While my system is old, it still runs some demanding games just fine, but the thing struggles with hacked (and eventually overheats).

What can I do to improve performance? Or which is the last version that has comparable features yet less performance-hungry?

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact