📌 SS1src: Modding Tools: InkyBlackness

1 Guest is here.
664853d28e063
3RDplayerQuote
Lots of old and new properties. Will take a time to get used and figuring out how exactly some of them affects things. (especially now that I do a sshockmodding break). Maybe I can upgrade my weapon mod with the new found possibillities.

What's left is being able to edit 8way critters and door animation frames. Etc.
3d model im/exporter I dont even talk about. Cuz friend told me the format is archaic custom made stuff. Not sure how much that is true.
Acknowledged by: dertseha
664853d28e242
dertsehaQuote
...plus cutscene import/export - which I want especially :)
664853d28e3c8
JosiahJackQuote
Hey so I'm using this to determine enemy states and positions as I go through and place enemies for Citadel, at least, following the original in part.  I'm not 100% sure what each enemy state means and can't find an explanation.  Also, the roaming behaviour is random?  Or patrolling to specific cells?  Or what?  Any help is appreciated or pointing out the particular source code files for critter behaviour.
664853d28e490
dertsehaQuote
Heya!

I'm sorry, critter data is one of the least documented (and worked on). Mostly because their changes and effects couldn't be easily reproduced.
So at this point I'll have to point you to the source until I have done that to update the editor.
664853d28e627
JosiahJackQuote
Ok, codesploring time....

AI Moods:
#define AI_MOOD_FRIENDLY   0
#define AI_MOOD_NEUTRAL    1
#define AI_MOOD_HOSTILE    2  Josiah: seems to force enemy into combat state
#define AI_MOOD_ISOLATION  3
#define AI_MOOD_ATTACKING  4

AI Orders: //Josiah: Oh interesting how in the code it is treated like SHODAN giving orders
#define AI_ORDERS_GUARD    0     // hang out until player comes around
#define AI_ORDERS_ROAM     1     // wander about
#define AI_ORDERS_SLEEP    2     // do nothing ever until awakened
#define AI_ORDERS_PATROL   3     // back n forth between 2 points
#define AI_ORDERS_HIGHWAY  4     // follow invisible highway
#define AI_ORDERS_NOMOVE   5     // like guard, but will never move //Josiah: I guess like a turret mode, I wonder if any cyborg assassins use this?

Hmm...critters can sometimes be flagged with AI_FLAG_CONFUSED which is treated the same as AI_ORDERS_ROAM but critter is more impatient to wander when confused.  I guess this is a possible result of disruptability of some weapons?

Hang on what's this?!

Code:
if ((rand() & TRANQ_RAND_MASK) < TRANQ_RAND_LEVEL)
         {
            objCritters[osid].flags &= ~AI_FLAG_TRANQ;
            if (CritterProps[CPNUM(objCritters[osid].id)].flags & AI_FLAG_FLYING)
               apply_gravity_to_one_object(objCritters[osid].id,0);
         }

Does this mean that a stunned flyer will fall?  Need to test this.
Acknowledged by: Gawain

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact