📌 SS1src: Modding Tools: InkyBlackness

1 Guest is here.
66485da7d9ab9
dertsehaQuote
Also, @Gawain , I'm now looking at your feature requests. They give me ideas on what to focus on internally to enable them.
At least two features from your lists are possible now:
* There's no need to rename archive.dat, I found a way to structure a mod/mission that allows to work with the original names and have both the editor & engine running on the same files in parallel - see here. (Examples for this are found in the mod-examples - CortexReaverChallenge and Museum work this way - links are above)
* v1.5.0 now allows you to set and modify the values of game variables. User defined names need more work, ideas are forming.

Given that your requests are over a year old - are you still working on a mission? Or: Would you still be available to provide details to some feature requests when I come to them?
66485da7d9c22
GawainQuote
I haven't worked on it, but would like to continue.
Ask away :)
Acknowledged by: dertseha
66485da7d9d0f
szmotsuQuote
Hello everyone,
first - awesome work! i have never thought that editing SS1 would be so easy! I was playing a lot with these tools and its really powerfull. Unofortunatelly on my side editing bitmaps seems to be broken - i am not able to create any working mod for this - its always ending with error no mather if i edit graphiti or mfd. Could you please confirm if this is working okay?
66485da7d9e25
dertsehaQuote
Hello @szmotsu, thank you for the post - and it's great that you are picking up SS1 modding :)

As for your question, I'd expect bitmap editing to work, yet since it hasn't been touched in a while and automated tests are quite lacking in this area, I have no current proof.
When you say "ending with error" - which app is reporting an error, the editor, or the engine when you load/use the mod?
66485da7d9fdf
szmotsuQuote
Hello @dertseha
Editing the bitmaps seems to work completly fine in editor - unfortunatelly trying to load things in the game is causing an error: Error - Exception caught in main: see CRASHLOG.TXT for info
and fragment from crashlog: Access violation at 00000000250b0b50. The memory could not be read. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What i have done: export one MFD bitmap (SHODAN face) and just import it back to the game.  :cyborg: For me it looks like some issue during  converting png into indexed bitmap but strangely overriting of textures works fully fine. I have also find mod which using MFD overrite and works fine. Download of my "mod" :https://gofile.io/d/5Oo2Qa
Of course its possible that i am doing something wrong...

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact