📌 SS1src: Modding Tools: InkyBlackness

1 Guest is here.
664846de46bfe
dertsehaQuote
@szmotsu, I had a look at the .res file - I could not find any image in there - which MFD Bitmap Index did you replace?
Perhaps also, send me the image you wanted to import, so I'll try to reproduce it on my machine.
664846de46d5b
szmotsuQuote
Hello
it was index 19. i have prepared new file - image was exported, colours were inverted (using GIMP) and then it was imported back.

Issue still exist - game crashing on startup.
gofile.io/d/sUDzQ8
664846de46e39
dertsehaQuote
OK, I've investigated further, thank you for the example files.
It seems there's a change in the engine's behaviour. I'm trying to contact Nightdive devs about this on Discord. I don't know how and when this will be fixed.
664846de46f75
szmotsuQuote
Thank you very much! :) really appreciate your work for whole community
664846de472cc
3RDplayerQuote
I have some recommendations (annoyances) for the sliders in the Archive - Game State Window:

Hacker Position X,Y,Z,Yaw Sliders:
--------------------------------------
Spawning hacker dead center of a tile is impossible. To start hacker in the center of tile 32x32 would be 32.500 for both X and Y value. The way the sliders are right now does make setting this value impossible because it changes the raw value by 000001. Why would anyone want to spawn hacker at game start in the upper right corner of a tile?
My suggestion is to fix the X,Y sliders to 0.500 or 0.250 steps. So if anyone ever wishes to spawn hacker between two tiles, they can (but I highly doubt that).

Z slider: Make it conform to the values for setting F,C heights of the Level Tile Window.
(I know that depending on level height the incremental values change. But maybe having them set to 0.125 steps makes it more precise.)

Same with the Yaw slider. Make it conform with the values found in the Level Object Window Z rotation slider.

This one is hard for me to explain. I try regardless:
---------------------------------------------------------
When setting floor heights and adjusting slope heights, you can see via the green outline between tiles if they are on the same height and go into each other seamless. This makes setting floors with varying slopes very easy.
BUT this does not apply to ceiling heights! Having a setting that allows switching back and forth to check if ceiling heights and slopes go seamless into each other would be much appreciated.

Legal stuff

Privacy Policy & Terms of Service Contact