665c7fc1aafc9

665c7fc1abc19
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Black screen after choosing ship deck.
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 1590 times  

665c7fc1ac40fvoodoo47

665c7fc1ac49e
yeah, that save is fine. can you maybe try to save when you transition from beta4 earth into beta4 station (darkness) and share that as well?
665c7fc1ac951
yeah, that save is fine. can you maybe try to save when you transition from beta4 earth into beta4 station (darkness) and share that as well?

Sure.
[save_1.7z expired]

665c7fc1acac3voodoo47

665c7fc1acb4b
ok, so what's happening here is that you are getting spawned outside the station level. no idea why for the moment - try using that beta3 station.mis level with beta4 as mentioned.
665c7fc1acfd0
ok, so what's happening here is that you are getting spawned outside the station level. no idea why for the moment - try using that beta3 station.mis level with beta4 as mentioned.

I already did, said so in like 2 replies above in an edit. The results are the same with black screen.

665c7fc1ad0bevoodoo47

665c7fc1ad117
ah, missed that. restore the beta4 station.mis file, and try using shockscp.gam from beta3 in beta4.
665c7fc1ad46d
ah, missed that. restore the beta4 station.mis file, and try using shockscp.gam from beta3 in beta4.

Well it worked. Got past the loading screen with no problem with Beta 4 active. Thank you very much :)

Why though. Is this shockscp.gam file corrupted in Beta 4 for me for some reason? What does this file even do?

Anyway, I'm still concerned with doing a playthrough, if this happened once, I can only assume it could happen again at some point of the game. I don't know.

665c7fc1ad589voodoo47

665c7fc1ad5e4
hopefully we will find out - but you are not out the woods yet because using the beta3 gamesys with beta4 will cause other issues (it's the file where all the game mechanics are stored). I will dig out a few pre-release versions of the gamesys for you, hopefully we can find the one where things went wrong. one moment.

665c7fc1ad6a9voodoo47

665c7fc1ad6fb
ok, see which gamesys is the last one the works for you (10 files, start from scp_gam73).
[test_gams.7z expired]
665c7fc1adb31
ok, see which gamesys is the last one the works for you (10 files, start from scp_gam73).

Okay. I have to go for now, I will be back later though. Thanks for your help so far really appreciate it, will reply as fast as possible.
665c7fc1adf87

Okay I'm back. So you want me to check starting from SCP_gam73 and tell you which file works last of all? So if 74 works, I should check 75 and more and then tell you the highest that works basically?
665c7fc1ae2a9
yes please.

So from all of those you gave me all of them worked. So the highest one is SCP_gam81

665c7fc1ae38fvoodoo47

665c7fc1ae3dd
that is unexpected, 81 should be identical to the one in the beta4 zip. are you actually extracting the contents of the numbered zips and overwriting shockscp.gam?
« Last Edit: 08. July 2018, 22:58:50 by voodoo47 »
665c7fc1ae690
that is unexpected, 81 should be identical to the one in the beta4 zip. are actually extracting the contents of the numbered zips and overwriting shockscp.gam?

That's correct. I have no idea.

Maybe I will upload the shockscp.gam from my downloaded SCP Beta 4? Maybe you can tell if they are the same files or not?

665c7fc1ae857voodoo47

665c7fc1ae8b4
double check whether the game is still failing to load station if you use the release shockscp.gam from the beta4 package, and if yes, please upload it.
665c7fc1aec02
double check whether the game is still failing to load station if you use the release shockscp.gam from the beta4 package, and if yes, please upload it.

Well it doesn't now... but I have only copied the shockscp.gam from the release and overwrited it. Can't tell if it would result in black screen again if I replaced everything in the folder again from scratch.

But on the other hand I haven't replaced anything else in it other than your station file you gave and it didn't worked out before with it so it shouldn't matter, lol.

I'm confused now.

665c7fc1aecfavoodoo47

665c7fc1aed5a
so now it works even with the release beta4 shockscp.gam version from the beta4 zip?

the station I uploaded is beta4 btw, just wanted to make sure there is no corruption going on.
665c7fc1af0f1
so now it works even with the release beta4 version from the beta4 zip?

With shockscp.gam from Beta 4, yes. So technically nothing changed since I created this thread, but only replaced the station file you gave me. But previously this file only didn't fixed it. So I'm really confused what happened.

For the sake of finding the cause, should I make a backup of this "working version" and install it from scratch from release again and see if it works? If it doesn't then we surely made some changes by replacing either station file or shockscp.gam

665c7fc1af19dvoodoo47

665c7fc1af1f2
yes, back up your current beta4 folder, and use just the beta4 zip again, no modifications.
665c7fc1af4a4
yes, back up your current beta4 folder, and use just the beta4 zip again, no modifications.

So now it works with the SCP Beta 4 release for some reason. I have no idea how. Like it looks like by doing those overwrites on both files something was written in the game code that this "station" level exist and player should be teleported here. That's the only way I can explain that.

665c7fc1af54bvoodoo47

665c7fc1af59e
well that was fun.

anyway, now you have a working game, so it's a happy end, I guess?
665c7fc1af919
well that was fun.

anyway, now you have a working game, so it's a happy end, I guess?

I guess, unless this fixed only this specific loading time, not all. Well not to be pessimistic, but I'm still concerned :P

Thanks for your help and time :D Cheers mate.

665c7fc1af9d4voodoo47

665c7fc1afa23
no problem, feel free to drop by should you run into something strange again.
1 Guest is here.
Yo yo yo, wassup homie, I be hangin with my BOOOYYYEEEEEEEZ!!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c7fc1b3312