662bee0f36005

662bee0f36663
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 unstripped missions Read 17205 times  

662bee0f37305
Tags: °SS2 °resource
This archive contains most of the levels of SS2 in editable form. The stripped missions that come with the game have their room brushes stripped, so you cannot make any terrain changes. However these unstripped missions include this data. As described in the readme not all missions became available unstripped. With the stripped missions only changes to objects are possible.

note: SCP includes manually reconstructed unstripped eng2 and ops4 levels, so anyone wanting to do his own map mod can grab them from there. do note that the maps are dependent on the SCP gamesys and resources, so in case you don't want those, the respective changes will have to be reverted. ask in the SCP topic.

Quote by the included readme file:
Through The Looking Glass presents:-

============================================
         System Shock 2 Unstripped Levels V1
         ============================================

This package contains unstripped levels for System Shock 2.  These levels contain the architectural 'plans' for the official System Shock 2 missions. These are useful as they allow you to see how the levels were carved, and you can also modify the operation brushes to make modifications to the original levels if you wish.

Unfortunately, due to the rush of getting the levels to the NDA team, some were actually stripped not unstripped - in other words precisely the same as the levels that were included with the actual game.

For this reason, only the following levels were included in this package:-

command1
   command2
   earth
   eng1
   hydro1
   hydro3
   many
   medsci1
   medsci2
   ops1
   ops2
   rec1
   rec2
   rec3
   rick1
   rick2
   rick3
   station

We are still trying to acquire the unstripped version for these levels:-
   eng2
   hydro2
   ops3
   ops4
   shodan

For more information please visit http://www.ttlg.com.

Totality,

(totality@ultramail.co.uk)

20/8/00

Download
from sshock2.com: ss2_missions.zip
« Last Edit: 02. November 2015, 17:07:09 by voodoo47 »
662bee0f37835
It's a modder's resource, yeah. It contains most of the levels of SS2 in editable form. The same question was also asked by vurt lately.

662bee0f37941ZylonBane

662bee0f3798f
Coming soon-- "What is this?" posts in every single thread.
662bee0f37a8d
Unlikely, most other threads in the archives have better explanations included. Which is what I'm gonna fix now.

662bee0f37b38voodoo47

662bee0f37b84
probably a pointless question, but I'll ask anyway - where did the unstripped missions come from, and how big is the chance of the rest of them surfacing somewhere?
662bee0f37e8d
From what I know LG gave them to Totality together with (or shortly after) the editor. They might be some more info in old sshock2.com news items. Like this:
The Shock 2 unstripped missions allows you to see the official missions that were used in the game in ShockED, so you can edit them (or learn from them for that matter). Also included in the ShockED zip file is a very informative tutorial written by Totality and other hackers as well. A big thanks goes to the Shock2 NDA team and others, including Totality, d0om, Catalyst, Thumper, IceNine, Datoyminaytah, and the fans! Thanks for making this a successful release!

662bee0f37f5evoodoo47

662bee0f37fb8
that would translate to no, unless someone manages to find another dreamcast dev kit, I guess.
662bee0f380aa
I assume LG had lost them already when they handed over the unstripped missions. Someone from that NDA team could perhaps confirm this.
662bee0f381b8
From what I remember the problem was that whoever grabbed the unstripped missions did so in a rush and accidentally grabbed some which were stripped along with the unstripped ones, and once the mistake was discovered whoever it was no longer had access due to LGS being defunct.
662bee0f382b7
Looking at the archive again it seems the only unstripped mission still missing is: eng2.mis

662bee0f3835fZylonBane

662bee0f383f9
Wait, so we have an unstripped copy of the cyberspace/Citadel map now?
662bee0f3859e
There's a shodan.mis in the archive anyway. No idea if it is the real thing.

EDIT: Doesn't look so good. It's the same size and date as the game file. Why are there stripped levels in this?
Can anyone with some dromed/shocked knowledge check what is actually still missing here?
« Last Edit: 26. January 2013, 00:20:30 by Kolya »

662bee0f38a02unn_atropos

662bee0f38a61
There is an unstripped citadel in the dojo level. https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=17.0
It has all the architecture, but not the scripts and stuff, I think. Maybe the map could be used as a base to create a "unstripped" shodan.mis (together with rick3. I made the "where am I blueprint" this way)

unstripped are:
Command 1&2, earth, eng1, hydro 1&3, many, medsci 1&2, ops 1&2, rec 1-2-3, rick 1-2-3, station

stripped:
eng2, hydro2, ops 3&4, shodan
662bee0f38dd4
Thank you. To be extra sure I did byte comparisons of these files and confirmed they are exactly the same files that are found in the game.
I deleted those stripped duplicates from the archive and will update the download in the first post. EDIT: Done.
662bee0f38f2b
Sorry to resurrect a thread that's been dead for over a year, but I have a clarifying question. To me, something isn't clear. Are the maps included in this download only the architecture of the ship (i.e. the just the walls, ceiling, floor, etc) or do these maps include enemy spawns, item pickups etc. I want to make a mod that adds additional audio logs and weapon stashes into the original maps and I'd like to know if this it what I should use for doing that.

thank you   :what:

662bee0f38fe6voodoo47

662bee0f39037
as stated before, these are complete SS2 maps in fully editable format, that means everything is present, and can be changed or modified, including the world geometry and textures.
Acknowledged by: AP

662bee0f39127voodoo47

662bee0f39177
the good news is, with an amount of work I'm not even going to try to imagine, the room brushes can be restored (accurately enough), effectively converting a stripped level back to the unstripped state. in fact, this has already been done, and thanks to antimatter_16, we now have an unstripped version of eng2 at hand (should be part of SCP beta2).
662bee0f3925f
I'm raising this half empty beer bottle to you, antimatter!

662bee0f395beSystem Shocked

662bee0f3961d
I'm raising this half empty beer bottle to you, antimatter!

You mean half full beer bottle.

662bee0f39a54antimatter_16

662bee0f39ac7
Damn optimists.
In my opinion, half empty or half full should generally indicate what transformation the bottle has undergone. To be more precise, you could say it is half-filled, or half-emptied. To be even more precise, you could say the bottle contains .5 liters of liquid, and we'll all die of thirst soon if not rescued.
Signed,
-A Realist

As far as the Eng2.mis rebuild, if you don't want to be dependent on any SCP resources, you can just export the terrain using an area brush and brush filtering to create a multibrush.

To export and import the multibrush at the correct coordinates, use the method NV suggested to me:
0 ) Make sure there are no stored multibrushes in the level (because they won't be included in "Multibrush Me")

1 ) Create  a new brush - make it large and oddly-shaped so that you can find it easily.  This is an "anchor"
2 ) Move the anchor brush to 0,0,0.
3 ) Multibrush the entire level
4 ) Remove the anchor brush from the mutlibrush and re-add it (by shift-clicking on it twice; it should now be the selected brush, highlighted in  white.)
5 ) Centre the camera on the anchor brush
6 ) Save the multibrush
7 ) Load the destination level
8 ) Create another new anchor brush with an odd size at 0,0,0.
9 ) Select the new anchor brush and centre the camera on it.
10 ) With the new anchor brush at 0,0,0 selected, load the multibrush.
11 ) Dissolve the multibrush
12 ) Delete the two "anchor" objects at

Multibrushes are saved/loaded based on the selected object. (Or the centre of the camera, I can't remember which.  The procedure above will work for either.)

662bee0f39b80voodoo47

662bee0f39bf2
ops4 is now available in an unstripped form (antimatter_16 again), see the note in the first post.

662bee0f39ca9ZylonBane

662bee0f39cfb
Which version did you post? The pre-SCP version did still have a few areas that needed touchup to fully align it with the vanilla map.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

A familiar passcode with 3 digits:
1 Guest is here.
The 1,000-year-old citadel that rises out of the Atlantic Ocean
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662bee0f3b2e8