662b3aa42af14

662b3aa42b46a
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Christine FM4: Urlaub V3 Read 21276 times  

662b3aa42be57Christine

662b3aa42befa
Tags: °FM °SS2
This is Christine's 4th installment of a her fan missions campaign. It's not a typical SS2 campaign, but a "Funmission", so don't take it too seriously. You are on vacation. There are no keycards, codes, security cams or respawns, and sometimes sneaking may be better than fighting ... (As discussed on TTLG here and then here)

Special leave in the Caribbean - I should feel honored and in fact it's very idyllic. I've spent four days doing nothing but sunbathing, sleeping and swimming and now I've had enough. I don't even get the news here. The damn nostalgic radio station only plays South Seas music. If I hear even one more chord played on a Hawaiian guitar, I'll lose it! Man, there's absolutely nothing going around here!! The UNN might as well have put me into solitary confinement. At least there I could have a chat with the guards. I still have three and a half weeks of special leave ahead of me. How do I get through that without dying of boredom? I'd rather fight a horde of ice monsters than stay here. At least I have some experience at that...
Tomorrow I'll do some diving. I think I saw a dorsal fin in the waves. A shark, maybe? THAT would be a diversion...

Visit Christine's site for screenshots.
« Last Edit: 28. June 2020, 15:06:02 by Moderator »

662b3aa42c066sgt.jonas grant

Re: SS2 Christine FM4: Urlaub
662b3aa42c0c1
man, that looks greate!!

EDIT: everything christine do always look greate!!!!
« Last Edit: 20. April 2008, 18:48:00 by sgt.jonas grant »

662b3aa42c1a1Digital Hitman

662b3aa42c1f5
this is one awesome Fm

Note to Self: don't go into the locker room  :p
'nother note to self: don't attack the tourist  :weird:

662b3aa42c2a0sgt.jonas grant

662b3aa42c304
oh, yeah sarah :P damn, i got so scared when she said *hey!* that i started shooting to whatever was moving... never got what the hell hapenned...

662b3aa42c398ViralHatred

662b3aa42c3e9
I killed Sarah.

662b3aa42c49csgt.jonas grant

662b3aa42c4f6
lol, yeah, thats what i meaned... but in shorter :P

EDIT: damn i have to stop posting here, iy look like i spend all my time on that topic!

662b3aa42c6a5miracle.flame

662b3aa42c702
This is my first FM to try out. Seriously. Pretty harder than it seems at the beginning.

I've got a problem..not really related strictly to this FM but hey... in these missions it's unbearable! I'm getting very low performance. Sometimes it's 8 fps when having the whole beach in view or so. In original campaing it happened only when I was looking at the new hi-poly goo that's part of SHTUP but it went down only to 20 fps, that's definitely better than 8.
I remember playing on older comp with older graphic card and the goo was not causing such a drop. Now that I have Intel Core Duo 2,4 Mhz with ATI Radeon HD2600 XT 512 MB I can play Crysis on High but SS2 is causing problems. It does not help much to turn off AA and AF.

I wonder if someone has similar experiences or know about a way to boost the performance with newer setup. It seems really strange to me.

662b3aa42cb69Assassin

662b3aa42cbc5
This is my first FM to try out. Seriously. Pretty harder than it seems at the beginning.

I've got a problem..not really related strictly to this FM but hey... in these missions it's unbearable! I'm getting very low performance. Sometimes it's 8 fps when having the whole beach in view or so. In original campaing it happened only when I was looking at the new hi-poly goo that's part of SHTUP but it went down only to 20 fps, that's definitely better than 8.
I remember playing on older comp with older graphic card and the goo was not causing such a drop. Now that I have Intel Core Duo 2,4 Mhz with ATI Radeon HD2600 XT 512 MB I can play Crysis on High but SS2 is causing problems. It does not help much to turn off AA and AF.

I wonder if someone has similar experiences or know about a way to boost the performance with newer setup. It seems really strange to me.
I have AMD Athlon 64 X2(2.9 Ghz),Sapphire HD2600 XT and I have no problem with the goo.Perhaps It's your intel :D

662b3aa42cd34miracle.flame

662b3aa42cd95
I've played through this and I must say it was weird and funny. Possible SPOILERS ahead.
The hardest part was when entering mansion... pistol ammo depleted, psi power depleted, health depleted and now whoa.. droids everywhere with some occasional and pretty deadly assassins. My mighty broom was the only saviour I could rely on (engine bugs too but that is considered my skills :P). And we did it. Along my quest I was able to gather over 100 bullets that did not fit in my pistol. Was that a teasing joke or was I missing some great gun there? Same goes for rifle slugs.
Anyway the outro got me completely. :D
This means I'm gonna play all Christine's previous FMs..looks really promising.

662b3aa42ce83Christine

662b3aa42ced4
Did you find the Uzi?

Sorry, I can't help you with slowdowns, I didn't have any problems with it. But my computer is older, no dual core...  (I'm able to play Doom3 with low settings and often restart...  :p)

662b3aa42cf98miracle.flame

662b3aa42cfef
I knew I missed something that would make it easier. :D Where was I supposed to find it? Nevertheless brooming droids and backstepping assassins was much more fun I belive. ;)

I guess the slowdown is caused by CPU processing methods which is not much legacy compatibile. Damn Intel.

662b3aa42d085Christine

662b3aa42d0d7
It's in the room near the gate of the manison and a second one is in one of the bedrooms.

662b3aa42d225Christine

662b3aa42d280
Have a nice holiday V2 is released. I added new custom objects, AIs and multiplayer models.
I had to add a small startlevel to make it multiplayer ready.
please note: the stiff brush can now be equip with "1", pressing "2" switch between pistol and uzi.

You can take a look at some Screenshots here: Have a nice Holiday V2

Special thanks to Greenhorn, NamelessVoice and Nightwalker for their help.

You can download it here: Filefront.

I hope you'll like it :)
Re: SS2 Christine FM4: Urlaub V2
662b3aa42d37c
Ok, installed, got it running, the video played showing the ship picking the soldier up, but once planet side, nothing else happens. Any ideas?
662b3aa42d485
Man, I can play any other System Shock 2 video except for the ones that comes from Christine's campaigns. Trying to install the codecs from the SS2 disc simply say I already have them installed, and I have the k-lite mega codec pack installed which I believe should have contained a codec to be able to play these vids. =/

662b3aa42d89cEnchantermon

662b3aa42d919
Have you tried it without K-Lite installed?
662b3aa42dab9
No. I use the codecs for too many things to want to uninstall it any time I wanted to play one of Christine's mods even if it did remedy the problem.

( possibility that would fix it though seeing as the vids play fine on my little brother's computer which has no external codecs installed besides any that came with WMP and that SS2 installed )
662b3aa42dccc
SS2_LarkSS_Urlaub_NewDark-Addons.7z
NewDark lightmaps, updated NVScript, glass door materials, and fm.cfg with "fm_no_shock_om_patching" preset.

Update: Edited the loading screen graphic to fix the cut-off load bar issue.
« Last Edit: 04. February 2013, 06:10:54 by LarkSS »
Acknowledged by: Kolya

662b3aa42dd8dShinobi

662b3aa42dde9
^ Can this be made to work in mp?
662b3aa42defb
It already does. Are you having problems?

662b3aa42e00bShinobi

662b3aa42e06e
Not anymore! Thanks to the update. Had (foolishly) assumed it was a full FM updated version and not actually installed Christine's original. THEN (foolishly!) didn't even try it in SP.

That's what ya get for trying new content after being awake 32 hours. =/

Cheers.

662b3aa42e47fchuckles n chestnuts

662b3aa42e4fc
Late to the party..again.  Professional quality FM.

My only discrepancy that I see is the notes seem kind of bugged (one objective just says 'M' and another has no description at all).  But other than that, professional quality and fun FM.

I personally admired the James-bondish feel of the goon-outfitted clones in the underwater lab.  :sly:

« Last Edit: 26. April 2017, 15:37:33 by chuckles n chestnuts »

662b3aa42e66dvoodoo47

662b3aa42e6d5
post a save, should be a quick fix.

662b3aa42ea54chuckles n chestnuts

662b3aa42eac0
post a save, should be a quick fix.

Here it is, its when you frob the computer terminal the additional objective has no description.  For some reason the 'M' only objective error was fixed when I restarted the FM.

edit: oops, I didn't give all the needed data to open the save, I just reuploaded the correct data for the save.

[save_3.zip expired]
« Last Edit: 26. April 2017, 17:26:33 by chuckles n chestnuts »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI that appears in both System Shock games:
1 Guest is here.
This place is in shambles
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662b3aa42f55e