6656e8c6ae9fe

6656e8c6af139
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Idea: Christine's campaigns + ADaoB Read 1721 times  

6656e8c6af53bjohnnythewolf

6656e8c6af5bb
One thing I'd really like to see is ADaoB's fixes being applied to Christine's campaigns. Let's face it: those fanmissions are excellent, but they retain every single bug and glitch from vanilla game. Since ADaoB could be seen as an unofficial patch, it would be nice to make it compatible or, even better, merge it with Christine's campaigns.

Of course, I suppose I'll have to ask permission to both Straylight (or whosever in charge of the mod right now) and Christine. But first, I need to learn how to merge the mods, because I have zero modding experience with SS2 and I really don't where to start (and also if it's doable).
« Last Edit: 13. April 2008, 21:09:52 by johnnythewolf »
6656e8c6af8a3
It would probably the easiest to ask Christine to apply the gamsys changes she did to a gamsys from the latest ADaoB release.

6656e8c6af95fjohnnythewolf

6656e8c6af9b7
I guess so. I was assuming she might be too busy with her own projects, but anyway, I'll ask her.

Is merging mods really that hard?
6656e8c6afb2e
You have to know the changes done to one of the shock2.gam files and then recreate them on the other. The changes Christine made are probably less than the ones in ADaoB. So it would make sense to proceed as described. If one doesn't know the changes one would have to compare with an original shock2.gam file + guessing from gameplay.

I don't think this is a good way to start off your shocked career when you have zero experience. The basic tutorial is more appropriate.

6656e8c6afe4fjohnnythewolf

6656e8c6afe9b
I don't think this is a good way to start off your shocked career when you have zero experience. The basic tutorial is more appropriate.

Thanks but... isn't ShockEd the tool to make custom levels? I mean, that's not what I had in mine. I didn't intend to change the levels' architecture or anything like that.
6656e8c6affdc
Shocked is used for changing shock2.gam (making gameplay changes) as well. In fact there's no other way.
You have to make models, objects, textures and sounds in external programs, everything else is Shocked.
1 Guest is here.
The spider is catching the tiger in a web made from Merrick Thread.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6656e8c6b06f5