66685a743a24c

66685a743abe9
1 Guest is here.

66685a743b494
Hello there fellow Shockers! : )

I'm writing because of a problem I've found while replaying SS2 for yet another time (GOG 2.46, no patches).

When I've reached Rickenbacker, the first egg didn't give me any cyber modules ; the second egg did (yes, I've been summoning some objects before).
From what I've read, for the game the first egg seems to be skipped and thus, even if I destroy the 16th egg, the game will still think it was the 15th one, effectively blocking my way further. I know S.H.O.D.A.N. is evil, but that much..? :shodan:

I've put a really big amount of time and effort into this gameplay (55 hours as of now, tho about 19 of it was spent on picking up nanites and buying ammo and med hypos in the training zone : D), so I'm REALLY trying to bypass this, either by spawning another black egg and destroying it (however I don't see the summon_obj code for it, and it could still be a problem if the game has to use some kind of script when it's destroyed), or passing through the door that will block my way eventually (either by going OOB, clipping through the wall, or changing the map to the next one) or any other option (like executing a script for example), but my knowledge of the game is too small to successfully execute any of the above... perhaps any of you could help? If someone needs savegames, I could upload them of course. I would be very grateful for any help, thank you! : O

66685a743b647voodoo47

66685a743b69e
people thinking one egg is missing/was not spawned has always turned out to be just them not finding it/skipping one somewhere as far as I'm aware (though I must admit that not getting any modules for the first one does sound odd).

post a save (you should be able to attach zip files to your posts) and I will be able to tell you which one has been skipped.
Acknowledged by: PLANET
66685a743b869
Thank you for such a fast answer! I'm afraid I couldn't get back to you earlier.

Thing is, the problem is with the very first egg I destroy.

I've retracked back to a savegame before raising the crane and touching any black eggs, and it's still the same, first black egg destroyed - no game reaction. Second black egg destroyed - I get 2 CMs.

I'll attach the save in 7z format, which should be better than a generic zip.
The savegame is near the lifts connecting the Van Braun to the Rickenbacker.
Just a word of warning: while I cleared up the entry area of Rickenbacker, I haven't gone up the ladder, thus all the turrets are active!

I thought of deleting rick1.MIS from this savegame and loading it again, but alas, the same thing happens, so it's not that easy.

66685a743ba04voodoo47

66685a743ba54
having a quick look, I can confirm that the issue is real (meaning, this indeed isn't a simple case of a forgotten egg) - we'll see what will come out after some digging.

the good news is that I'm almost sure it will be possible to salvage the save - if you have one you've made after cleaning all the eggs up, post it as well.

//ok, try to use up all the med hypos in your inventory, that should fix it (not sure whether it will help directly on Rick when all the eggs are already dead, but should definitely work on a save that has been created before entering Rick for the first time). one of the hypos is bugged, possibly because you cheat-spawned it. destroying/using it should solve the issue.
« Last Edit: 23. February 2019, 19:23:47 by voodoo47 »
66685a743be66
Thank you OH. SO. MUCH. : O  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Just like you mentioned, using all of the med hypos OR recycling them does the trick. And yes, it can be also done on a savegame that actually had Rickenbacker entered before - as long as no black egg was destroyed. Even when on the Rickenbacker itself. I'm unsure about the saves done AFTER destroying the first egg, but I'd risk saying they could be problematic to fix..
I thought that splitting hypos could work, but it seems it doesn't, really. Using/recycling them in batch is the way to go. There could be something tied to the inventory slot where they're placed.

I'm not sure how you dissected it, but that worked like a charm! Thank you, so very much!

Since this is the least I can do, I can perhaps help to address the problem by describing what happened before (and also what I tried after your solution). Dunno, perhaps that will help?

During my gameplay, I don't think I actually summoned any med hypos (practically almost 100% sure) ; didn't need to, because I collected a 'small' number on Earth.. a bit above 100000 (100044 to be exact), all bought in the technical training's replicator. Left my laptop for some time with a key pressed to collect nanites (collected just above 3M...), then proceeded to buy standard bullets, anti-personnel bullets, and med hypos. Buying alone took a couple of hours, I even had to gather more nanites at some time : P All of the items I had were in the amount of exact 100044. (have a savegame with this, if anybody would want it).

Funny thing is, didn't use a single med hypo (and probably just a few anti-personnel bullets, since I was depending solely on the standard ones). Changed my plan entirely during the game : P

While I was playing, the only items I'm sure I summoned were some strength or/and speed boosters (and only a few of them). Unsure if anything more, but very likely not.

As for the med hypos AND anti-personnel bullets, I've discovered - at different times of playing - to my both amazement and horror, that they are.. gone from inventory (not entirely, but just single med hypos and about a hundred of anti-p bullets) - just as though the ones I took from Earth disappeared. Beats me what actually happened and why they decided to disappear. All in all, only standard bullets didn't disappear/reduce their number (and oh, spawning more than 10k of 'em is probably an overkill, unless one wants to almost never take the finger off the trigger, in which case 100k could be not enough ; )

Thank you once again man, you've saved my ass from probably not pushing this gameplay any further and probably dropping the next approach for quite some time : ) If I can be of any help, just let me know. I'll try to upload some REALLY weird saves (like neutral protocol droid, or one that's levitating helluva fast and shortly after, exploding :D), but that probably in another thread (unless there's one dedicated for it). Have a great day : )

66685a743c559ZylonBane

66685a743c5b1
During my gameplay, I don't think I actually summoned any med hypos (practically almost 100% sure) ; didn't need to, because I collected a 'small' number on Earth.. a bit above 100000 (100044 to be exact), all bought in the technical training's replicator. Left my laptop for some time with a key pressed to collect nanites (collected just above 3M...), then proceeded to buy standard bullets, anti-personnel bullets, and med hypos.
Christ. You deserve every glitch you get then.
Acknowledged by: Maggot
66685a743c737
Tsk tsk, no need to be so mean, tho you may say I got what I asked for ; ) Treated them more like a backup plan, and as I mentioned - never used most of them actually. They could've overflowed some amount perhaps.. unsure.

Also, this is probably the first time I'm playing the game to a much broader extent (could say fully), eg reaching lvl 26 in OverWorld Zero, experimenting with various things, seeing a lot of graphical glitches (really bad/strange things at times..), so I guess seeing some unusual stuff is bound to happen.

BTW, much Kudos to everything you and some folks here (and on ttlg and other places) did/do/are doing in all those years!
« Last Edit: 24. February 2019, 00:55:14 by PLANET »

66685a743c800voodoo47

66685a743c84e
"stack of items suddenly reduced to one/zero" is another fairly rare glitch that can happen. having 10k items in the stack probably isn't making things more stable.
66685a743c9fe
Hey Voodoo, I have a multiplayer game running where I'm a 41 year old code monkey and the planet's climate is fucked, insects are dying and 50% of the players are below average intelligence. Any ideas?
Acknowledged by 2 members: Chandlermaki, Marvin

66685a743caacvoodoo47

66685a743cafc
nuke it from orbit, that's the only way to be sure.
Acknowledged by: Kolya
1 Guest is here.
does this mean something?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66685a743df18