6633c8cc58ff8

6633c8cc59641
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines
Page: « 1 2 [3] 4 ... 15 »
Read 47106 times  

6633c8cc59f0eRoSoDude

6633c8cc59f8e
can someone replicate the issue reliably? because I can't, no matter what I try.
Sorry, never had it myself, just heard humorous anecdotes. My condolences.

6633c8cc5a890sarge945

6633c8cc5a8fa
That should be easy to implement via DML. I can do it myself, or give you the pointers if you'd like to produce your own minimod. Start a thread in Engineering or PM me if that's the route you want to go -- you'll need a crash course in ShockEd and DMLs, I can point you to the right resources.

I guess it depends on what you think belongs in this mod. You are probably significantly faster at this, and I would rather not duplicate functionality if you're already thinking about adding it to your mod.

That said, a link to resources etc would be fine. I'd love some help (in PMs), since I have plenty of other ideas for things. I am on Linux, if that changes anything. Maybe we need another "Prey Modding Guide", but for SS2.

can someone replicate the issue reliably? because I can't, no matter what I try.

I can reproduce it reliably. I have uploaded a save which reproduces the issue in vanilla (no mods). You should be next to a computer in medsci with the psi amp out. Casting the power there should make the computer grunt.

Can you confirm? I hope this is the right save file...

It also tends to affect desks and other interactive objects, as seen in this video
[save_13.zip expired]
« Last Edit: 31. July 2020, 09:32:17 by sarge945 »

6633c8cc5ac64voodoo47

6633c8cc5acb0
yep, using that save, looks like it's finally possible to reproduce it at will. lets see whether it's possible to find out what exactly is going on there.

fun fact - the grunting computer (better known as the screaming toilet) issue is what actually brought me here circa decade ago.

6633c8cc5adc4sarge945

6633c8cc5ae12
Haha. I know the power is set to make random objects on walls and stuff explode, so my theory is that it's doing damage to the computer (or the toilet), which was never meant to take damage so it has a default pain sound. I don't know much about the engine so that's probably wrong.

In the video I posted, it affects numerous tables and stuff as well. I know it's over an hour of let's play, so I get that it's probably not worth watching it just for some screaming objects, but it seems to be anything that isn't part of the map itself and that doesn't die instantly

6633c8cc5af31ZylonBane

6633c8cc5af80
Pyro Field (not "the power") isn't set to damage any particular objects. It emits fire stims, and anything nearby that's susceptible to fire takes damage from it.

6633c8cc5b299RoSoDude

6633c8cc5b2eb
I'm considering having WormBlood simply swap what type of virus you're vulnerable to. I'll need to rewrite the description anyway, but the fictional justification is that it essentially alters your bloodstream to match that of the annelids. This way it's not too much of a buff for the item (as the worm healing effect is already quite potent) as it requires some active management, and it also makes more sense.

Also, cataloging where all of the ICE picks, Auto-Repair units, and FE devices are so I can scale them with difficulty and put a few out of the way for psi pull.

ICE Picks
hydro2 (1315) : In the freezer room with the environmental regulator
ops3 (698): In a crate in a closet with eggs
rec2 (598): In the maintenance Shaft
command2 (2215): In the meeting room on the bridge
rick1 (1787): In the room with the three turrets near the dead guy
many (1389): In one of the egg chambers
shodan (1231): Top platform in Shodan's area

Auto-Repair Units
hydro1 (999): In a Security Crate off the main hallway
hydro2 (1067): In the northeast room with the environmental regulator
ops2 (845): In the crew apartment with the spider ambush
ops4 (387): In Fluid Ops
rec1 (494): In one of the crew apartments
command1 (184): In Cargo Bay B
command2 (2217): Under a control panel on the bridge
many (122): in a desk in the irradiated water tunnel

French-Epstein Devices
eng2 (220): Cargo Bay 2B east part, 3rd floor, on the body of a female crew member.
hydro3 (115): Control room opposite the Replicator in a Security Crate (not present on Impossible difficulty).
ops2 (491): Lower eastern Crew's Quarters, northern room on the west wall, in a Security Crate.
ops4 (386): By the Interpolar Sim Unit (not present on Hard and Impossible difficulties.)
command1 (104): Shuttle Control, opposite Shuttle Bay 2's functional shield control computer, on left windowsill.
command2 (415): Southmost Escape Pod area, lying on the ground near a waste container.
rick1 (1783): From the Chemical Store Room, follow the first Nacelle B floor sign, go straight at the intersection and follow the corridor to a small room with a Black Egg. The device is lying on the floor there.
« Last Edit: 01. August 2020, 04:03:16 by RoSoDude »

6633c8cc5b9absarge945

6633c8cc5ba01
yep, using that save, looks like it's finally possible to reproduce it at will. lets see whether it's possible to find out what exactly is going on there.

There is also a similar issue with Psi Shield+ (and I assume the basic version too), as seen here

I'm considering having WormBlood simply swap what type of virus you're vulnerable to. I'll need to rewrite the description anyway, but the fictional justification is that it essentially alters your bloodstream to match that of the annelids. This way it's not too much of a buff for the item (as the worm healing effect is already quite potent) as it requires some active management, and it also makes more sense.

Could work

6633c8cc5bb43RoSoDude

6633c8cc5bb93
Pretty much have version 1.04 ready, but I still need to run through the game a bit with it to make sure there aren't critical bugs. Not too surprisingly, the new Pack Rat item stacking behavior led to a crash 90% of the time when transitioning maps or loading a save, but I found a simple fix and it seems perfectly stable now. Whew. Also, ever since version 1.00 there's been a guaranteed crash the first time you enter the Cargo Bays, which resolves itself if you reload a save from before the map transition (this also makes it hard to debug).

The new Pack Rat item stacking:
https://vimeo.com/444324026

Security crates are now repairable after a critically failed hack:
https://vimeo.com/444430737

6633c8cc5bfa3RoSoDude

6633c8cc5bff5
Update 1.04 is live. As you know, this one is mostly focused on buffing less attractive O/S upgrades, and I got some other things in based on your feedback.

#### 1.04 ####
-Fixed Powered Armor still providing 20% protection unpowered when intended to be reverted to 0% protection
-Removed extraneous Anti-Human/Energy protection on Hazard Suit and Worm Skin, now same as Combat value indicates
-Tank O/S upgrade now offers 10% combat protection instead of 10 HP bonus (stacks with other sources of protection)
-Pack Rat O/S upgrade now allows for stacking of food and junk items in addition to granting 3 more inventory spaces (includes beakers)
-Tinker O/S upgrade now allows for modification level 2 with French-Epstein devices in addition to halved nanite cost when using the Modify skill
-Strong Metabolism O/S Upgrade now halves the tick frequency of toxic/radiation damage in addition to reducing its amount by 25%
-Increased Smasher O/S upgrade base damage from 1.25-1.33x to 1.43-1.5x to compete with 1.35x from Lethal Weapon
   -Wrench 9->10 (normal 7)
   -Crystal Shard 15->18 (normal 12)
   -Laser Rapier 18->19 (normal 13)
   -Psi Sword 24->27 (normal 18)
-Increased Energy damage multiplier for half-mechanical enemies from 1.0x to 1.5x to reside between 1.0x for half-annelid enemies and 2.0x for mechanical enemies
-Grenade Launcher and Fusion Cannon now experience moderate recoil
-The WormBlood implant now swaps immunity against anti-annelid to anti-human on the Viral Proliferator and Worm Launcher in addition to allowing healing from worm piles
-Hackable crates can now be repaired after critically failing a hack, instead of exploding
   -Security Crates: Repair skill 1, 4 nanites, 20% base success, 0 base ICE
   -High-Security Crates: Repair skill 5, 4 nanites, -10% base success, 0 base ICE
-Removed some devices on Normal/Hard/Impossible difficulties:
   -Removed ICE Pick in Hydroponics B freezer on Impossible
   -Removed Auto-Repair Unit in Hydroponics B maintenance area on Impossible
   -Removed ICE Pick in Ops C storage closet on Hard/Impossible
   -Removed Auto-Repair Unit in Ops D Fluid Ops on Hard/Impossible
   -Removed French-Epstein Device in Command A Shuttle Bay on Normal/Hard/Impossible
   -Removed Auto-Repair Unit in Command B Bridge on Normal/Hard/Impossible
   -Removed ICE Pick in Many egg chamber on Normal/Hard/Impossible
-Replaced some anti-rad hypos with anti-toxin hypos
   -2 in Hydro A
   -1 in Command B in a High-Security Crate
   -2 in Rickenbacker A
-Decreased ammo count on ADaOB's Fusion Cannon jammed by 2 extra prisms from 42 to 36
-Added a semicolon to a custom script for the prism repair feature that could potentially cause a syntax error (?)
-Further clarified French-Epstein's level 1 modification restriction in the text description
-Rearranged gamesys.dml slightly to better match changelist order

I ran up through Ops/Recreation with no slowdown or crashing. Didn't even crash entering the Engineering Cargo Bays this time, surprisingly. Still, doesn't hurt to put a save before you hit its bulkhead for the first time.

6633c8cc5c0dasarge945

6633c8cc5c128
Awesome thanks! I'm gonna play through the game again with it in the next few days.

I've been trying to get shocked working so I can do the hacking stuff I want to do, but I'm getting stumped by annoying GUIfont errors, so I can't do the changes I want to do.

Also from the description tinkerer sounds amazing

6633c8cc5c20cRoSoDude

6633c8cc5c25b
Great, let me know how it goes!

Hopefully Tinker is balanced by the fact that you only get 7/6/5/4 FE devices on Easy/Normal/Hard/Impossible. To get the maximum benefit you need to do the first level modification with the Modify skill (requirements ranging from 1-4) and then use the FE device to do the second. So that's a pretty specific and planned out build that requires skill investment, an O/S upgrade, and the use of a very rare item. Should be okay.

6633c8cc5c453RoSoDude

6633c8cc5c4a0
Update 1.05. Some more stuff for Repair and Research.
https://vimeo.com/449929507
https://vimeo.com/482522156

#### 1.05 ####
-Reverted Assault Rifle degradation increase (as maintenance tools are much less effective on it)
-The broken QBR machine in Command A is now repairable, requires Repair 6 (20 nanites, -20% base success, 0 base ICE)
-Added a broken Power Station to the Rickenbacker, requires Repair 6 (40 nanites, -20% base success, 0 base ICE)
-Repairing Replicators now also sets them to a hacked state for free
-Replaced all Hack/Repair/Modify software from Replicator databases with other actually useful items
   -MedSci 2, Hack 1 to Portable Battery for 85/65 nanites
   -MedSci 2, Research 1 to Speed Booster for --/45 nanites
   -Cargo Bay 2, Repair 1 to 6 Armor-Piercing Bullets for --/90 nanites
   -Hydroponics C, Repair 1 to Disposable Maintenance Tool for 60/45 nanites
   -Hydroponics C, Repair 2 to Speed Booster for --/45 nanites
   -Hydroponics C, Modify 1 to 6 Armor-Piercing Bullets for 120/90 nanites
   -Ops C, Repair 2 to Portable Battery for --/65 nanites
   -Command B, Repair 3 to Small Beaker for --/90 nanites
-Each point of the Research skill increases the chance to find organs in loot tables by 15%
   -Reduced base chance to find annelid healing glands in eggs from 30% to 25%
   -NOTE: organs will not crowd out other possible loot
   -NOTE: Hard/Impossible still have a 30/75% chance to delete all loot found

EDIT: Also, there was a highly reliable crash that occurred when loading the Cargo Bays for the first time, but it seems to be fixed with the latest SS2Tool (with NVScript update).
« Last Edit: 01. January 2021, 11:27:01 by RoSoDude »

6633c8cc5c883RoSoDude

6633c8cc5c8d4
Huge update. The major focus is on retooling character creation with unique benefits for each class, coupled with tweaks to early game resource distribution to make each playthrough more distinct based on your starting choices. There are also a number of bugfixes (key among them being a deliberate attempt to rectify the Cargo Bay crash using ZylonBane's script alternative to NVCreateAndLink).

#### 1.06 ####
-Added more protection against loading the mod without SCP
-Fixed Command B High-Security Crate not being frobbable due to oversight in script assignment
-Fixed minor script error and added failsafe relating to new Strong Metabolism damage tick rate feature
-Fixed items getting recharged when dragged over broken Power Stations
-Fixed modified Pistol in Med/Sci 2 still having a 3-round burst secondary fire
-Fixed base Pistol/Shotgun/Assault Rifle clip sizes not matching new defaults on spawned copies (only affects debug)
-Replaced a script that frequently led to a crash when first loading the Cargo Bays
-Streamlined script file with a base script for common inheritance
-Updated Research skill description to indicate the new loot chance scaling
-Reverted SCP's WormHeart toxin "buildup", now always applies 4 toxic on removal as in vanilla
-Diagnostic/Repair Modules now always appear in robot inventories regardless of the Cyber-Assimilation O/S upgrade
   -Cyber-Assimilation is still required to actually use the item
-Decreased player PP on Hard from 3 + 8 x PSI to 4 + 7 x PSI
-Increased player PP on Impossible from 1 + 5 x PSI to 3 + 5 x PSI
-Increased corpse loot removal chance on Easy/Normal/Hard/Impossible from 0/0/30/75% to 0/10/30/75%
-Pickup ammo count on Easy/Normal/Hard/Impossible is randomly decreased by up to 0/15/30/45% on initial map load
-Replicators now require Hack 1
-Security Computers now require Hack 3
-Rocket Turrets now require Hack 5, Repair 4, Maint 4
-Rickenbacker Turrets now require Hack 6, Repair 5, Maint 5
-Increased Viral Proliferator Modify requirement from 3->4
-Increased Worm Launcher Modify requirement from 2->3
-Security Expert O/S upgrade now counts towards minimum Hack skill requirements
-Decreased Cerebro-Stimulated Regeneration healing from 2 HP per PSI to 1 HP per PSI
-Decreased Advanced Cerebro-Stimulated Regeneration healing from 5 HP + 5 HP per PSI to 3 HP per PSI
-Psi Reavers are now always guaranteed to drop researchable organs
   -NOTE: there is already 1 guaranteed drop each for Hybrid, Arachnid and Rumbler organs
-Added a guaranteed Monkey Brain drop to Hydroponics B
-Added a guaranteed Midwife Organ drop to Ops B
-Removed free Psi Amp from Med/Sci 1 start, moved closet speed boost to corpse instead
-Broke a Pistol in Med/Sci 1, still condition 5
-Broke a Shotgun in Med/Sci 1, still condition 5
-Broke a Shotgun in Med/Sci 2, still condition 4
-Replaced all surgical units in Med/Sci with incomplete surgical units
-Added a surgical key to the autopsy room in Med/Sci 1
-Replaced 3 proximity grenades in Med/Sci 2 with 10 small prisms
-Replaced Light Combat Armor in Med/Sci 2 closet with a medical hypo
-Replaced WormMind implant in Command bridge high-security crate with WormHeart implant
-Reverted SCP replacing a Midwife with a Shotgun Hybrid in Body of the Many
-Restored teeth crusher timing puzzle in Body of the Many cut by SCP
-Marine Year 2 Port MacArthur assignment: now starts with a Shotgun
-Navy Year 1 all assignments: now start with 50 nanites
-OSA Year 2 all assignments: now start with a psi hypo
-OSA Year 3 all assignments: no longer gives +1 Strength

EDIT: left in a bug where ammo count would reduce on some stacks when they shouldn't. Fixed and updated 1.06 upload.
« Last Edit: 22. January 2021, 22:59:23 by RoSoDude »

6633c8cc5ca85Sir_Figs

6633c8cc5cad4
I am running version 1.06 with SCP Beta 4, and Scary Monsters AI Enhancement. Encountered two possible minor bugs:
1. Shotgun hybrids seem to always have loot on impossible (at least the broken shotgun + one slug). Not sure if vanilla, only played normal difficulty before.
2.  Upon hacking/opening the safe on Rec (beginning, near the set of 4 upgrade stations), suddenly hit ~ <1 fps and graphics degraded. With 2 health, managed to die somehow upon resolution of the slowdown (~5-15 seconds). Upon a reload, the slowdown resolved without a death.

6633c8cc5ce73RoSoDude

6633c8cc5ced6
I am running version 1.06 with SCP Beta 4, and Scary Monsters AI Enhancement. Encountered two possible minor bugs:
1. Shotgun hybrids seem to always have loot on impossible (at least the broken shotgun + one slug). Not sure if vanilla, only played normal difficulty before.
2.  Upon hacking/opening the safe on Rec (beginning, near the set of 4 upgrade stations), suddenly hit ~ <1 fps and graphics degraded. With 2 health, managed to die somehow upon resolution of the slowdown (~5-15 seconds). Upon a reload, the slowdown resolved without a death.

1. Shotgun hybrids having guaranteed loot on all difficulties is (basically) vanilla. To clarify, they always had a broken shotgun before, but in vanilla it had the slug inside; as of SS2Tool/SCP, the slug is already unloaded.
2. Very odd that that you're getting performance decrease upon hacking the safe. If you get slowdown/crashing in the future, please PM me the ss2.log file prior to restarting your game, so I can see if it's a script error on my part.
« Last Edit: 25. January 2021, 00:49:34 by RoSoDude »

6633c8cc5cfb4sarge945

6633c8cc5d00e
I've gotten weird, seemingly random slowdowns and crashes for a few seconds at a time for years now. It even happened in vanilla.

I think the game just has the occasional weird moment.

6633c8cc5d361RoSoDude

6633c8cc5d3b4
Yep, that was the inspiration for the shield coloration. The regeneration feature was 95% of the work, though. Custom scripts to fake shield destruction (so links are preserved), to reset the hackable computers, to make various supporting triggers and reusable... Much worse than I had initially expected.

6633c8cc5d9a4RoSoDude

6633c8cc5d9fb
Another big update. Most of it is the SHODAN bossfight rework above, but there's some other stuff too.

#### 1.07 ####
-Streamlined gamesys.dml with batch property assignment for new archetypes
-Increased EMP Grenade contact damage 1->5 (vanilla 3; ommitted from reverted ADaOB grenade rebalance)
-Reverted EMP Rifle/EMP Grenade explosion damage from two 5 damage stims to one 10 damage stim
-Fixed EMP Rifle NORM mode not inheriting damage bonuses from modification and Sharpshooter
-Decreased EMP Rifle OVER mode damage from 40 damage to 30 (intended but was 15 vanilla)
-Decreased EMP Rifle degradation rate from 1.5% per shot to 1% per shot
-Increased Shotgun TRIPLE mode degradation to 3x and break chance to 1.5x normal
-Increased Laser Pistol OVER mode degradation to 3x and break chance to 1.5x normal
-Fixed Laser Pistol OVER mode swap exploit [credit Nameless Voice]
-Increased Fusion Cannon NORM radius from 5 to 7.0 so it can damage SHODAN
-Reverted Fusion Cannon DEATH radius back from 10 to 12
-Increased Disruption Grenade radius from 6.5 to 7.0
-Increased LabAssistant implant drain from 1 charge per 10 seconds to 1 charge per 5 seconds
-Equalized ExperTech implant drain from 2 charge per 10 seconds to 1 charge per 5 seconds
-Increased Replicator repair minigame difficulty (3->10 nanites, 25->10% base success, 0 base ICE)
-Increased corpse loot removal chance on Easy/Normal/Hard/Impossible from 0/10/30/75% to 0/15/45/75%
-Rebalanced Repair/Modify minigame difficulties on weapons
   -Pistol: Repair (3->5 nanites, 20% base success, 4 base ICE)
   -Pistol: Modify level 1 (20 nanites, 40->30% base success, 2->3 base ICE)
   -Pistol: Modify level 2 (20 nanites, 20->10% base success, 2->3 base ICE)
   -Shotgun: Repair (5->10 nanites, 20->0% base sucess, 5 base ICE)
   -Shotgun: Modify level 1 (20 nanites, 30->20% base success, 3->4 base ICE)
   -Shotgun: Modify level 2 (20 nanites, 10->0% base success, 3->4 base ICE)
   -Assault Rifle: Modify level 1 (20 nanites, 10% base success, 4->5 base ICE)
   -Assault Rifle: Modify level 2 (20 nanites, -10% base success, 4->5 base ICE)
-Using the "?" MFD action on an item now displays its stat and skill requirements
   -Unresearched items only display the current research requirement
-Applied difficulty-dependent random ammo reduction to prisms added to containers
-Converted a security crate in Rickenbacker A to a high-security crate
-Added a high-security crate to the Body of the Many, placed nearby ammo and new items into it
-Moved surgical key to the autopsy room in Med/Sci 1 onto a stretcher, now deleted on Hard/Impossible
-Removed some items on Normal/Hard/Impossible difficulties
   -A shotgun in Med/Sci 2 (no longer broken) on Hard/Impossible
-Decreased Ops D Red Asssassin motion speed multiplier from 54% to 11%
-Reworked SHODAN bossfight
   -Removed Mechanical vulnerabilities from SHODAN avatar
   -Increased head/avatar health from 125 to 500
   -Increased head/avatar WeaponBash stim mult from 0x to 0.75x
   -Increased head/avatar Energy stim mult from 0.5x to 1.00x
   -Decreased head/avatar Incendiary stim mult from 1.0x to 0.5x
   -Decreased head/avatar Anti-Personnel stim mult from 0.75x to 0.5x
   -NOTE: Left Standard and Cold at 1.0x, Armor Piercing at 1.25x, EMP at 1.5x
   -Decreased shield health from 115 to 100
   -Decreased shield EMP stim mult from 2.0x to 1.5x
   -Increased shield Energy stim mult from 1.0x to 1.25x
   -Shields dim and change color as they take damage, green -> yellow -> magenta -> blue
   -Shields regenerate when SHODAN is below 50% health

6633c8cc5db13tiphares4

6633c8cc5db65
Incredible..

will try it out this evening
Acknowledged by: RoSoDude

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the default melee weapon in System Shock:
1 Guest is here.
I do not own anything.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies