665b1c8bbdacd
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Rogue members of the Many
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 1811 times  

665b1c8bbdfe8icemann

665b1c8bbe050
Double post:

To add a bit more Prey along moral corduroy stuff (and sorry had a few drinks and been thinking of what it puts forth). It presents it's own one, of whether it is "right" or "wrong" to enhance yourself with greater skills, or completely new skills in things that you beforehand did not possess. Like the ability to sing (at professional level), or to be able to live longer, to have enhanced speed or strength, healing etc. Whether that is a path that humanity should have as an option or not, even if there is a level of risk involved (which in the games case is far higher likelihood of Typhon being present).

That is the kind of moral / intellectual choices (or at least dilemmas) that  I LOVE in games when they are present. Scenarios that are subjective to the individual. That aren't 1 dimensional.

Bioshock from what I recall (not played a Bioshock game in years) put forth the corduroy of whether it's better to be able to pursue one's experiments or passion without any ethical constraints/limits and pursue it to the fullest without oversight from anyone. That to me is far easier to decide on. Everything needs limits or we go too far.

Where as in SS2's case it's which is better of the individual vs the collective. For me that's easy. Individual every time. Fuck the collective will, fuck the system. I'll do my own path. But that's just me.
« Last Edit: 04. March 2023, 18:43:22 by icemann »
665b1c8bbe245
Opposite for me. The collective is composed of individuals. Generally fulfilling the most desires is good. There need to be considerations, of course. "Four out of five people enjoy gang beatings."

I remember thinking once, moral codes are actually selfish. You are valuing your ability to call yourself a good person over actually doing good in the world. I wanted to say that even if the Many had to be as violent on Earth as on the VB that might be for the best in the long term. But in SS2 Earth seems to have things mostly figured out. With the UNN being IIRC a world government, and people living seemingly well. Maybe our real Earth could use the Many, then.
1 Guest is here.
you're tricking your brain so it can get weird ~vurt
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b1c8bbf48c