666ee7b599de8

666ee7b59a3ee
1 Guest is here.

666ee7b59b165
System Shock Remake was released for the Playstation 4 today. Allegedly.

When I turn on my PS4, go to the PSN game store, and search for the game, I find it listed. Hooray!

And then why I try to buy it, I get the message "Not available for purchase" with an option saying "[Tell me more]"

And when I click on 'Tell me more', I'm told:

"You are not able to purchase this game for the following reason:

You do not own System Shock
"

And yes, technically I don't own it, which is why I am trying to buy it  :/

I've bought dozens of games on the PSN, sometimes on day one, and never seen a problem like this before. And it's been like this for a couple of hours now (I've only tried to buy SSR today, so I don't know if other games are effected by this glitch). And according to the games webpage on Sony's official site, the game has now been released (the on-webpage chronological countdown to the game's becoming purchasable is over, it would have ended at around 5 am this morning Greenwich mean time, about seven and a half hours ago, as I type this), and is available.

If I was superstitious, then I really would believe that SSR was cursed. Though this glitch is surely down the Sony and the PSN network, and not (for once) NightDive Studios.

Edit: A quick google shows that it was available for the XBox consoles a few hours ago, but then apparently was withdrawn (or at least disappeared from the XBox's purchase page). Also, I found these comments:

"Now my game is installed on Xbox Series X after redeemed codes from Shopto. But now when I click game for launch it but achievements aren't up yet and game wouldn't let me play as it says "There's a temporary network problem." very strange"

"Just bought a physical Xbox copy. I'm having the same problem." (this was in reply to the comment above it)

"They removed it from the PSStore (no longer searchable). WTF???" (I have just rechecked, and for me, the game is still listed on the console's PSN purchase page, and accessible via the search function, but it still won't let me buy the game.)

"No option to buy yet in the UK :(" (I am in the UK, BTW).

"No option to buy in Australia yet"

Still, if there is a genuine problem, then I'm sure NightDive Studios will have the courtesy to post a detailed and helpful explanation of how to actually puchase the game and get it running correctly.   :rolleyes:

Sources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/systemshock/comments/1cwgc1e/when_can_i_buy_and_download_system_shock_remake/

https://www.reddit.com/r/systemshock/comments/1cwwd9v/game_looks_and_runs_well_on_ps5_so_far_reaches/

https://www.reddit.com/r/systemshock/comments/1cx4t9i/what_time_is_the_remake_available_on_ps5/
« Last Edit: 21. May 2024, 12:46:53 by JDoran »

666ee7b59b46bXkilljoy98

• Company: N/A
666ee7b59b4cf
I know on Xbox it became purchasable today 11:00 AM EST. Can't speak on PS4, but sucks it is having issues

Xbox version has a connection glitch which means it has to be played without achievements till it is fixed

Edit: This issue has been fixed, it seems it was there was maintenance going on
« Last Edit: 21. May 2024, 21:01:45 by Xkilljoy98 »
666ee7b59b5ea
Forgot to post earlier, I got back from work around 8 pm, tried again, and then I was able to purchase the game, and so far it has run flawlessly.

I wonder what caused the problem?

666ee7b59b9b7sarge945

666ee7b59ba0d
I love how easy consoles are. Everything just works...

Wait, nevermind.
666ee7b59be5c
I love how easy consoles are. Everything just works...

Wait, nevermind.

You'd have to go back a couple of decades to get to the time when consoles "just worked". No firmware updates to cause problems (plus the console's operating system (if any) was simple enough and had so few options and functions that nothing really could go wrong with it). Games were mostly properly beta-tested and bug-free before release, because online bug-fixes or magazine disc based bug-fixes were mostly impossible so if a game had a serious enough bug, then the company could face the cost (both financial and reputation-wise) of having to freely replace the discs or cartridges with new, bug-free, versions. Multiplayer games were either never spoiled by hackers, or only were in very circumstances (I don't remember hearing of any, but online console multiplayer gaming was starting to grow in popularity, so maybe some cases did exist).

Consoles have lost many of their advantages now. They used to be a lot cheaper, relative to the price of a PC that can play games well, than they are now. Their games were never released needing a day one patch,. Their games were all released in physical format with the advantages that that brings, There was no risk of hacking, or of people using third party cheating programs, and (unless the disc was severely scratched, or the CD drive was failing, or the cartridge connection was dirty) then everything just worked 98% of the time. Nowadays a console (at least of the Playstation or XBox variety) is basically just a very heavily nerfed PC that can only run very specific software.

PCs, on the other hand have lost few of their advantages, and have become easier to use (for a gamer, I mean) and more reliable than they used to be.

666ee7b59bf5csarge945

666ee7b59bfae
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Honestly it's refreshing to not have to be the one to make that particular argument for once, so thanks.

666ee7b59c09avoodoo47

666ee7b59c0fc
while I did find consoles interesting in the past, the moment they started to require an account (which can be nuked in an instant turning your console, and the entire game collection into a door stopper) to do anything, they were dead to me.

an offline game installer that allows you to install and play the game, or no deal, end of story. ok, a tiny exception for steam exclusives that are free or less than 5 dollars, fine, I can take the 50 buck of total loss if my steam account is lost or something.
Acknowledged by: Join2

666ee7b59c234icemann

666ee7b59c286
It's when they stopped with the console exclusives that they lost interest for me.

Take decades ago where there was entire libraries of games only on 1 system, and it was a very different world. Now the experience is largely the same regardless of what you play it on. PC Masterrace for me.

666ee7b59c358Xkilljoy98

666ee7b59c3af
Speaking of the console version, on Xbox the All Patched Up Achievement description is in French. Not sure why but it's something I noticed.

666ee7b59c480voodoo47

666ee7b59c4f8
sacre bleu!

trying to bait the Raven maybe? better get a wheel of cheese if that's the case.

666ee7b59c5f0ZylonBane

666ee7b59c644
Should change the achievement name to "Omelette du Fromage".
Acknowledged by: icemann

666ee7b59ca63sarge945

666ee7b59cae4
Speaking of the console version, on Xbox the All Patched Up Achievement description is in French. Not sure why but it's something I noticed.

Strange, this achievement was only supposed to be available in the version designed for the Nintendo Oui

666ee7b59ce62voodoo47

666ee7b59ceca
it's called humor, words are put together in a way that makes no sense at first glance, but they do at second, and your brain goes all tingly when it figures everything out.

666ee7b59d107Xkilljoy98

666ee7b59d173
voodoo47I know what humor is, I just didn't get the joke

666ee7b59d29dvoodoo47

666ee7b59d2ee
the bugged achievement is in french and on the xbox, but if we take a Nintendo Wii, we can replace Wii with Oui, which sounds very similar to Wii but actually is a french word for YES. then we make a sentence out of that to make it sound like something serious but we are actually just having fun with words.

be on thyme for the steak, and you may miss your coffee too so definitely don't be latte.

brain still not tingling?
Acknowledged by 2 members: Chandlermaki, icemann

666ee7b59d38asarge945

666ee7b59d3e5
To be fair it wasn't a particularly clever or fun joke. Just a simple pun.

666ee7b59d48avoodoo47

666ee7b59d4d5
she not getting it, and me having to explain it was also funny, so there you go.
Acknowledged by: Chandlermaki

666ee7b59d723Xkilljoy98

666ee7b59daa8ZylonBane

666ee7b59db02
Ah ok, I didn't know what Oui meant :p
It... doesn't matter what it means. The only thing that matters is that it's French and rhymes with Wii.

How are you still not getting this?

666ee7b59ddccsarge945

666ee7b59de2c
It... doesn't matter what it means. The only thing that matters is that it's French and rhymes with Wii.

The joke doesn't work if it only rhymes. What makes it funny is that they sound identical. It's a homophone

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

____ at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Another fork in the road [] [] []
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
666ee7b59ec03