66706588e9e57

66706588ea3ee
1 Guest is here.

66706588ea976dodes.school

66706588ea9f1
Greetings all,
As a high school teacher of Info Tech I'm always looking for new ways to teach my kids. I love to teach using games and I feel that System Shock is a brilliant option! I've taught history before and created a massive year-long simulation which worked similar to the Civilization video game which was played via spreadsheets for stats and Risk board game pieces / custom made maps when we actively played during class time. My kids lapped it up and I'm looking for a new idea. I've already created a new similar idea based on the Fortnite video game - spreadsheets of stats, upgrades, black markets, risk pieces of home-made maps etc where each "Clan" in the classroom compete to be the best. As far as education goes, we create programs to help us play, ie dice rollers, random spawning items on maps, game mechanics etc and my kids just love it.

But I'm looking for new inspiration next year and having been a fan of System Shock since back in 1992, I think it'd be perfect for a similar project. From the cyberpunk / AI themes to the ability to include robotics, coding and even cyber security and ethics, it just seems too good to be true! I've already got ideas flowing, but what I'm struggling with are assets... I noticed a Cherno seems to have developed something a few years back for SS2 and it looked awesome though I've not heard anything in a long time - I'd be surprised if it made things further. I also know of the SS card game and Rec Deck game - these too could be useful, but what I loved about Cherno's post were the top-down tiles for maps!

So, having given my overly detailed context on this, if anyone knows where to point me to things like top-down close-ups of tiles / maps for SS I'd appreciate it. I know I can get assets for SS2 through SHTUP and there are plenty of websites with the SS1 overall map layouts - but being able to piece together a map for an in-class event where I can create a map for students to play the game is what I'm really after. I can make everything from the weapons to enemies etc. It's just those maps!

Any help or contacts you could point me to would be wonderful. Thanks for everyone's time!

Dodes

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the default melee weapon in System Shock:
1 Guest is here.
Another fork in the road [] [] []
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66706588eb5b1