666873dad7642

Page: [1] 2 »
666873dad7e79
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 multiplayer questions Read 2971 times  

666873dad9163Digital Hitman

666873dad91eb
Generally it's best when all players use the same setup of mods. Cosmetical mods like Rebirth and STHUP are optional though. Only the player(s) who use these will benefit from their changes of course.

will this also work with SS2 Jocke NoSpiders V2?  :scratch:
666873dad9411
Jocke's NoSpider mod is a gameplay mod. So every player should have it installed for Multiplayer.

666873dad9874Destructor

666873dad98d5
Hi Kolya/anyone else who can help,

Hokay, after the mega-mission of getting SS2 working on both computers (an old laptop and a new desktop)...they won't connect to each other.

I host the game onto PC1 (I've tried hosting on both PCs). I punch the IP address into PC2 (important technical note- the IP is listed as the same for both computers: 121.44.184.80), and it makes an initial connection (I can see the name of PC1's gamer). PC2 then says: "Click next to start a new game or wait for the other player to start a game."

If I go to PC1 and take the character through all the training levels, it starts to load with the circular loading dialogue. It then freezes on 'Synchronizing', with the progress bar stuck right on the second 'e' in 'Transfer Completed'. It doesn't crash, but it sits there for a looooooong time (5mins+) without doing anything. If I click 'Cancel' on PC2, it immediately breaks the freeze and loads on PC1.

So, possible problems might be:

- They both have the same IP- could this break the connection? They seem to see each other initially, just not connect for the game.
- I am running v2.3 on both machines, but there are minor differences in the file structures of each machines- on the laptop I renamed the LGVID.AX file to disable videos. On the desktop I ran Kolya's 2.4 SS2 Tool when trying to get the sound working. I am not running any mods, but the Desktop SS2 is 'mod-ready', and the Laptop SS2 is not. Could this cause a break? Would it be best to run a fresh install and make them both mod-ready?

I've connected other games on my LAN before so I don't think these two computers usually have a problem connecting to each other. I feel I am very close to getting this working if I can just get over this final hurdle! Any help would be great.

Thanks!
666873dad9a24
This might seem like a stupid question but hey... Have you considered going through the training on PC2? Preferably both should enter the last year about the same time.

666873dad9b0eDestructor

666873dad9b6f
To get into the game and begin training, PC2 would have to select 'start new game' to have anything come up (other than the 'waiting for Host to start new game' dialogue). Once PC2 had done that, wouldn't they be, well, in a different game, and unconnected to PC1?
666873dad9c9e
Of course the moment training starts on PC1 it should start on PC2 as well.
Why would two computers on a LAN have the same IP address? That doesn't even look like a LAN address to me.

666873dad9dd6Destructor

666873dad9e32
Hmm- unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be happenning. The host computer starts playing the training level, and the client computer just sits there waiting for a game to join- training does not begin. The host computer then hangs on the loading screen after training is complete.

The IP address is assigned by SS2 itself, and yes I did think it looked odd, but I'm not sure how to change it for either machine.

666873dad9fb4Nameless Voice

666873dada006
That looks like an internet IP.
If it's a local network, try disconnecting both computers from the internet before playing.

666873dada0c7Not You

666873dada12d
I would like to say that the difficultly is not automatically set to hard.  My brother and I are currently playing a multiplayer on normal setting.

666873dada1f5Nameless Voice

666873dada24a
Multiplayer is a difficulty level of its own.  It's not Easy, Normal, Hard or Impossible. It's Multiplayer.
666873dada34e
My fault, I had explained that wrong in the guide. I changed that part now.

666873dada405Not You

666873dada44e
I just read your updated explanation of the difficulty setting.  It make a lot more sense now, but I never realized that the setting didn't actually have an effect on gameplay (in multiplayer, of course).
666873dada539
Not you and i were playing multiplayer he tried to give me nanites but when i got them it said 10 corpses i pulled them out and there were 10 headless corpses standing up with arms streached out any suggestions?
666873dada641
Shoot the undead bastards, repeatedly. Then loot them.

No really, that's obviously a bug. You might want to consider going back to a save game.

666873dada6deDestructor

666873dada734
Sounds like the most awesome bug ever, though.
666873dada821
Every time I try to play, even with Hamachi I just get failed to connect error.

666873dada914Nameless Voice

666873dada967
I once toyed with allowing you to pick up corpses and move them around....
Image: http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3117/03192007172235yq9.th.jpg

666873dadaa61MachtiSonni

666873dadab85
Hey guys!

I'm having problems starting up a multiplayer session. I've got HOTU version with SSTools 2 installed (the proper way). The game itself runs fine, but whenever I try to start a multiplayer session it crashes by two ways

a) If I try to Host Game and press Next, it crashes after a few seconds.

b) If I try to Join Game and have the ip-address and everything right and press next, it crashes after a few seconds.

Any help would be welcome. Thank you in advance!
666873dadade1
As you know the same issue has been brought up here (and in a thread on TTLG).
I have no solution for this atm, but I know that more cross posting won't solve it.

666873dadaf2anovelweapons

666873dadaf85
This site has been invaluable in terms of getting SS2 running in XP on two different systems and applying mods. However...

We have run into a kink when it comes to playing via Hamachi. Not only does the disabling/reinabling my connection trick not work, (SS2 does list the Hamachi IP instead, but whenever the other connection is reinabled it will not allow a join regardless) but I have set my firewall (Norton) to block SS2 from connecting to the internet, but every time i attempt to host, my IP (and not Hamachi) comes up anyway. This is extremely frustrating and I have attempted to troubleshoot this problem for the better part of my evening to no avail! Please help!

- N

666873dadb04fnovelweapons

666873dadb0a3
Okay.

So now Hamachi will register my IP in-game, (due to the trick with advanced Network Settings) and it will register my friend's in-game due to a firewall that he installed. However, it still will not let us connect when either of us are hosting for some reason. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
666873dadb22e
Try the directplay 8 wrapper. I wanted to post it earlier but TTLG is currently down so I couldn't contact the author yet plus I haven't tested it myself. Others reported good results with it though. Once TTLG comes back the relevant thread will be here.
« Last Edit: 04. October 2008, 00:15:29 by Kolya »
666873dadb364
I was wondering if you put SS2 in your steam games tab you could use the voice chat in that with another person playing it on steam or can't I?
1 Guest is here.
xdiesp: I've been threading new ground for a while, I know it's full of traps and problems.
Page: [1] 2 »
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
666873dadf073