662bb9fe2fc76

662bb9fe301dd
1 Guest is here.

662bb9fe3085d
Tags: °sound °SS2

I was first introduced to SS2 by a friend, and immediately fell in love the original gameplay style, its dark and ever-existing atmosphere, and the lovely graphic design, which is all of course topped by the creativity that became this old gem. When I finally got my hands on a newer computer however, SS2 stopped working, and if it wasn't for this community and the SS2Tool + the ADaoB mod ( since the original game in its raw form refused to play without crashing ), I wouldn't have been able to continue the game to the end as well as experience the countless mods and fanmissions this community offers.

Little bio aside, this relates to the topic as during my progression of SS2, I have made some modifications to different sounds in the game that I felt should have been stereo, as well as did a remix/remaster of the Elevator tune just as my own minor tribute to SS2. Seeing as I have this stuff now lying around and since this community helped me to play the game and thrives through contributions of SS2 players alike, I decided to share what I've done as it might come of interest to some.

I should probably mention that this pack contains an edit of the sound for the intro sequence when a hybrid is chasing a woman down a hallway which you can view through indestructible glass. The purpose of this was to apply a bit of a filter to somewhat mimic the same filter you hear when encountering the man on Deck 5 who mistakes Goggles for someone else. I personally don't like the amount of reverb I added at the time in comparison with the rest of the game's sound effects, but I lost the source files since then and decided to include the edits anyway.

Also, if by some odd chance someone likes the remix/remaster of the Elevator tune I made in FlStudio a few months back, the high quality MP3 version is also available for download.

These are the following modified sound effects included with the archive:

snd/amb
elevator.wav     - Down-sampled version of my remix/master of the original SS1 elevator tune
geigerb1.wav     - Heard in most if not all radiated rooms.
geigerb2.wav
geigerf1.wav
geigerf2.wav
geigers1.wav
gergers2.wav
gravsh1.wav     - Gravshaft
gravsh2.wav
windlit1.wav     - Outdoor city ambiance
windlit2.wav

snd/ogrunt/english
ogchase1.wav     - Intro cutscene between hybrid and woman
ogchase2.wav

Download
Please use this external mirror if possible, to save our bandwidth. Thank you.
From megaupload.com: SS2_LarkSS_sounds.7z [24MB]
« Last Edit: 05. July 2014, 21:21:22 by Kolya »
662bb9fe30b2a
Well done, sounds good LarkSS. I attached the files to your post and moved the thread into the SS2 Mod Archive. Thanks for your work.

662bb9fe30c2bZylonBane

662bb9fe30c7b
So everyone doesn't have to download this and check for themselves-- which sounds did you make stereo?
662bb9fe30d6f
From memory: Geiger counter sounds, wind on earth. Plus the elevator muzak remix.
662bb9fe30e63
Thank you Kolya for moving the thread, and so quickly at that. Also, I wasn't thinking of doing it at first, but since ZylonBane asked, I modified my first post to show the list of modified files.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

The deck number where you shall meet Dr. Janice Polito:
1 Guest is here.
A whole world of nasty rusty scummy fun.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662bb9fe31a5d