66294fda0c07b

66294fda0c4d6
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 LGS Dojo Level Read 54859 times  

66294fda0d07c
Tags: °FM °SS2
Here's what Michael Ryan (one of the SS2 developers) has to say about it:
here is a mockup i made for the last level in the game.

playing with an idea that you would romp through a japanese-like virtual reality before landing in the recreation of citadel station, i had constructed a small japanese house with three small rooms, the outside garden and pond, and a pretty cool-looking entryway corridor. if you were to look up, you would have seen blocks of corrupted data and chunks of wire-frame cubes carved into the night sky.

this is a single shot from inside the house. the remainder of the level was mostly untextured or lit, but the geometry was complete.

If i'm remembering correctly, one of SHODAN's primary developers was of Japanese descent, and since the player was travelling through her "memory" ... I thought it might have been cool to have a small bit of the last level move through a Japanese-stylized area.

So I created a few textures and constructed a mockup of the area ...

Ken didn't like the idea, so I scrapped it.

Fortunately Michael posted what he had done on ttlg.com.
Zygoptera made some small changes to it so you can play it through SS2 (instead of shockED only).

Note:
There are no monsters in this level. It never got finished after all! You're in for some impressive views though...
The level is made of three seperate parts. To visit the next part rightclick the invisible buttons. The first button is just straight down the hall. Then there's a teleport button in every location you appear in. That way it's quite easy to find.
You'll recognize the buttons by the message in the 'comment line' on top of the screen.

Here's the original Readme by Zygoptera (included):

System Shock 2 Dojo
===================

Please Note: Original mission file kindly provided by solus (Mike Ryan) from the TTLG forums, one of the original developers of System Shock 2.

-----

Changes Made: Added teleport buttons to allow the player to move around unconnected sections
   -At end of first corridor -> second dojo section
   -Where teleported to, back to first dojo section
   -Where teleported to, to main Where am I?
   -From teleported to, to first dojo again
   -Lit the initial corridor
   -Crudely stuck a room brush round dojo areas
   -Made it SS2main compatible, objcast portalisation etc.
   -No architectural or other changes.

Note: Buttons are not rendered, but are rather large. You have them centered when you can read the 'two state button' description in the look bar.

Note2: Original can be viewed through ShockEd

-----

Usage Instructions:

-Make sure you back up the original earth.mis, or at least have the CD handy to replace it
   -Make sure your installation is optimised. If you have rebirth/SHTUP installed this should already be done. Otherwise, create a folder in your main ss2 directory named res, and move all the crf files into it. Then change install.cfg to reflect this change (eg resname_base C:\Program Files\Sshock2\RES+E:\shock), the altered bit is in all caps.
   -Extract the fam folder from the archive into the main ss2 folder
   -Copy earth.mis from the archive to your main ss2 folder
   -Play the game as normal. Skip the first movie
   -You may want to ubermensch it to make Goggles move faster
   -Replace the original earth.mis to reinstate the original game

-OR-

-Use zombe's mod manager.

-----

ObLegal: This level was not made and is not supported by Looking Glass Studios, Eidos Interactive or Electronic Arts.
« Last Edit: 27. February 2017, 09:58:16 by Kolya »

66294fda0d267Chandlermaki

66294fda0d2c2
Its not bad... too bad it was never finished.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

An evil mega-corporation with 3 branches:
1 Guest is here.
I really support you doing this.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66294fda0e284