6667b3c0c0d5b

6667b3c0c14aa
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS1 SYSTEMSHOCK-Portable questions
Page: « 1 ... 24 [25]
Read 61487 times  

6667b3c0c188aXenoneo

6667b3c0c18fc
bah! I forgot to post the second link for the guide installing the newest version.
Here it is.
http://queststudios.com/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=3376.0

6667b3c0c1a72Xenoneo

6667b3c0c1ac2
I just realized I had not followed up here, about what I did to get better music quality in SS1.
I ditched Munt btw, it was restricted to mt-32 and the sound isn't right yet for ss1 anyways.

I use Bassmidi now with soundfonts, to make the music quality sound anywhere from much better to wtfrealistic, depending on my mood.
I wrote a guide on it here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=3188.msg31633
Bassmidi is a pretty small file size and so are some of the more retro soundfonts, so it's a good idea for anyone playing SS1 to use it imo.
I'm really enjoying SSP btw, excellent work on putting this together.  :awesome:
6667b3c0c1c1f
When I run SShock Port it runs in a small window no matter what res I set. More problematic is the fact that the mouse cursor gets "stuck" inside the window and I have to ctrl-alt-delete to start task manager and end the program. The window cannot be exited normally. Could someone please tell me how you exit this game and also how to get it to run at 1024x768. Because going to options and changing it doesn't work. I've googled this a lot but there are so many threads referring to so many mods, patches and fixes that it is hopelessly confusing.I tried using shlink but it doesn't work, just crashes. Much thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.
6667b3c0c1f84
1. Extract a fresh SYSTEMSHOCK-Portable from the archive you downloaded. You will get a folder named "SYSTEMSHOCK-Portable-v1.2"
2. Download the latest dosbox update and extract it into "SYSTEMSHOCK-Portable-v1.2".
3. Open that folder, start SSP.exe
4. Choose o for options.
5. On the Options screen enable Malba Tahan's mouselook mod by choosing e.
6. Choose m for main menu.
7. In the Main Menu choose b to start the game in dosbox.
8. Watch the Intro, choose "New Game", enter your name, click the "Start" button on the screen.
9. Press Space to pass the help screen.
10. Press Esc, then choose "Video" -> "Video Mode"
11. Select your preferred resolution, then click the "Return" button on the screen.
12. Click the fullscreen button in the top left of the game screen.
13. Press Esc again and save your game.
14. Play. You can switch between inventory mode and mouselook by pressing e
6667b3c0c20eb
Thank you, Thank you !! It looks great. Just 2 small problems remaining. When I'm in inventory mode the mouse sensitivity is so bad that I have to practically drag my mouse all the way across my desk to move it half-way across the screen. Can that be adjusted ? Also, when I exit I get what looks like a full-screen command prompt window thanking me for playing and requesting a command that begins with S:/ in order to exit. q doesn't work, what is the exit command ? Thanks again for helping a System Shock noob.
6667b3c0c21f9
The exit command is "exit". :D
Regarding the mouse sensitivity: Do a search of this forum, this has come up a few times lately. Basically it's a parameter you have to set in xcyb.cfg
6667b3c0c2329
Well that makes sense. Should have thought of it. Thanks again, I have managed to get a few old games working well at higher res like Fallout 1 & 2 and GTA 1 & 2, and the System Shock games make a great addition to my collection. I think its worth the extra effort to get these old games to work. I am surprised at how well this game looks and plays.
6667b3c0c241f
I'm closing the thread here. Please start a new thread if you have problems with System Shock Portable.
1 Guest is here.
Trinitrophenylaminoethylcarbomethyle ficol (It's a thymus independent antigen)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6667b3c0c29df