665b163e04616

665b163e052bf
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Massive Attack - Live With Me Read 808 times  

665b163e0593c
Tags: °music °video °electronic °blues
https://vimeo.com/16428222

From "Collected" (2006). Vocals by Terry Callier. Video: Jonathan Glazer.

Kirsty Shepheard (35) is the woman who is seen getting blind drunk in Massive Attack's video for the single Live With Me.
"I was asked to get drunk for the part. It was integral to the shoot."
Kirsty got the role after she was discovered by Scots talent-spotter Des Hamilton. The actress plays drums in Scots band Samba Ya Bamba.

"I just bumped into Des in Glasgow. He said he had something in mind for me. He said they wanted someone to play a role that involved actually drinking. It's about a woman who attempts to drink herself to death as she is desperately unhappy after breaking up with someone. It's not like a pop video - it's like a tragic short film."

After her screen test, Kirsty flew to London's Pinewood Studios to meet Massive Attack's Robert Del Naja and the director Jonathan Glazer (Birth and Sexy Beast). Filming began two days later when Kirsty began her binge for the cameras.

"We filmed the first part in the off-licence when the woman I play picks up her booze after work. Over the weekend, she locks herself away in her own flat. We mixed up the shoots, so there are some parts shot on the street where I have to act drunk because they didn't want me to be under the influence in public. They wanted me to drink to see the changes that actually happen. You can act drunk but it's not as convincing."

Although Kirsty refuses to say how much she downed in total, she admits she was the worse for wear after the first evening.

"I had a hangover - because I mixed my drinks. But it was a controlled situation and I made my own choices as to how much I drank and at what pace."

[shortened from this source]
« Last Edit: 15. August 2016, 20:37:26 by Kolya »
1 Guest is here.
You are going to be late again
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b163e08e99