666f1d68cb565

666f1d68cbc2b
1 Guest is here.

666f1d68cc500Enchantermon

Re: System Shock runs natively on Windows (no music)
666f1d68cc56d
-Sliders may be "torn off" from their widgets and moved around the screen as mouse pointer images (no idea if this used to happen in the original game too)
I don't know if this happens in a completely vanilla game, but I do know that it's not specific to this mod.

666f1d68cc663gaspalorz

666f1d68cc6d0
Confirmed: Both OCDSHOCK.EXE ("from" shlink) and CDSHOCK.EXE (from SSP) ran through DOSbox do not exhibit this behavior. Sliders move only within their respective boundaries.

Torn off slider:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZHrpk.png

666f1d68cc780Enchantermon

666f1d68cc7d5
It can't be specific to this; I have never used this mod and have experienced the same thing.

666f1d68cc872gaspalorz

666f1d68cc8c2
Understood. But have you experienced it in vanilla or in a modded System Shock?

666f1d68cc963Enchantermon

666f1d68cc9af
As I said earlier, it may have been introduced with ToxicFrog's high resolution patches. Try installing one with SSP and see if it produces the problem.

666f1d68cca7bgaspalorz

666f1d68ccacb
I've checked following configurations and different resolutions, but couldn't reproduce this bug in any way:

-unmodded SSP through DGVESA
-unmodded SSP through DOSbox
-SSP through DGVESA + mouselook
-SSP through DGVESA + TF's 800x600
-SSP through DOSbox + mouselook
-SSP through DOSbox + TF's 800x600

666f1d68cce40Malba Tahan

666f1d68cce98
Second, I'd like to report few issues regarding shlink input:
-pressing Caps Lock or / (forward slash) causes it to terminate unconditionally
-pressing ? (shift + /) causes it to permanently freeze with sound repeating in a tight loop (aargh)
-F11/F12 (gamma controls) buttons have their functions switched, eg. when I press F11, HUD will display "gamma raised" message, yet everything gets darker (vice versa with F12)
-Sliders may be "torn off" from their widgets and moved around the screen as mouse pointer images (no idea if this used to happen in the original game too)
Thanks for bug-reporting, I'll take a look at them.

666f1d68ccf4egaspalorz

666f1d68ccfb4
Uh oh! It seems that gamma controls are already switched in vanilla game :hardcore:
"?" is supposed to show keyboard layout.

666f1d68cd07eShadowcat

666f1d68cd0d4
More amazing work, Malba. Thank you!

If you're still pondering a name for this, and were keen on something similar to "shlink", "Slinky" springs to mind :) (I can't think of any way to connect the purpose of the software with a Slinky, mind, but it would certainly be an easy name to remember!)

666f1d68cd1bfCodSlap

666f1d68cd21f
Or you could go for Snow... Shock Natively on Windows? :D I'm still head over heels about SSP with your mouselook, but getting SS to run natively on a modern OS would most likely eradicate all performance issues. Also, people would be more inclined to play the game again, and we'd be one step closer to a complete remake. One can dream... :)

666f1d68cd31egaspalorz

666f1d68cd36c
Malba, there is one more issue to be added to the bug tracker: when using surveillance screens (like the one on Med, overlooking the energy door), it is possible to move mouse vertically (effectively panning the virtual camera up and down). Horizontal movement is suspended, yet the compass is spinning wildly. It also causes the game to bail out from time to time.

There is also a weird "fish-eye" effect on wall textures when using low settings, but this may be related to my graphics card (note: this doesn't happen when running through DOSbox). Anyway, good luck!

The ultimate question: how should this project's name be written: SHLINK, Shlink or shlink?

666f1d68cd4e1Synaesthesia

• Company: Night Dive Studios
666f1d68cd533
The texture distortion is caused by the settings for texture rendering. Why would you run it on low, anyhow? It was like that even on a 386.

666f1d68cd959Malba Tahan

666f1d68cd9b0
Malba, there is one more issue to be added to the bug tracke
I'll take a look at the camera bugs later.

The ultimate question: how should this project's name be written: SHLINK, Shlink or shlink?
Since this project doesn't have an official name yet, pick the one you think that looks better.

666f1d68cda9bgaspalorz

666f1d68cdaf7
I am sorry, this texture distortion also happens in vanilla game played through DOSbox.

Of course, there is no reason to play in low detail, I'm only pointing out it looks at least weird when compared to other modes.

666f1d68cdbfdNameless Voice

666f1d68cdc4b
That looks kind of cool actually, curved wall surfaces!

666f1d68cdcf4gaspalorz

666f1d68cdd3f
R-grade acid trip enhancement activated.

Now you can truly feel the limitations of your mind slipping away!
666f1d68cde77
Ha! That's SS2! NOT CANON in a SS1 context! ;)

666f1d68cdf1dEnchantermon

666f1d68cdf69
I don't know about that...R-grade implants were outlawed after the events of Citadel Station, so wouldn't the enhancements the Hacker got in SS1 also be R-grade?
666f1d68ce052
Yeah, but "feel the limitations of your mind slipping away" is something that sexy OPS trainer said on earth. (And all we got was a needle in the arm!)

666f1d68ce0d5Enchantermon

666f1d68ce120
Oh. I didn't remember that.
666f1d68ce457
Malba, there is one more issue to be added to the bug tracker: when using surveillance screens (like the one on Med, overlooking the energy door), it is possible to move mouse vertically (effectively panning the virtual camera up and down). Horizontal movement is suspended, yet the compass is spinning wildly. It also causes the game to bail out from time to time.
This happens in vanilla SS in DOSBOX as well. You'll also notice you can shoot through cameras by pressing ENTER.

666f1d68ce681Enchantermon

666f1d68ce6d7
You'll also notice you can shoot through cameras by pressing ENTER.
That's not a bug, that's a feature! ;)

666f1d68ce8f0gaspalorz

666f1d68ce946
This happens in vanilla SS in DOSBOX as well. You'll also notice you can shoot through cameras by pressing ENTER.
While it is true that you can shoot in vanilla by pressing return key, "camera panning" is still forbidden - clicking on look up/down control cancels the screen view.
666f1d68cea39
I guess vanilla SS wasn't the right term, but it still happens with the mouselook mod. I guess in this case it's clear that it isn't intended.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

The deck number where you shall meet Dr. Janice Polito:
1 Guest is here.
What was my concept of joy?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
666f1d68cf9bd