6666fd9052179

6666fd905280e
1 Guest is here.

6666fd9052b68Subject Delta

6666fd9052be1
I just managed to finally play System Shock Portable, because it was very hard to do it, i didn't knew what happened, something went wrong everytime i run the game, it just crashed whenever i clicked in the exe file, and the intro played skipping frames and stuff. 

The problem now is that the game is too fucking slow, i have a Pentium 3, with 1gb of ram and the weird thing is that i just installed System Shock 2 and its running perfectly fine, with no slowdowns, but with System Shock Portable is just a pain in the ass trying to fight the serv bots because is just too god damn slow. I don't know why. I even set the 320x240 (or so) resolution and detail to minimal and it is still slow.

Please help me!.
« Last Edit: 15. August 2010, 21:08:54 by Subject Delta »

6666fd9052da0Nameless Voice

Re: Why is the game running so slow?
6666fd9052df2
Sounds like you're playing in DOSBox mode (though you haven't really given enough information there).  DOSBox is an emulator, it's slow.  Especially with an old, underpowered computer like that.  Even my Core 2 Duo E6320 can only run SS1 in DOSBox at 640x480.

6666fd905306fSubject Delta

6666fd90530c9
Sounds like you're playing in DOSBox mode (though you haven't really given enough information there).  DOSBox is an emulator, it's slow.  Especially with an old, underpowered computer like that.  Even my Core 2 Duo E6320 can only run SS1 in DOSBox at 640x480.

oh yes, im playing it in DOSBox and it is so god damn slow, but by normal means i cant seem to play it, help me. Im going to test playing it without the emulator.

6666fd90531daSubject Delta

6666fd9053228
Well, now i run the game with the Vesa thing or something like that and its marvelous, very smooth and fast, but the game is in Window Mode, how can i change that? I already checked in the Voodoo setup and it is in full screen. Please halp.

Edit. God, now it doesnt want to run the game anymore. It just stays with the black box (vesa.exe) and does nothing, it just stays there, what the hell is wrong now?????

now the vesa.exe dissapears but the game doesnt starts, what am i doing wrong? This was supossed to be perfectly playable, and it has a lot of problems.
« Last Edit: 15. August 2010, 01:04:03 by Subject Delta »
6666fd9053383
Don't re-post the same problem in other threads. It will not get you additional attention if that's what you're thinking. It's just annoying.

6666fd905358cSubject Delta

6666fd90535d6
Then why don't you help me? Instead of erasing my posts and attacking me you could help me. You even erased the message i dropped in the other topic, you could edit my post in this thread and add the other post in the other topic, but you don't seem to care, you are the programmer arent you? Why you don't want to help me? Is it something i said earlier? Why? I just need help because i want to play this so badly, you even answered the other threads in this forum section and nobody cared about my problem.

You are the only thing i got, i don't know any other forums in the web who could help me on this, and you are the programmer.

-------

As i said earlier, my problem is that when i try to run the game with DGVesa (what exactly is "Vesa"? an emulator?) it takes like 10 seconds to actually start the game, it just stays there with the black box, and when it loads it automatically show the intro of the game (which is not supposed to appear and the Origin and Looking Glass logos arent showing either) and when i click the screen it just send me back to desktop.

And i also try the "cdshock.exe" but it doesnt recognize the sound card, so i cant turn up the volume of sound effects (and other problem i forgot to tell before was that i cant hear any music, neither in the title screen nor in game, not even with DosBox, just special fx and i cant even hear those anymore.)

And when i use the "cdshock.exe" i cant change the resolution either, just 320x240 is available, if i try to change it 640x480 it crashes, and even if i don't change it, the game crashes eventually.

So the cdshock.exe is not an option anymore. What could it be? I've been reading almost all the threads and no one had the same problem i'm having at the moment. Please help me.
« Last Edit: 15. August 2010, 20:52:15 by Subject Delta »
6666fd9053728
Try to remember that this is a computer game you're talking about. Your life doesn't depend on it.
And I'm in no way obligated to help you. You got that?

Now first of all restart your computer. Try DGVESA mode again. It is explained in the Informations menu what DGVESA is.

If that doesn't work you'll have to do with DOSbox. Try playing with the emulation speed:
CTRL-F11 - Slow down emulation (decrease DOSBox cycles)
CTRL-F12 - Speed up emulation (increase DOSBox cycles)

If that doesn't work either, play on a better system. End of story.

6666fd9053808Subject Delta

6666fd9053851
Seriously? This is a computer game? And my life doesnt depend on it? God damn, thank you dude, you really saved my life. I was about to kill myself because i cant play it.

Jesus. Fuck you stupid 32 year old fatass virgin. Keep masturbating because you're not gonna get a woman ever in your life. LOL.

I just came here asking for help and you attack me just like that? Fuck you faggot.

1 Guest is here.
a waste of your time
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6666fd905675b