665c5a0ab8a81

Page: [1] 2 »
665c5a0ab962e
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Win 7 64 Bit Read 2145 times  

665c5a0ab9e6dpr0jectbadass

665c5a0ab9f0e
So I had a hell of a time getting the game to work and ended up doing absolutely everything I read on this site and finally got it working. But as soon as I started year one I had absolutely no sound. Now when I start the game it freezes if I click options or if I try to load any save. I checked for the ogg files and setup, but I don't have any of those files. Help!
665c5a0aba640
Which just means you don't have the HOTU version, no problem.
Please post a screenshot of the contents of the shock folder as it looks right after installation before using the SS2Tool or anything else.

665c5a0aba77dpr0jectbadass

665c5a0aba7de
Oops. Here are all the files. Thanks for the help by the way. This site is a HUGE help.

Image: http://i51.tinypic.com/wvy3rm.png
665c5a0aba95f
This looks fine.

The sound issue may be a driver problem, cf. this thread. Update your sound card drivers if possible.
The crashing is probably a consequential error of this.

665c5a0abaa35pr0jectbadass

665c5a0abaa81
I'm 99% sure it's up to date. My device manager just told me as much. I'll hunt the net and see if I can find anything. Also, I had to do the instructions to get the cutscenes to work.
665c5a0abab7f
The device manager only checks Microsoft which delivers very basic drivers usually. Check your card's manufacturer's site.

665c5a0abac35pr0jectbadass

665c5a0abac8e
My onboard realtek audio drivers are up to date. Just checked my mobo's website.

665c5a0abad47pr0jectbadass

665c5a0abad92
So I reinstalled my audio drivers and the game and I've gotten into year 1 with no problems as of right now.

665c5a0abae3dpr0jectbadass

665c5a0abae8e
Now I'm losing sound after finishing year 1. ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

665c5a0abaf42pr0jectbadass

665c5a0abaf8e
I tried installing 3D Soundboard, but the sound still cuts out. I tried opening 3D Soundboard from the start menu and it doesn't do anything.
665c5a0abb0c0
I guess you mean "3D Soundback". That program is not useful when you can't get sound to work stable in the first place. You should uninstall it for now.

Did you uninstall the old drivers before re-installing? To do that rightlick and "delete" the soundcard from the device manager. Reboot. Windows will detect the soundcard again and ask for drivers. Point it to the ones you downloaded.

665c5a0abb577Enchantermon

665c5a0abb5d5
Also, if that doesn't help, uninstall your sound card driver and let Windows install one for you, then try it.
It sounds crazy, but I found that for some reason on Windows 7 (for me, anyway) Realtek's and the manufacturer's drivers messed up my sound card (specifically, my microphone), but the default Windows 7 drivers worked perfectly.

665c5a0abb8b1pr0jectbadass

665c5a0abb903
I uninstalled my sound driver before i reinstalled it.

Also, if that doesn't help, uninstall your sound card driver and let Windows install one for you, then try it.
It sounds crazy, but I found that for some reason on Windows 7 (for me, anyway) Realtek's and the manufacturer's drivers messed up my sound card (specifically, my microphone), but the default Windows 7 drivers worked perfectly.

I guess I'll try that although I seem to remember having to update to this driver to fix a different problem.

665c5a0abb9a3pr0jectbadass

665c5a0abba11
I uninstalled my driver and let windows find it and the sound still cuts out.

665c5a0abbae7pr0jectbadass

665c5a0abbb3e
So I messed with the cam.cfg file to get the hardware acceleration turned on, but that completely took away my sound. Still can't get EAX turned on. Every time I pick a door for year 1, it takes 10 to 15 seconds of black screen before it tells me I received 2 strength etc. Then no sound.

665c5a0abbcd0voodoo47

665c5a0abbd1f
have you tried lowering the sound acceleration? it may be a crude fix,but still better than no sound at all..

edit: seems like you can't do that in win7.anyway,have you tried renaming/moving away the cutscenes folder? that's the first thing I do when troubleshooting dark engine games..
« Last Edit: 11. October 2010, 05:09:32 by voodoo47 »

665c5a0abbdddpr0jectbadass

665c5a0abbe2b
I just tried that and nothing. I ended up finding 2 newer sound/graphics drivers. I updated and still the same problem. Something is happening when I go through that first door to get +2 strength. Sometimes it flickers to the desktop for a split second before the 10 seconds of black screen.

665c5a0abbefapr0jectbadass

665c5a0abbf4f
I redid everything except installing the mods and now it works. So I guess I know what the problem is. Now what to do.

665c5a0abbff7pr0jectbadass

665c5a0abc0bd
Actually it's not the mods. If I start a new game and make it to year 2 without saving it works fine, but if I save before I go to year 2 it messes up. When it messes up it skips a cutscene.
665c5a0abc1af
Which wouldn't be much of a problem, saving during training is unnecessary. Does the problem continue when saving on the Von Braun though?

665c5a0abc2fapr0jectbadass

665c5a0abc359
Nope. Only the cutscenes mess it up, so I should be fine for awhile. I figured out I have the same problem as this guy(https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=1786.0), except I also lose the sound with the cutscenes.

665c5a0abc428pr0jectbadass

665c5a0abc478
Thanks for all the help and the spectacular patch tool!
665c5a0abc5d9
Sure thing.
It seems there is a bug with saving/loading of regular save-games (not auto-saves) on some 64bit systems that affects the cutscenes and then audio in your case.
Currently my bet is on the OS interfering with the save/load feature.
Anyway, I'll keep that in mind.
665c5a0abc7bb
I'd almost dare to say that it might even be as simple as remembering to run the program as Administrator, if it's the OS interfering with the save/load feature. You can get all kinds of funky save/load problems in other games just by not having that enabled, and I don't see the admin blue-and-yellow shield icon on the main .exe in that screenshot.

But hey, if the problem's already solved, problem solved.
1 Guest is here.
A little girl in a pink shirt reached for what appeared to be her fourth free sample of a chocolate-flavored waffle cone.
Page: [1] 2 »
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c5a0abdcb0