665b40b5cb867

665b40b5cc1de
6 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Straylight ADaOB v0.3.0
Page: « 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 35 »
Read 530208 times  

Re: SS2 Straylight ADaoB v0.3.0
665b40b5ccc21
I have a minor suggestion for the next update. In the first upgrade room, where Polito tells you to use your cybermodules carefully because they're hard to come by, the corpse in that very room has, tadah, some CMs. This always struck me as unintentionally funny.

For one thing SHOlito cannot know the CMs are there. For another her information that CMs were "hard to come by" is a lie anyway. She being SHODAN she could send you all the CMs she wants, but she's intentionally keeping you on a short leash.

665b40b5ccdafZylonBane

665b40b5cce04
All those things are true. Still doesn't stop it from being funny.

Of course, the real reason she says that is because the game is still sort-of in tutorial mode at this point, and Irrational was trying to make sure the player knows that they should use CMs carefully. The fact that CMs can be infinitely synthesized and emailed to the player is something that the game quietly hopes you won't think about too much.
« Last Edit: 13. October 2010, 01:58:50 by ZylonBane »

665b40b5ccfa2voodoo47

665b40b5cd00c
..ok,psi run in progress,this is what I have so far:

-pyro field is bugged.it destroys way too many objects (conduits,junction boxes,toilets),and most scream when being affected (already mentioned on ttlg,but anyway).
-detect items detects all equipped melee weapons (psi sword included) as items,and displays them on the radar.
-psi hack is weird (and unbalanced).it actually bypasses the hack requirements of the hackable object,that means you can hack hisec crates (hack skill 6 required) with psi hack emulating just hack/cyb skill of 3 (the hack will be difficult as hell,but doable).no bonuses from implants/os upgrades apply,and it uses way too many psi points (discipline activation,AND hack itself).it should be probably reworked from scratch.

665b40b5cd6a6Enchantermon

665b40b5cd711
By the way...why is it that every time you hack one of the Rick's ceiling-mounted turrets Xerxes spouts off two different numbers at once?
Because someone forgot to tick "don't inherit", so they have the Turret script twice!  Will be fixed in the next release.
So...did this ever get fixed? I ask because MadTaco was using ADaoB in his wrench-only playthrough and Xerxes was still rambling off two numbers.
665b40b5cd84f
Hey, I was wondering if you could make a new release of ADaoB, fixing the problem with SHEMP: The screen textures on Med / Sci deck are improved, but the ones on Engineering B (for example) still look bad. Another place where the screens aren't improved, is on Hidroponics (I believe it is in C or B). Also there are some on Ops Deck. I hope you can fix this.
665b40b5cd98d
These cannot be fixed because we don't have the unstripped mission files for those. Details have been explained here before.

665b40b5cda78That Fur In Camo

665b40b5cdad7
The training booths on earth are bugged, you can pull any item out of the "Cyber Link Booths" and put them onto earth by grabbing the item and holding onto it (using M1) on your MFD at at certain spot, while they're unusable on earth they can be brought onto the Von Braun / Rickenbacker as a extra "boost", I always found it funny that Goggles was able to bring fake "cyber" weapons into the real world.

665b40b5cdbd6voodoo47

665b40b5cdc36
known issue.
665b40b5cdd67
And actually it's more of a cheat than a bug. The chance you do that accidentally is small.

665b40b5cded9Nameless Voice

665b40b5cdf2f
I thought I fixed that.  I guess I never got around to it.

Edit: It has been fixed in the upcoming version of ADaOB, though the change was made slightly after 0.3.0 was released and wasn't made public yet.
« Last Edit: 22. March 2011, 14:14:55 by Nameless Voice »

665b40b5ce263ZylonBane

665b40b5ce2bf
And actually it's more of a cheat than a bug. The chance you do that accidentally is small.
If we're arguing semantics, that makes it an "exploit".  :p
665b40b5ce3df
Would be nice if we could prevent monsters from spawning and fading away in the player's view.

665b40b5ce49fZylonBane

665b40b5ce4f4
Given modern hardware, at least an increase to the fade time would be nice.

As for the fading itself, I always thought of that as the Many retrieving the biomatter for further reuse.

665b40b5ce609ZylonBane

665b40b5ce669
For a future revision of ADaOB, would it be possible to set up the pistol to use a separate muzzle flash object from the assault rifle, and the shotgun to actually have a muzzle flash?

Also, there's always been an annoying visual artifact with the way muzzle flashes are rendered. It looks as if the flash object is spawned in the game world independently of the player, so if you're running and firing, the flash will visibly trail behind the gun, which looks ridiculous. Is there any way to spawn the flashes attached to the gun barrels? Also, any way to give them a lifetime more than one frame, so they could maybe be animated a little?
665b40b5ce8b7
As Enchantermon noticed the audiologs page shows an extended version of the ghost scene between Dr. Miller and nurse Erin Bloome. This is the scene where Miller creates the first midwife by operating Bloome who begs him not to do it.

This is how it shows on the audiologs page:
Bloome: Dr. Miller....PLEASE!
Miller: Shh... Don't cry, don't cry... soon, you'll be the mother of them all...
Bloome: Please... don't do it to me... please, don't... I won't tell, I won't... choose somebody else... I don't want to change... PLEASE!
Miller: Shhh... Shhh.... Mary... Mary!

And this is what actually plays in the game:
Bloome: Please... don't do it to me... please, don't... I won't tell, I won't... choose somebody else... I don't want to change... PLEASE!
Miller: Shh... Don't cry, don't cry... soon, you'll be the mother of them all...

Since we have all the audiofiles it would be nice if the full scene would play in the game with ADaoB.

665b40b5ce957Nameless Voice

665b40b5ce9b7
Why is he calling Erin Bloome "Mary"?
665b40b5cead5
Short version: He's nuts.
Long version: He's religious and this refers to Jesus' mother Maria, the ultimate mother figure, which he compares Bloome to. He also says "Ave Maria" when he talks about her.

665b40b5ceb92Enchantermon

665b40b5cebf2
Darn you and your fast fingers, Kolya. ;)

665b40b5cecafZylonBane

665b40b5cecfd
I dunno... I'm usually all in favor of restoring unused content, but in this case it seems like a deliberate choice by Irrational. I think the existing conversation flows better than the full version.
665b40b5cee62
They may have figured that "Mary Mary" may be confusing. And "Dr. Miller....PLEASE!" sounds very much like repetition with all her other PLEASEs. Then again both hold some interesting information:
1.) That it's Dr. Miller, that we hear.
2.) Emphasis of his crazy religious streak. 
Maybe if we just order it another way? I just took the ordering from the audiologs page but others are possible:

Bloome: Dr. Miller....PLEASE!
Miller: Shhh... Shhh.... Mary... Mary!

665b40b5cef6bEnchantermon

665b40b5cefc2
The fact that it's Miller is obvious if you've been paying attention to the rest of the audio logs; Miller has a distinctive voice.
Also, I don't see any evidence of a "crazy religious streak" that would need to be emphasized; all he does is mention Mary once in an in-game log and once more in the unused ghost sequence elements. He's simply comparing Bloome to the religious figure of Mary, regardless of what his beliefs actually are. Perhaps you could assume from this that he's religious (if so, probably Catholic), but I don't think that's necessarily the case.
« Last Edit: 05. April 2011, 16:33:18 by Enchantermon »

665b40b5cf2f2Nameless Voice

665b40b5cf346
I dunno... I'm usually all in favor of restoring unused content, but in this case it seems like a deliberate choice by Irrational. I think the existing conversation flows better than the full version.

Yes, I was wondering about this too.
665b40b5cf44e
Oh well, leave it out then. We should just correct the order and make a note on the unused clips in the audiologs page. I think deleting them there is a bit much.

665b40b5cf4e4Enchantermon

665b40b5cf538
I'll take care of it.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Replicator restrictions are in place for the good of whom?:
6 Guests are here.
Amazing views and what a wonderful city.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b40b5d2eb7