66238bd10cf28

66238bd10d7bf
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Arcaniac Graphics Pack Reduxed Read 140600 times  

66238bd10e2fa
Tags: °mesh °weapon °object °sound °SS2

(As discussed on TTLG)

This is a reduced version that focuses on the enemies, weapons, objects and sounds. I cut out the parts that were taken over from ADaoB or buggy like the first keycard, the art terminals and the bot models. What is left is a mod that's compatible with others again and still has the cool weapons and enemy models.

I know Arcaniac had planned to change the story of SS2 with his mod and he never got to that part for whatever reason, so it was left unfinished and caused troubles. That's why I reduced this mod to what's usable.

The weapons included with this mod can be downloaded and used separately as well.

If there are any more problems with it, please report. Thanks.
~Kolya

//Version 2.1 includes extra weapon models to work properly with SCP, and a bunch of fixed textures. do note that this mod is still not fully compatible with SCP or Secmod, slight visual anomalies may occur (nothing game breaking though).

//the RealSG addon will make the shotgun hybrids wield an actual shotgun, working around the AI joint problems and making things look nicer (also display the proper model if a shotgun object mod is installed, you can see Assidragon's SCP shotgun on the attached picture). load with higher priority than the Arcaniac pack (also see the readme).

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: 01. March 2017, 18:57:35 by Moderator »
Re: Arcaniac Shock2 True Redux Graphics Pack
66238bd10e640
Screenshots:
« Last Edit: 04. December 2006, 23:33:20 by Kolya »

66238bd10e812vand3537

Re: SS2 Arcaniac True Redux Graphics Pack
66238bd10e866
does this work in place of, or along side of, rebirth and SHTUP?
66238bd10e98b
You can play it with shtup but it doesn't make sense to play with rebirth as these mods both replace the enemy models.

66238bd10ea56Fonzman

66238bd10eaa9
is there actually a version of the new wrench with a textured hand? didn't find it anywhere ..

thx/bye
Fonzman
66238bd10ecb8
Greetings!

Well...Had I just gained awareness of this mod roughly a month ago...[sigh]...

I started playing System Shock 2 again, at that time...
...in cooperative mode, with a friend.
We both played and finished it cooperatively, some time around 2001/2002.

We were happy to be granted a new joy when we discovered the 'Rebirth' mod...
"New graphics! Yay!"

But 'Redux' seems to offer a lot more for people who play SS2 the 2nd time around!
Actually, I also prefer the Redux textures (judging by the screenshots).

But we are close to finishing the game (about to enter the hive)...And I cannot convince myself of playing it a third time...
Though...goodness...We are having a time there...and a good one, too.

So, Arcaniac...
This looks (and sounds...no...'reads') like some damnably fine piece of work...and YES! Shame on you, Sir, for failing where most do...Some yards early from the finish-line, with dead bodies along the road (your unused files).

Of course, no hard feelings on my side. I 'know' that road.

But, please consider this a reminder (The "dusty little folder", you know!?). There are people who want you to finish this, out here.  :thumbwink:
66238bd10ee98
Started a new game with this mod, must say I loved the outfit of the training commander and the doctor in the beginning which corpse I searched and found the wrench.

What I did NOT like however, was that the keycard for the door right up the ladder, to avoid being sucked into space, was no longer on the floor.

Anyone else have experienced this?  :scratch:

EDIT:
I turned off all other mods with the brains modified Mod Manager.

Everything else was working fine until this True Redux Graphics Pack, e.g. the keycard was lying on the floor with all the other mods turned on.

EDIT 2: Everything uninstalled and reinstalled. Works fine now.
« Last Edit: 26. April 2007, 01:29:56 by Dvorak »
66238bd10efe0
1. Yes, the keycard is missing.

2. Runspeed is sometimes very fast (about three times as normal)

3. Won't work with Straylights ADaoB v0.25! Doors are missing or black but won't open and you can't walk through.

I would really like to play the game with the fine new graphics and models of the True Redux Graphics Pack, but not without the latest ADaoB.

- XeroX
66238bd10f12b
1. Pick up the card outside before entering the room.
2. If the game runs too fast read on here. It's very unlikely this got something to do with the mod.
3. Yeah, Arcaniac's mod is incompatible with the latest ADaoB because it has a previous version of ADaoB integrated.
« Last Edit: 02. September 2007, 22:46:06 by Kolya »

66238bd10f1c7johnnythewolf

66238bd10f23b
Is there a way to only load the graphic enhancement part on Mod Manager?

66238bd10f4abmiracle.flame

66238bd10f504
Yes. If you look inside the zip archive the folders MESH, OBJ and OBJICON are those containing graphics.

either 1, unpack only those into your mod-ready installation

or 2, unpack and repack only them into another .zip archive renaming the extension to .SS2MOD so it can be used within Mod manager.

66238bd10f5a9johnnythewolf

66238bd10f5f6
Thanks! Pretty sweet mod. I really wish it gets completed in the future.
« Last Edit: 05. September 2007, 02:27:24 by johnnythewolf »

66238bd10f69fjohnnythewolf

66238bd10f750
Are there any changes to the bots (maint/security/assault)? Because since I installed the new models, they are acting weird, like getting stuck in the floor or being unable to get past some doors.

66238bd10f805johnnythewolf

66238bd10f858
Does anybody know how to remove the buggy bot models?
66238bd10f97d
Uninstall the mod. Delete these files from the mod archive, then install the mod again:
mesh\mainbot.bin
mesh\mainbot.cal
mesh\mpbot.bin
mesh\mpbot.cal
mesh\secbot.bin
mesh\secbot.cal

66238bd10fd96johnnythewolf

66238bd10fdf5
Uninstall the mod. Delete these files from the mod archive, then install the mod again:
mesh\mainbot.bin
mesh\mainbot.cal
mesh\mpbot.bin
mesh\mpbot.cal
mesh\secbot.bin
mesh\secbot.cal

Thanks! Do you think my savegame will still work after that?
66238bd10fef3
Yeah, should be no problem.

66238bd10ff97Revengematron3

66238bd10ffec
Yo, what would I need to do if I only want to have the weapon models (so I can play something like Rebirth without worry)?

66238bd11009cmiracle.flame

66238bd1100e7
You'd need to put Rebirth on top of Arcaniac's mod of course, so the models are overwritten. You could have figured that yourself if you'd at least tried. There are no weapon models in Rebirth mod so it's safe.
66238bd110250
I wouldn't try that. You get all the bugs from this mod just for a few weapon models, Revengematron3. Instead you should try to find the weapon models and textures in this mod and extract them. Or if that's too complicated use Assidragon's weapons instead.
Looking at Assidragon's mod you should also be able to find out which files make up the weapon hand models+textures and real world models+textures.
66238bd110594
I have uploaded a reduced version of this mod (see first post) that focusses on the enemies, objects, weapons and sounds. I cut out the parts that were either just taken over from ADaoB or buggy like the art terminals and bot models. What is left is a cosmetical mod like rebirth, that is much more compatible with other mods like the latest version of ADaoB.

I know Arcaniac had planned to change the story of SS2 with his mod and he never got to that part for whatever reason, so it was left unfinished and caused troubles. That's why I reduced this mod to what's usable.

If there are any more problems with it, please report. Thanks

66238bd1106eapitchblack

66238bd11073c
Is there any war to install only the weapons, i have been looking for a decent weapons pack to compliment SHTUP and Rebirth, wich in my opinion improve the game alot, but im getting kind of tired of looking at the ugly wrench in the vanilla game. 

66238bd11081emiracle.flame

66238bd11086d
For questions like these I wrote something like this.
« Last Edit: 26. December 2007, 16:18:42 by miracle.freak »
66238bd110982
I uploaded a version 2 that fixes a minor problem in the inventory where the pistol and laserpistol had shown up as too short before.
Some crew models are known to have buggy models with odd spikes protruding from them, however it doesn't affect the game except from looking a bit odd.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

In which year was System Shock 2 released:
1 Guest is here.
The black and red character is evil? Plot twist!?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66238bd1112e5