6632bbddbb51b

6632bbddbba63
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Christine FM2: UNN Nightwalker v3 Read 117608 times  

6632bbddbc3a9Christine

6632bbddbc413
Tags: °FM °SS2 °nightwalker
This is the FM campaign UNN Nightwalker, version 3 (v2 was discussed on TTLG here and then here), the sequel to the FM-Campaign Ponterbee Station.

In version 3 all levels were revised, some changes and extensions were done, a few new objects added as well as some features of SCP. Respawning is finally working correctly and the object-shrink mod has been included. NewDark 2.48 (installable via SS2Tool) and SHTUP-ND are required.

You can now download new Shodan VOs for this mission, recorded by Terri Brosius, the original Shodan VA. Ponterbee_Nightwalker_VO_Terri_Dark zip contains ready to install files, extract (each snd2 folder) to the respective fan mission root folder and overwrite to get the new voiceovers.

Updated screenshots can be found on my homepage and I have also uploaded all objects that I built for the updates (in case someone else wants to build a level).

The audio logs of this mission are collected here: https://www.systemshock.org/shocklogs/fm/nightwalker/
« Last Edit: 17. February 2023, 20:30:28 by Moderator »

6632bbddbc56dOnyxPaladin

Re: SS2 Christine UNN Nightwalker
6632bbddbc5c7
Did you do logs for this one as well? I liked your work in Ponterbee, the german accent was a nice change from the almost endless american accents in stock ss2.

Also the woman who did Shodan was great, her voice didn't have the same smooth sexy quality of the original. But i think the malevolence in her voiced surpassed the original.
6632bbddbc752
Yeah I did the voice for Mark Simons. There's a list of the voice actors in the readme of this FM. :)
6632bbddbc862
I haven't had a chance to play Ponterbee yet.  You think I should play this first since it's the prequel, or do you think it would be better to play Ponterbee first since it came out first?
6632bbddbc97d
I *heard* you should have played Ponterbee first.

From the ReadMe:
This is a sequel to the FM 'Ponterbee Station'. If you don't understand the whole story please play
Ponterbee Station first.
6632bbddbca99
Right, then I'll play Ponterbee first.  I should have some free time this weekend actually  :biggrin:

6632bbddbcb27Assassin

6632bbddbcb80
At last.Screenshots are good.
Still downloading...
6632bbddbcc71
Just chyming in to notify you that the link points to Ponterbee Station, and not the UNN Nightwalker torrent.
Also, it seems the link for the screenshots does not work?

6632bbddbcd32Christine

6632bbddbcd87
I just moved my homepage to a new server yesterday, you find the screenshots here: http://zinkchristine.de/unn-nw.html  :)
6632bbddbce62
Aye, both fixed.
6632bbddbcf42
Jolly good then =)
Awesome screenshots, I must say.

6632bbddbd42ejohnnythewolf

6632bbddbd49e
This is the FM campaign UNN Nightwalker (as discussed on TTLG), the prequel to the FM-Campaign Ponterbee Station.

I know it's been a while, but I think you should change "prequel" for "sequel" in your first post.
6632bbddbd59a
Yes, you're right of course. Changed. :)

6632bbddbd6e9Chandlermaki

6632bbddbd740
Uhm... I activated this FM with the modmanager. Then I deactivated it and SS2 doesn't work, it crashes right after opening cutscene...
6632bbddbd862
Check the uninstallation instructions in the Readme of this FM and see if the Modmanager forgot anything.
If you find the problem a short report would be nice.

6632bbddbd997Silencer150

6632bbddbd9e7
Just finished this one as well.  (Hope I don't have uninstallation problems myself.)  Nice sequel, with a much more structured plot.  Also, see my comments about the first mission.  :thumbwink:

I do have a couple of criticisms though.  First, I felt that the skill progression in this mission was too predetermined, and this ties into my second criticism.  The mission isn't long enough to fully develop most skill specializations, being only five decks made up of single maps.  I know it's not necessary to purchase high-end skills to win the mission, but I still felt like I was left hanging.  I would have preferred to play Ponterbee and Nightwalker end-to-end, as the same contiguous campaign, but that's just me.

6632bbddbdb19Christine

Re: SS2 Christine FM2: UNN Nightwalker
6632bbddbdb6d
UNN Nightwalker V2 is released. I added a new engineering level, new custom objects, AIs and multiplayer models.
Please note: I also had to add a very small startlevel to make it multiplayer ready.

You can take a look at some Screenshots here: UNN Nightwalker V2

Special thanks to Greenhorn and NamelessVoice for their help.

You can download it here: Filefront.

I hope you'll like it. :)
« Last Edit: 29. October 2008, 11:13:02 by Nameless Voice »
Re: SS2 Christine FM2: UNN Nightwalker v2
6632bbddbdc71
Updated to version 2, see first post.

6632bbddbdd54npeteyd

6632bbddbdda3
I just got done playing Ponterbee, which was excellent btw, and would like to play Nightwalker.  However, there have been no bittorrent seeds for several days and I am stuck at 0%.  The also does not appear to be on filefront.  Could someone please seed this?  I am more than happy to continue seeding once I have downloaded it.
Thanks!

6632bbddbde7fChristine

6632bbddbded0
It looks like filefront just deleted all my SS2 files, I don't know why...  :confused:

I'm sorry, I can't help you with bittorrent, I never get it to work on my computer  :sweat:
6632bbddbdfcd
Uploaded again to megaupload.
6632bbddbe160
I've just been playing and I must say it is as great as Ponterbee station! One remark though, the lack of a map was a big downside for Ponterbee as for this one. I don't really know why there's no map, but Zygo (or whoever made Zygo Arena) knows how to make 'em (since there were maps at Arena).

<part deleted>

EDIT: Okay sorry people, I didn't see the ladders on those big fuel things. I've deleted the part concerning the problem.
« Last Edit: 06. April 2009, 16:17:33 by Doooom »
6632bbddbe2b8
Just finished Ponterbee Station and really enjoyed it... :thumbwink:

Just started UNN Nightwalker and can't figure how to escape the
holding cell where you start in...I have no weapons or skills yet...
I see a guard in the distant patrolling...Can't find any weapons or
means of escape...Any hints???

6632bbddbe645Enchantermon

6632bbddbe6ac
Everything should happen automatically. Try walking around the cell a bit if you haven't already.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI that appears in both System Shock games:
1 Guest is here.
Sir are you aware you are a cat?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6632bbddbf86e