662f02cd98a5c

662f02cd98f26
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 IonosFear's Colored Laser Rapiers Read 46682 times  

662f02cd9961d
Tags: °weapon °SS2

A lot of people will have these as they used to come with Zombe's Modmanager. But since I omitted them from the latest Modmanager version, here they are as a seperate download. Ionosfear's Colored Laser Rapiers.
Small changes I did:
I renamed them so they stacked better in the Modmanager, from "Colorname Laser Rapier" -> "Laser Rapier Colorname".

@sarge945 created an updated version with glow support.
« Last Edit: 01. May 2022, 11:59:24 by Kolya »

662f02cd997d3Lambda 00

662f02cd99828
These are very nice, especially the Green one;
I am going to attempt a retexture of the Psi-Sword :borg:

662f02cd998e8Fironkkuify

662f02cd9993e
Please do my good sir.  I'm an avid psi user and I'll be doing more commentaries with psi usage.  Your work would be very well-appreciated X3
662f02cd99a66
Check the date. You're 5 years late.
If the psi sword uses a texture at all, it would be trivial to replace, as it's one simple poly.
However it would be a lot more interesting to replace the whole weapon and combine the new sword with Eldron's psi amp.

662f02cd99d3aFironkkuify

662f02cd99d98
Check the date. You're 5 years late.
If the psi sword uses a texture at all, it would be trivial to replace, as it's one simple poly.
However it would be a lot more interesting to replace the whole weapon and combine the new sword with Eldron's psi amp.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Ah well.  I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't notice the date. 

But what do ya mean by combining them?
662f02cd99f07
The current psi sword doesn't have a handle or any sign where it originates. That's always outside of view.
A better psi sword might show an amp with the sword protruding from it.
Other scenarios are imaginable as well, eg the sword growing out of your hand/arm.

Even if it just originated in mid air and hence hovered before you, like the psi projection it is, it would still be better than the hidden origin it has now. That would also be the easiest to accomplish.

662f02cd9a098Fironkkuify

662f02cd9a0f8
Actually, you can get a glimpse of the psi sword's grip whenver you're going to swing it.  Basically it resembles a sword for the most part, but everything thins to a point (it's not a very thin triangle like I used to believe).  It's basically a psi-projected sword that the character literally holds in his hand and the description for the power suggests that it is in fact the psi amp transformed.

And I dunno if it'd be practical for it to come out of the psi amp and for the weapon itself to be held by a ball-shaped grip.  It'd feel or look really odd.
662f02cd9a244
It's equally odd to imagine that you transform the material amp itself into a translucent sword (and back).
While the description may suggest that ("Turns your Psi-Amp into a powerful melee weapon.") this may just have been done for a practical gameplay explanation. The skill name "Cerebro-energetic Extension" roughly translates to "mind energy sword" suggesting an immaterial object.
I guess there could be various interpretations.

662f02cd9a393ZylonBane

662f02cd9a3ef
It's magic. Best not to worry about it. Worrying about it leads to the madness place.
662f02cd9a4ec
;) More like the fanwank place. But yeah, psi powers are sci-fi's magic in many ways.

662f02cd9a5c1Fironkkuify

662f02cd9a61c
Basically an interpretation of magic pretty much.  No runes, no magic staffs, no robes, and no scrolls and books; just my mind, a psi amp, and so many contents to be released from a can of whoop ass.

662f02cd9a6d8Grombolar

662f02cd9a735
...So it's impossible to change psi-sword's colour? Love the purple rapier, Mace Windu -style!
662f02cd9a821
Should be easy, it's just not what this mod does.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic ____ of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Non ti piace il mio nuovo look?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662f02cd9e255