665afdf46a09b

665afdf46b074
2 Guests are here.

Topic: [Obsolete] SS2 Vurt's Mods
Page: « 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 12 »
Read 75785 times  

665afdf46b746Fironkkuify

665afdf46b829
Definitely some impressive work here.  Pretty amazing to see people take the graphics up a notch as well as adding to the overall game.  Very well appreciated Vurt. X3
665afdf46bbbd
Uploaded v0.2. I'm on a roll!! ;)
665afdf46bce2
Wow!!! Nice work! I loved the plants textures, and the water too. I got it working fine without the DDfix, except the water. Is there a way fix this (I mean to be able to use the water mod without the DDfix)?

Thanks again for this amazing work. Maybe in the future this could be merged with SHTUP...
665afdf46c02a
Thanks again for this amazing work. Maybe in the future this could be merged with SHTUP...

More cringing coming up...

665afdf46c17cZylonBane

665afdf46c1fc
Be quiet Salk.
665afdf46c421
Be quiet Salk.

Just joking. Didn't mean to be offensive.  :)

665afdf46c55bXenoneo

665afdf46c5a9
I tried just running the water mods with mod manager and obviously that didn't work.  It just made nothing appear where the water should be.
So, I see that you said you need ddfix to run the water mod.  In what way do you use ddfix to run the water mod?
Forgive the confusion, I just haven't seen an install guide on here or in the files and I never had to do this before, since I haven't modded thief yet.
Do you mean ddfix.ini needs to have the option to load outside 32bit textures and then put all the files names in there?
I tried enabling TextureReplacement and TexturePath, then putting the fam and ddfix folders in the res folder, inside the root shock folder, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

665afdf46c6cfXenoneo

665afdf46c6ff
Nevermind, I figured out how to install the water mod.
The fam folder is inside the res folder in the mod zip, but it really goes in the root folder instead of the RES folder.
I just renamed the old waterhw file in fam to waterhw_bak and popped the new one in.
It also requires you to enable TextureReplacement and TexturePath in ddfix.ini.
Most people who come here already know this stuff probably, but in the off chance someone comes here that doesn't, this info might help them.
665afdf46c864
You dont need to enable any .ini stuff, i removed all mine and it still found all my textures. The override .pcx files points to a /ddfix folder where it instead loads my .tga files. I think this is handled by the ddfix.dll and not by the .ini in any way. Do you have the latest ddfix?

Edit: i've repacked both versions of the mod, it should now work with the mod manager.
« Last Edit: 22. September 2011, 00:35:35 by vurt »

665afdf46c953Xenoneo

665afdf46c99d
It must be a conflict I have with another mod, because the repacks for mod manager both have a loud water sound and clear water.
Running with Straylight adaob, shmup music, Eldrion psiAMP texture, all tacticool weapon textures (adaob pistol fix also), and your flora overhaul in mod manager.
The game itself is patched with shtup textures and rebirth enemies.
That's a ton of texture mods already, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a conflict.
It runs fine when I install it the way I explained before, so It's cool. :)
665afdf46cae0
I dont really see how it could conflict, it will overwrite the original files, the overwritten files directs the textures to /ddfix folder, it's not more advanced than that hehe. But i'm also not familiar with the mod manager and how it decides which installed mods to read etc.. I'm using a ton of mods myself too, but i just overwrite all my files so it's a more direct approach ;) But i'm glad you got it working :)

665afdf46cbfcNameless Voice

665afdf46cc4b
This is some impressive work in this thread, keep it up!
665afdf46cd37
Uploaded v0.3 of the water mod, it's darker than the previous version.

665afdf46cf15Fironkkuify

665afdf46cf60
Damn, that's pretty grosteque.

Love it. -w-

665afdf46d0e1voodoo47

665afdf46d163
definitely not flora though.
665afdf46d356
For a second I thought a naked midget woman had fallen asleep in the meat market.
Do you have bloom enabled? This meat seems to radiate white light.
665afdf46d545
Haha, yes i've got bloom turned up quite high.

Making some new biomaterial, just need to work out the shapes and textures, not too happy about this one yet though. Anyone got any ideas?

Some of the textures (first 3 has an alpha channel obviously): http://piclair.com/data/46ui0.jpg

I'm also doing a new sky box, seems like they were sloppy enough to not care if it was tiling or not, i guess the textures are of so low quality that they figured no one would notice.. just got to find the model so i can change it.

How it looks so far: http://piclair.com/data/qftkp.jpg 2048x2048 textures

« Last Edit: 27. September 2011, 14:15:40 by vurt »

665afdf46d5edvoodoo47

665afdf46d647
ohoo, the space looks really nice.
665afdf46d74e
You're doing an exceptional job there, vurt!

The goo textures are disgustingly good. :)
665afdf46d82f
Hi-Res space textures uploaded. Hope you like it.

665afdf46d900voodoo47

665afdf46d94d
looks fantastic. however, a small piece seems to be missing:

Image: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3214/missingp.jpg
665afdf46da56
That's the skyb texture, it should be there, it works for me.

It could be that they've been sloppy and just didnt apply it on this deck. On Hydroponics deck where i tested it it was seamless all around (found a bug that let me crawl out of a window into space so i could see the whole box)

665afdf46ddbavoodoo47

665afdf46de1a
they've been sloppy and just didnt apply it on this deck.
correct. sound like a job for ADAOB..
2 Guests are here.
All your time travel is behind you now...
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665afdf47137f