665b77c29d13b

665b77c29db5e
3 Guests are here.

Topic: [Obsolete] SS2 Vurt's Mods
Page: « 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 12 »
Read 75858 times  

665b77c29f867ZylonBane

665b77c29f8d4
It could be that they've been sloppy and just didnt apply it on this deck. On Hydroponics deck where i tested it it was seamless all around (found a bug that let me crawl out of a window into space so i could see the whole box)
Are you running the most current ADaOB? It should have fixed all those leaky windows. As for the skybox, it's impossible to specify a partial skybox in DromEd-- you give it the base texture name and the engine automatically generates all the face names from that.

Your new Many goo looks fantastic. Could you use a list of all the used goo models?
« Last Edit: 27. September 2011, 15:31:42 by ZylonBane »
665b77c29fc93
I'm using Secmod 2.8.

A list of the goo models could maybe come in handy. There are 3 main ones i believe goo, goo3 and goo4?

edit:
http://piclair.com/data/tewq8.jpg
http://piclair.com/data/1wuvm.jpg

I'm in a disgusting mood today.
« Last Edit: 16. June 2012, 08:41:40 by Kolya, Reason: attached pictures »

665b77c29ff4eXenoneo

665b77c29ffa2
Space looks fantastic. I'm guessing you did something to the window too, because I couldn't see as clearly outside before I installed the mod.  I also couldn't crawl outside before I installed it.  No clue how that all works, but I was using adaob when I tried it, it it's not related that you could crawl outside without adaob installed.

I reinstalled SS2 after not being able to run it anymore with a FM running in mod manager.  I needed to anyways because I overwrote root files with rebirth and shtup originally.  This time I put all that stuff in DataPermanentMods like I was supposed to.  I didn't have a Res folder in the root folder installing it this way however.  This could lead to some confusion with installation.

So for anyone installing manually, as it just flat out doesn't work with mod manager, since I installed shtup permanently, do this to make space and water mods work...
-Backup or delete the skyhw and waterhw folders inside the fam folder, which is inside DataPermanentMods.  (if you installed shtup permanently)
-Place the res folder in the root folder of sshock2. (make a res folder to put the ddfix folder inside of, if you are using older versions)
The pcx files in fam seem to pointing here to display the higher resolution files.

Just offering a little help since there's no how to .txt on here or in the zips. :)
I haven't encountered a mod before now that needed to reference a ddfix folder, so although I may be a minority in having problems figuring this out, hopefully this might help the equally clueless. :D

Looking forward to trying your goo mod, thief environment mod, and your ss2 clutter mod whenever those are released. ^^
You're doing an insanely great service for all of us that love these games.
My timing could not have been more perfect to revisit these classics.
665b77c2a00f2
Strange, I've tested all of your mods, and only one is working: the flora overhaul. I don't know what's wrong, I have these other mods: ADaOB, SHTUP, SHMUP, Tacticool, Where Am I? Extreme Retro Mod, Rebirth v2, DeepFriedBeer, Eldron PSI Amp, and some others. I also have DDfix in case you were wondering. The errors ingame are: the water disappears and there is no space out the window (just complete darkness).

I hope you can help me. Thanks again for this stunning work of yours  :)
665b77c2a02db
IGNA: If you're using a mod manager it could be the problem maybe? I don't use them myself, I find them confusing (what overrides what etc). Didn't like them for the new Fallouts either. It's either that or that the engine doesnt find the /ddfix folder, at least that's what im guessing. Maybe you need to specify it in ddfix.ini. I'm still really new to modding this game so i'm afraid i'm not of much help when it comes to the technincal stuff. Read the post by Xeno above yours..

Xeno: No i have not touched the windows, it only changes the 6 sky textures, that's all, i dont see how it could affect the window meshes at all, must be something else.

youtube vid of one of the new goo models: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZUzk0KlDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZUzk0KlDA
« Last Edit: 16. June 2012, 08:41:21 by Kolya, Reason: embedded video »
665b77c2a0460
Yes I've been using the Modmanager all along. Now i've tried placing the folders in SS2 root, and they worked, but with a lot of bugs (just explaining this for future updates for your mods): the flora overhaul worked very well, the water works but it disappears for less that a second, or it changes to the old water texture (for less that one second too). The sky worked too, but it overwrote some staircases textures and it has a conflict with the ADaOB Mod (reffering to some animated screens which change to the sky texture for less than a second too). Your work is really appreciated though.

Thanks again, and I hope you can fix this in future updates  :thumbwink:
665b77c2a0597
The water works for me without any bugs so that's on your end i'm afraid. Make sure you have removed all previous mods that changes water. If you're using a mod manager you can't use mods that has water textures in them, you've got to remove those manually.

The sky textures can't overwrite any other textures, it just contains the six sky textures, nothing else. DDfix and the override of pcx files is quite buggy sometimes, so the problem is rather that than my textures.

665b77c2a08d0voodoo47

665b77c2a0923
the water works but it disappears for less that a second, or it changes to the old water texture (for less that one second too).
seems like this is a conflict with SHTUP.

665b77c2a09e6ZylonBane

665b77c2a0a34
The new goo looks fantastic. Clearly an artistic departure from what Irrational had in mind, but impressive in its own way.
665b77c2a0b98
Glad you liked it. A side by side comparison, showing 3 of the models: http://piclair.com/data/53act.jpg

« Last Edit: 16. June 2012, 08:38:04 by Kolya, Reason: attached picture »

665b77c2a0ed2Xenoneo

665b77c2a0f25
seems like this is a conflict with SHTUP.

It is without a doubt a conflict with SHTUP.  Although SHTUP does not really modify the look of skyhw and waterhw, it does however have files which override the original textures with identical textures. 
I think maybe they were put in for reference to what would have been updated in the future but they never were.
If SHTUP is in mod manager it will conflict with the manually installed sky and water textures Vert made.
The only way to fix this problem is to first install SHTUP manually into DataPermanentMods, rename it's skyhw and waterhw files to something like bak_skyhw bak_water_hw (or delete them), then put in vert's fam files, and lastly putting the ddfix folder inside the res folder you made in the SS2 root folder.
In a nutshell, DO NOT use mod manager for SHTUP and vert's sky and water textures if you want them to be compatible.

665b77c2a0fffZylonBane

665b77c2a104c
Good lord.

EDIT: To clarify, nothing in SHTUP is just included for "reference". The skyboxes are completely different, and the water animation -- while using the original water texture as a starting point -- is also completely different.
« Last Edit: 29. September 2011, 14:39:54 by ZylonBane »
665b77c2a11dc
You could also simply delete the folders from a new SHTUP download:
shtup_beta6.7z\fam\skyhw
shtup_beta6.7z\fam\waterhw

Then register it in SS2MM.
665b77c2a1668
youtube vid of one of the new goo models: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZUzk0KlDA
A little bit too bulky in my opinion but absolutely disgusting. The pulsating flesh effect looks great.
665b77c2a1776
The first (blin.tga) texture was not the correct one (in 0.3). It's been fixed in 0.3c.

665b77c2a1845DMI-1407

665b77c2a188f
Hi

the hi res space mod dont work with my version(HOTU)
I have only a black skybox
I have patched the game with ss2toolv2.7 and have install the mod manager...
my resolution is 1152x864 and I have only the hi res space mod activated

but the Flora Overhaul mod works, the water mod ..dont know.
please help  :(

DMI-1407
665b77c2a198b
Current SS2Tool version is 3.5

Vurt, I would recommend to create separate threads for your mods. This one will get extremely unwieldy in a short time. Up to you of course.
665b77c2a1a92
Separate threads will easily add up to a lot of threads for my often quite tiny mods / tweaks. It's more convenient to check and maintain one thread. ...and it's not like there's a ton of people here writing anyways :)

665b77c2a1b54ZylonBane

665b77c2a1ba9
It's fine to have a general development/discussion thread, but for completed mods it's best for each to have their own thread so that vistors seeking mods can simply browse the thread titles. It's not an ideal system, but given the low volume of SS2 modding activity it works well enough.
665b77c2a1cd9
ok for the next updates i'll create new threads then, this could be a general thread for me to post my ideas, screens etc.

665b77c2a1f73Xenoneo

665b77c2a1fc6
Good lord.

EDIT: To clarify, nothing in SHTUP is just included for "reference". The skyboxes are completely different, and the water animation -- while using the original water texture as a starting point -- is also completely different.

My apologies ZylonBane.
Admittedly, I have only been playing SS2 with SHTUP always installed, since I started playing it again recently.
I was not aware of those changes since I didn't give myself the chance to compare it to the original.
You know what they say about assumptions. :D

Because of those changes, it's a bit tricky to get Vert's sky and water textures working.
Although I was wrong about why they were conflicting, Hopefully my explanation of how to get them working together will help someone.
« Last Edit: 30. September 2011, 04:33:41 by vurt »

665b77c2a22a8voodoo47

665b77c2a22fc
new plants, eggs and impact blood look great, but I can't help it, I still prefer the SHTUP goo and (wall/floor) blood splats.

Image: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6978/shtupblood.jpg

Image: http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2148/shtupgoo.jpg

being hires/hipoly is great, but the ability to fit into the surrounding is also important.

note: hope you won't take this as bashing or ungratefulness, that certainly is not what I had on mind-just a little bit of constructive criticism (I hope).
665b77c2a2457
These textures are all very good of course. So here are the minor nitpicks: The spilt coke looks way too glossy, more like a piece of gold foil actually. The dried blood is awesome, however the blood on impact - well I haven't seen the effect in game yet - but in the screenshot it looks like you're helping that hybrid with a pink jelly fish on his arm. It doesn't seem to splatter like blood does and it's too bright and glossy. For the new eggs the gloss is actually appropriate, makes them look really slimy and wet. Well done. :)
3 Guests are here.
Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b77c2a5958