6622c2d172c74

6622c2d17320b
1 Guest is here.

6622c2d173ccaRocketMan

6622c2d173d8a
Tags: °lulu °mesh °dml °SS2

This small mod basically uses Eldron's fine piece of work, midwife as a unique character for Nurse Bloome.  All other midwives will appear as they normally do (be it vanilla style, rebirth or otherwise).  This gives Bloome her own identity in a sense, which is reinforced by the fact that her stats have been uniquely modified as well. 

I recommend surprising yourself but if you like, the model used can be seen here:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125644

The changes in this mod will attach themselves at runtime to whatever mission file you have, whether it's the original hydro2.mis or the ADAOB version or some other version.  You need not replace any mission files.  Just use the modmanager like with any other mod.

I haven't tested it extensively so please report any bugs you encounter. 

Model and textures by Eldron.  I only got it working in-game. Attached screenshot NSFW.
« Last Edit: 15. September 2018, 23:53:45 by Moderator »

6622c2d173f0bSilver83

Re: Eldron's Midwife as Nurse Bloome - by RocketMan
6622c2d173f6b
Great. I'm playing System Shock 2 for the first time and just had my meeting with her.  Is it compatible with ADaoB? And by compatible I mean does your level file has all the fixes from ADaoB?
6622c2d174245
Will definitely try it for my next playthrough. Some screenshots would be nice, though.

6622c2d1744d5voodoo47

6622c2d17453a
Is it compatible with ADaoB?
no, unless he used the ADAOB level. a bit of patience - sent him a pm, I think I know how to make the mod universal.

6622c2d174622RocketMan

6622c2d174671
Sorry Voodoo, gotta correct you on that one.  The level is indeed an ADAOB level so it does include all the fixes!  Should have mentioned that though.  I believe it can be made universal.  I didn't have to create any new objects so all I did was alter the params of the chemroommidwife (I think that's what it's called).

6622c2d174716Silver83

6622c2d174762
I just tried it. Sadly it's giving me a black level. GUI is visible, the 3d environment is not. I used the MM.

6622c2d174809voodoo47

6622c2d174857
remember, you will have to use ADAOB as well, and start a new game (or load from a save made before you entered hydro for the first time).

or wait for the next version, which will not be map dependent.

6622c2d1748f3Silver83

6622c2d174941
I'm using ADaoB as well...but of course I didn't enter for the frist time :) I'll wait for the next version. Thx

6622c2d174a00RocketMan

6622c2d174a4c
Voodoo has a point.  I'll try to update the download with a DML version.  Now that we can do that, it should be less tempermental on any given setup since it only changes what it needs to.  Hang in there :)

6622c2d174b66RocketMan

6622c2d174bba
Ok, with a little help from Voodoo, I've got a new upload in the first post.  This uses a DML file to do the same thing as the mis file would have done except now it doesn't matter what .mis file you have or want to use, this will tack onto that.

Silver83: If you had ADAOB installed before you tried this mod, recommend going into your DataPermanentMods folder, deleting hydro2.mis (because that was part of the old bloome mod) and replacing it with the ADAOB version again.  Re-installing ADAOB alltogether will also fix this.  Once you have the original ADAOB mis file in that folder again, dump this new mod into your system shock root directory and it will automatically place the files where they need to go.  The DML will then apply itself to the ADAOB hydro2.mis file if you have installed ADAOB or to the original mis file in the root directory.
« Last Edit: 04. October 2012, 02:37:05 by RocketMan »

6622c2d174c68Silver83

6622c2d174cd8
Thanks for the explanation. Is it also possible to just use the Mod Manager. Until now I activated all my mods using the Mod Manager without having the "mod ready file structure" (I just recently discovered SS2Tool).
6622c2d174e81
Just noting here that I made the change to cam_mod.ini that allows DMLs to be loaded from DataPermanentMods only last night. Only someone who reinstalled since then will have it. Everyone else will have to change the last line in cam_mod.ini for this mod to work to:
Code: [Select]
mod_path DataPermanentMods+patch_ext

6622c2d174f5fSilver83

6622c2d174fb0
Hm...I have to ask again. There is a new dml file, which enables the new textures. But I already have a hydro2.mis.dml file im my game folder. So shouldn't i combine those two files?

Besides: Mod Manager seems to ignore the dml file and copying the files manually doesn't change anything. I know I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. All mods seem to be working just fine. Only this one and the new security door texture from Vurt won't appear...and I don't know why. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 04. October 2012, 10:03:20 by Silver83 »

6622c2d175114voodoo47

6622c2d175166
combining the dmls is not necessary, and can break things when done incorrectly. modmanager will not see the mod, this is normal, as it is meant to be installed manually (extracting the archive to the root folder should be all that is necessary). I have just tried it out, and it works - but remember, if you are loading from a previous hydro save, this will NOT work, you will either have to start a new game or use a save that has been made before you entered hydro for the first time.

to test whether the mod actually works, you can do following:
-edit cam.cfg, add first_level hydro2.mis
-start a new game
-you will be spawned on hydro, rush to Bloome, and see whether she uses the new model

note: I think the model is a bit smaller than it should be - maybe we could make her larger.

6622c2d17524bSilver83

6622c2d175298
Ok. I'll try that. Two things I'd like to mention:

First:
"Or change the file extension to .SS2MOD to use with the SS2 Modmanager." --> that should be changed then?

Second:
Let me get this straight: I then have two dml files called hydro2.mis.dml, one in the core directory and the other in permannet mods and they will complete each other? The first deals with relocating underwater plants, the latter with the new nurse model...

6622c2d17535bvoodoo47

6622c2d1753a9
first - do not change anything. extract the mod to your shock2 folder, overwrite, mod is installed.

second - yes, they will complete each other.

third - you should probably ditch the modmanager in the near future, and start using DataPermanentMods for the permanent graphics enhancements, and the built in FM selector for gameplay mods (ADAOB, Secmod etc).

6622c2d175435Silver83

6622c2d175482
Do you know a FAQ or sth like that about the FM selector?

6622c2d1755e2voodoo47

6622c2d175636
there is a pdf included in the newdark documentation. but to make it short:
-edit cam_mod.ini, remove the ; from the fm line
-create a FMs folder in your shock2 folder
-create an ADAOB folder inside the FMs folder
-extract ADAOB there (and go to obj, and delete Atek_H.bin if you want to use Tacticool)
-run the game, a (wild) FM select screen should appear
-launch the mod

just tried it (graphics enhancements and the bloome mod in the DataPermanentMods, ADAOB in the FMs folder), everything works nicely. and I also believe this (using DataPermanentMods for the permanent graphics enhancements, and the built in FM selector for gameplay mods) is probably the way to go.
« Last Edit: 04. October 2012, 12:12:57 by voodoo47 »

6622c2d1756d0Silver83

6622c2d175724
That's great. I'll try that.

6622c2d17581aSilver83

6622c2d17586b
Hm...I just tried the FM selector and I am not quite sure about it: It is definitely great for playing fan missions (which seems to be its primary purpose) but choosing mods? It seems you can only "play" one mod at a time.

And the thing about permanent mods: Mod Manger tells me exactly which mod overrides another mod. Doing it manually removes that information, let alone the more permanent solution this is.

But to be honest: As long as System SHock 2 has a rather limited selection of mods, this isn't really a problem I have to admit :D

6622c2d17594fRocketMan

6622c2d1759ba
Yeah I find that whenever I decide to play, it's not one of those marathons where I play it a billion times a billion different ways so I just make a new install and set it up how I like manually and I'm good to go.  That doens't mean we shouldn't strive for something better, but for now it's tolerable at least.

6622c2d175aa9mouth-breather

Re: SS2 Eldron's Midwife as Nurse Bloome - by RocketMan
6622c2d175afd
Apologies for bumping a topic that hasn't been replied to in a while, not sure if RocketMan even still browses, but:

Is it possible that this mod might be extended so it replaces all other instances of the Cyborg Midwife? As it seems this is the closest we have to a proper mod which rigs and uses the Eldron Midwife model.

6622c2d175beaRocketMan

6622c2d175c4f
It's definately possible.  If you replace the midwife archetype model with the one from this mod, all instances will be replaced, just as they are replaced in a mod like rebirth.  I have to admit it's not an immediate priority of mine as I'm working on a couple other things at the moment but eventually I can see a new midwife model replacing the rebirth one.
6622c2d176640
Apologies for bumping a topic that hasn't been replied to in a while, not sure if RocketMan even still browses, but:

Is it possible that this mod might be extended so it replaces all other instances of the Cyborg Midwife? As it seems this is the closest we have to a proper mod which rigs and uses the Eldron Midwife model.
Sure, just rename the bloom.*** files to fembot.*** and drop all files and folders into DataPermMods\mesh\, overwriting exisiting (Rebirth) files.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a ____ creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
You won't make me buy that
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6622c2d179a62