665af1211d74e

665af1211e20a
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Corncob3D ! Read 1278 times  

665af1211f12eRocketMan

665af1211f1a8
Time for me to make a contribution.  Here's my favourite little dos game from back in the day.  Introducing...

CORNCOB3D !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz3ifgF43dA

Yes, it may look like a really low quality attempt at a flight sim... AT FIRST. However, this little gem is so much more!  You can do just about anything in this game.  You've got flight instrumentation, red-outs, blackouts, guns, missiles, you can get out of your plane and walk around outside with a pistol and terrorist bomb, you can change planes, REMOTE CONTROL YOUR PLANE, eject with parachute, jump, call for a rescue van, drop bombs, fly through portals... I dunno if I can remember everything but there are several missions you can fly and you can choose which objectives to complete.  There's a realistic damage model that affects flight dynamics or you can toggle invincibility for more of an arcade feel.  The difficulty varies and you can deploy flaps and throttle!  Oh and there's a solid rocket booster on your plane that makes you go really fast!

This game is awesome.

Download
Run game by doubleclicking dosbox.exe
« Last Edit: 05. November 2012, 23:17:02 by Kolya »
665af1211f2ee
Let me guess: It's bloody difficult, right?  :headshot:

665af1211f3a5RocketMan

665af1211f3f2
The controls are easy... some of the missions are hard but the difficulty varies so you can find plenty of easy missions too.  One of the theatres is called "the milk runs" which by definition, is easy.
665af1211f5db
So I started up a mission and got chased around by Sputniks, shot down the UFO when I found my missiles and landed safely on my airstrip. I was awesome! And the debriefing screen suggested the same, until the last line: "This mission will not be recorded because an invulnerable plane was flown."  :stroke: :(
Nevertheless it was fun and surprisingly well documented for a game of its age, with a help screen explaining all the keys in game and even a low ground warning.

665af1211f6cfRocketMan

665af1211f72d
I should have mentioned for some reason it toggles invulnerability by default so you have to toggle it to disable it :(  You can always tell what mode you're in because the box in the top right will be grayed out if you're invulnerable.  Other than that it is quite detailed as you found out... Try the level where you have to land your plane on a landing strip IN MID AIR and then remote pilot a bunch of planes up there on that strip that need to be hijacked first XD

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you ____ a perfect, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
You've the floor, sir.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665af12120903