665c91e789a0d

665c91e78a40a
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Some newbie doubts about SS2
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 2397 times  

665c91e78a7d4Predator

665c91e78a83d
The only stat that I have up to 5 wasting points is Resistance; but in general, yes, it seems to expensive.

Now, I'm in the 5 level of the game. I'm not sure if I have understanded all the plot, because my listened english is not so good and then, the dialogues that are not writted are a Little dificult to me. Until now, I know that was SHODAN who revived me and she wants to get control over XERXES; but I didn't understant the hallucinations where you can see a soldier killing himself, or when you see an strange organic stance with eggs (I didn't understant what the voice was exactly telling).

And about the "worms" that are infecting the population of the spaceship, they arrived throug the artifact (SHODAN fragment) but they don't obey her, really? OK, but why they obey XERXES?

If some one could explain me a little more that point, withoit give me an spoiler of things that are going to come beyond the point where am I, I will be very grateful.

Thank you again. Greetings.
665c91e78aa9a
The soldier killing himself has no real meaning in the game. He is a "ghost" like the other transparent crew members you have seen.
Apart from SHODAN and Xerxes there is group on the ship that calls itself the Many. And the strange organic place with the eggs is the core (brain room) of the Many.

The Many represent biology and community in the game, while SHODAN represents technology and individuality. Both SHODAN and the Many are trying to get you on their side. That is why the Many showed you their brain room. However you can never actually choose which side to join. Despite all the choices you can make, the story of the game is predetermined and plays out by itself.

Since you are a human you are biological and have an interest in community but also in individuality and technology. Throughout the game you are the middle point between these extremes, represented by SHODAN and the Many. Which in games terms means: You have to kill them both.
665c91e78aed1
"Polito" tells you about the "ghosts" in an email on MedSci where she explains they are people's psionic residues picked up by your cybernetic system, whatever that is supposed to mean in actual science terms. The cutscene in Engineering is different from that, Kolya explained it.

The Many evolved from a batch of mutants Shodan developed on Citadel Station but act independently. Shodan tells you this in the reveal cutscene. They don't obey Xerxes, it's the other way round: The Many have control over almost all crew members, many of the VB technicians included, who hacked Xerxes so that it acts on behalf of the Many and its allies.

Edit: If you're done with the game, check the audiologs section:
https://www.systemshock.org/shocklogs/

It also includes the cutscenes and many of the audio quips you receive from the many. It's in chronological order.
« Last Edit: 16. June 2013, 10:58:07 by Marvin »

665c91e78b018Predator

665c91e78b062
Thank you very much, guys.

Yes, I know the ghost are a kind of remembers or residues, but I thought their dialogues could be important for the plot.

But the Many borns by the infection of the worms, really? So, that biological community is composed by all the infecteds (and that Brain)... but it seems to me that the Many talk you by XERXES, is not right? Some times XERXES talks you about the glory of the Many... or am I confusing the voices? And, if XERXES is not with the Many, why attacks you? And why the security cameras summon the infecteds to you?

Probably, all this things maybe obvius, but I think I'm missing one or two.

Thanks again, and thanks for the audiologs link.

665c91e78b1b8voodoo47

665c91e78b206
Xerxes has been reprogrammed by infected crewmembers to be even more annoying serve the will of the Many.

665c91e78b2b5Predator

665c91e78b307
OK, OK... I wasn't be sure if the Many hacked it or if something corrupted his system.

Thanks for the information.
1 Guest is here.
And good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck. I heard you needed some.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c91e78cbc2