6667df3a31ad7

6667df3a3210e
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 sound issue Read 2702 times  

6667df3a325c2
I just installed SS2 last night. It took a bit of doing; installed the official XP patch. Had to add safe_texture etc. to the shock.cfg file. Had to set the affinity to CPU 0. After that, it runs almost perfectly. Almost. The only issue that remains is the sound. The sound was fine at first, but after a while things started to go wrong. I can always hear the ambient background noise, and things like my footsteps, my wrench clanging on metal, gunshots, hybrids' voices, monkeys etc. but the email transmissions from whatshername and the audio logs on the discs are barely audible. Oh, and it also affects the beeps and boops of using the action key to examine things etc.

If I hit esc to exit out to the menu and then click Continue to go right back into the game, those barely audible sounds will suddenly be at full volume again and I can hear them fine. But as soon as the file finishes playing, those sound goes back down to a whisper.

I figured this must be a common bug with known fixes, but so far I haven't been able to find anything on it. I checked at the TTLG forum FAQ. Can anyone help? 

6667df3a32718MaususAtlas

6667df3a3278d
Hi,

I also had some sound problems with SS2 when I enable some eax effects with my system driver tools before launch the game. In fact, to avoid sound problem, I must desable eax effect in my system and in the option menu in the game. After these paramter chages, all is right. 8)

Otherwise, do not hesitate to update your sound drivers and do not change the default parameters about eax effects. :sly:

I hope my solution will help you. :proud:

Sincerely yours, Mausus Atlas.
6667df3a328d4
Thanks Mausus. Can you tell me more about disabling eax in my system and such? I'm not familiar with that at all.
6667df3a32b21
Druff, to enable/disable EAX go into the game's options -> audio.
What I would try first though, is to play with the volume control there. Don't set it to full volume, but slightly before full right.
If you can't change the EAX state (option greyed out) then that's a bug that can be fixed with the SS2Tool .

Finally, you've posted this thread to the SS2 file repository which is reserved for new uploads. I'm therefor moving the thread to General Discussion.
« Last Edit: 05. October 2008, 20:58:40 by Kolya »

6667df3a32c4cMaususAtlas

6667df3a32c9b
Hi,

If the sound problems continue, for the system eax parameter changes, you must have a look to your sound card documentation. Each sound card type have is own tools to modify its configuration, then you need to read your documentation ... :p

Otherwise, try your sound card official site for the last documentation and for a new sound card update drivers if necessary. 8)

Sincerely yours, Mausus Atlas.

6667df3a32d68sh0nuff

6667df3a32db6
A newbie guest here.. Im haviing spome problems with the sound too. However, I dont get ANY ingame sound at all, rxcept for the cutscenes, which sound great! Ive installed SHTUP, SS2Tools, and Rebirth, so the game looks great, but I still dont get any ingame sound.
6667df3a32ebd
If you downloaded the HOTU version you should check their readme.

6667df3a32f6fHrimgrimnir

6667df3a32fba
Hey, Im having problems with the (german) speech, it doesnt work everything else works (ambient/weaponsounds/movies/etc). I already disabled the hardware acceleration and checked with dxdiag but it still doesnt work. Any ideas?

6667df3a33168Hrimgrimnir

6667df3a331b4
Its installed and activated but still no speech..

I think I got it now, i extracted the Deutsch Patch.zip into the gamedir and now it works. Do I still need the mod to be activated?
« Last Edit: 11. September 2007, 20:03:28 by Hrimgrimnir »
1 Guest is here.
Hold the phone, they have dynamite!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6667df3a340f7