665b66e06fdab

665b66e070864
1 Guest is here.

665b66e070cb0Fironkkuify

665b66e070d13
This is very well-appreciated X3 It was really cool seeing my run listed here even though my run was technically the newest of them all (started in like October of last year).

Also, ShephardReborn is actually still doing his commentary, he's just been extremely busy.  So, it's still in progress.  Just the pace might be slow. -w-

And are you attempting to list all commentaries and runs ever made or just specific ones?  I think you're missing two.
« Last Edit: 09. June 2013, 00:58:08 by unn_atropos »
Re: Re: System shock 2 Speedrun/Let's play/playing with an arm tied to the back^^
665b66e070f05
Atropos pretty much stated that he's collecting all of them at the beginning.

665b66e070ffaFironkkuify

Re: Re: System shock 2 Speedrun/Let's play/playing with an arm tied to the back^^
665b66e071053
Ah right, sorry.

Well anyhow, I'm aware of two other commentaries; AlbedosRightHand and WalterREBorn.  I think Daniel was the first guy to make a complete SS2 commentary whereas Walter's on-hold atm.

665b66e07137aunn_atropos

665b66e0713cc
Thanks Fironkkuify, I added these two and a few more

killroy was here
« Last Edit: 14. November 2011, 20:42:29 by unn_atropos »

665b66e0714b0Fironkkuify

665b66e0714fc
It's odd ain't it?  I remember looking up System Shock 2 vids back around 2006 or 7, and there were only 11 videos at most.

Starting from 2008 and onwards, there are 100s of videos for SS2 and they keep coming.  Commentaries, demostration videos, reviews, etc.  Even System Shock 1 got some love and has a number of commentaries dedicated to it as well.  Pretty awesome I have to say X3
665b66e0715ea
A lot of buy-o-shock gamers ended up playing SS2 as well I guess.

665b66e07167cFironkkuify

665b66e0716ce
Bioshock 1 was disappointing to be honest.  Bioshock 2 had a little more uniqueness to it.

665b66e071811voodoo47

665b66e07185e
both games were fun. not mindblowing, not revolutionary, not scary, but fun. mindless. oh, and do not event try to think how the heck is a gene tonic allowing you to find more ammo (and similar).

665b66e071914Fironkkuify

665b66e07196d
There's a pretty decent limit to something that's fun though.  Eventually you get bored of it.  For it to be timeless, it needs to be more than just fun.  And that's where you have these gems of gaming come in -w-

665b66e071c72Acantophis3rD

665b66e071cc4
I already wrote a list like that down in a text file but lost track of it. And now I see that. :D Ha ha! @

Even System Shock 1 got some love and has a number of commentaries dedicated to it as well.  Pretty awesome I have to say X3

Yip, naco2k made the first for shock1: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8244EEA8422D6FFC
and I did the second guide for shock1: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F110558CED84CE3F

cool stuff! We need more System Shock 1 Love!

665b66e071d80unn_atropos

665b66e071dce
pfft
« Last Edit: 14. November 2011, 20:43:48 by unn_atropos »

665b66e071e7eFironkkuify

665b66e071ecf
I'm about to do a Co-op commentary soon.  I released Episode 0 which means I'll be getting around to posting Episode 1 soon (if my bro decides to get involved that is)

665b66e071f85unn_atropos

665b66e071fd5
 :P
« Last Edit: 14. November 2011, 20:44:09 by unn_atropos »

665b66e0720e2Fironkkuify

665b66e07212f
Thanks for the mention again.  Very well appreciated X3

665b66e0721bfLouis_BLOuis

665b66e072207
ZOMG I WAS MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO LIST!!!

665b66e072432Fironkkuify

665b66e072486
ZOMG I WAS MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO LIST!!!

Which one's urs?

665b66e0725a2faarwharbl

665b66e0725ef
It is nice to have an index of the upped material.

I was thinking of producing a strictly psi only run. With a few more limitations, but given that there are so many commentaries and  that Fironkkuify has done a psi only already I don't know if anyone would care to see it.

What do you think?

Only Psi related upgrades. That is Psi stat and psi skills. Nothing else outside mandatory training upgrades at game start.
No QBRD
No Photonic Redirection
Impossible difficulty
No Quicksaves

Anything else to make another commentary interesting?

665b66e07296cFironkkuify

665b66e0729c5
It is nice to have an index of the upped material.

I was thinking of producing a strictly psi only run. With a few more limitations, but given that there are so many commentaries and  that Fironkkuify has done a psi only already I don't know if anyone would care to see it.

What do you think?

Only Psi related upgrades. That is Psi stat and psi skills. Nothing else outside mandatory training upgrades at game start.
No QBRD
No Photonic Redirection
Impossible difficulty
No Quicksaves

Anything else to make another commentary interesting?

I only ever used the QBRD once while every other time I just reloaded a regular save if I screwed up (I was going for presentation of the story as it wasn't strictly about the run itself).  Never used quick saves or quick loads (had no idea how to use them, convietantly anyway -w-; )

Having no invisibility is definitely a possibility.

-

Judging by what you've written I believe you're going to do the following?

- Upgrades are strictly limited to psi-related skills (the PSI stat in Stats and all the psi powers.  No increasing endurance, strength, etc.)
- Impossible difficulty
- No Photonic Redirection
- No respawning (you'll use regular saves? )
- No quicksaves (for easily saving before a big situation)

I could think of a few challenges to add but there are runs of the game I don't think anyone's ever done.  Does a Psi run interest you?

665b66e072f0dfaarwharbl

665b66e072f5d
I only ever used the QBRD once while every other time I just reloaded a regular save if I screwed up (I was going for presentation of the story as it wasn't strictly about the run itself).  Never used quick saves or quick loads (had no idea how to use them, convietantly anyway -w-; )

Having no invisibility is definitely a possibility.

-

Judging by what you've written I believe you're going to do the following?

- Upgrades are strictly limited to psi-related skills (the PSI stat in Stats and all the psi powers.  No increasing endurance, strength, etc.)
- Impossible difficulty
- No Photonic Redirection
- No respawning (you'll use regular saves? )
- No quicksaves (for easily saving before a big situation)

I could think of a few challenges to add but there are runs of the game I don't think anyone's ever done.  Does a Psi run interest you?

This'll be a Psi skill only run so I'd say they are interesting :D

What you've listed there sounds right so far, I'll clarify no research 'cept for toxin A no sequence breaking for example using codes before they can be gotten I intend on dealing with most areas even if they aren't mandatory. How I'd save would depend on how I edit the footage I figure hard save either immediately before entering a bulkhead or immediately after it i.e. at autosave. Doing this run single segment wouldn't work.

I'd like to hear any suggestions for further limitations/challenges anyone would like to see. Also how to limit the posting benefits (O.S.A. gives a +1 strength and agility [cyber doesn't matter as there will be no use of tech] which can't be avoided. Selecting Marines or Navy though would make the early game a tedious run around getting modules and give +2 bonuses to some stats. I am considering no armour (I'd only have access to light armour and haz mat but if it's possible none at all might be interesting) thoughts on no implants (labassistant for toxin A exception) psiboost would be missed but is for convenience rather than necessity I think.

Should I do this it'll focus more on the run because I don't have anything new to say about the game save for my opinions and interpretations for what they are worth, especially given how much detail others like Firion have gone into from the bits I have seen.
665b66e073323
Can't help but feel there's some sort of competition going on here since you want to do the same run as me but with even greater challenges -w-;
665b66e0735c9
It's on! :hardcore:

665b66e073784Fironkkuify

665b66e0737d3

665b66e0739d0faarwharbl

665b66e073a1f
Can't help but feel there's some sort of competition going on here since you want to do the same run as me but with even greater challenges -w-;

Not at all, challenge runs are about seeing what is possible in the game they are not about the people doing them. That is how I interpret the idea. Take for example the Alginon Run in Deus Ex, solo White Mage challenge in Final Fantasy, Fresh Level Die KMS in God Hand or Excalibur II perfect games in FFIX. New limitations on play style are also a way of keeping a game fresh and fun to play.

HAHA Kolya.

665b66e073cc5Fironkkuify

665b66e073d24
Not at all, challenge runs are about seeing what is possible in the game they are not about the people doing them. That is how I interpret the idea. Take for example the Alginon Run in Deus Ex, solo White Mage challenge in Final Fantasy, Fresh Level Die KMS in God Hand or Excalibur II perfect games in FFIX. New limitations on play style are also a way of keeping a game fresh and fun to play.

HAHA Kolya.

I guess I just have a bit of pride in my own run, though I don't mind if someone else tries their hand at it to push the limits even further.
1 Guest is here.
If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b66e077197