662a8866e3630

662a8866e3b1c
1 Guest is here.

Topic: ShockEd Basic Toolkit 1.13 Read 18052 times  

662a8866e4f58antimatter_16

662a8866e4fc9
Presenting The ShockEd Basic Toolkit 1.13

ShockEd Basic is based on the ShockEd Toolkit 1.3.1 by Nameless Voice and has been released with permission.

ShockEd Basic was originally created to be a Basic Toolkit for the original version of Thief1 DromEd. However, the project ballooned to include Thief1, Gold, and Thief2, as well as Newdark. Support for ShockEd was also added, and is available in its own standalone download. New functionality and support for Newdark has been added for Shocked 2.12, and Newdark ShockEd. Despite its name, DromEd "Basic" is quite advanced, and includes new features, has had bugs fixed, and usability improved through the streamlining of its menus and easier installation with Newdark.

Download
Current Beta - Released 2019-07-21:
DromEd Basic 1.14 (Beta4) - Mediafire
ShockEd Basic 1.14 (Beta4) - Mediafire

Past Versions
DromEd Basic 1.13 - Mediafire
ShockEd Basic 1.13 - Mediafire
DromEd Basic 1.11 - Mediafire
ShockEd Basic 1.11 - Mediafire
DromEd Basic 1.10 - Mediafire
ShockEd Basic 1.10 - Mediafire
DromEd Basic 1.09 - Mediafire
ShockEd Basic 1.09 -Mediafire
DromEd Basic 1.08 - Mediafire
ShockEd Basic 1.08 - Mediafire

Get latest Newdark here

Features:
  • Unified Newdark Dromed Menus for Thief1, Thief Gold, Thief2 and ShockEd.
  • Support for ALL versions of Dromed & ShockEd, Newdark AND OldDark, and streamlined installation via file replacements included in .\Tools\. ShockEd support is available through its own standalone download.
  • Several menu and binding bugs have been fixed, including the Alt+E edit_mode bug that prevented users from exiting game mode.
  • Menus have been streamlined through removing duplicate menu options, grouping similar commands together, and expanding menus.
  • All .cmds files have been moved to .\Cmds\ and no longer clutter your root SS2 directory
  • Useful original commands have been added to the menus, as well as input through dialog boxes for command such as loading savegames, running custom .cmds files (such as those created by the Thief Objective Wizard), and the creation and editing of Quest Variables, among others.
  • The EAX menus have been streamlined significantly. Previously unlisted EAX types are now listed, with their DromEd names, Official Names, and EAX index number. The "eax_set_archetype" command has been added as well so you can easily set eax values for sets of rooms based on their room archetype.
  • Newdark menu options have been added for Newdark features, such as Loading DML files, exporting the Worldrep as an object, setting background images for use as blueprints and guides, displaying Object Vhots, Loading multibrush .vbr files with their associated textures, reconstructing lights, and rooms on stripped missions, setting increased lightmap resolution, increasing the world size, the ability to highlight rooms by their archetype and the new "Build" dialog.
  • Includes all utilities included in The ShockEd Toolkit by Nameless Voice
  • A document that lists all the menu commands and describes their uses, found at .\Docs\DromEd Basic Menus Explained.rtf
  • Many other little goodies here and there

Installation
System Shock 2 with Newdark
1. Install System Shock 2 and patch it to its latest version (2.3)
2. Install Newdark + Newdark Dromed. If installing with SS2 Tool, you'll still need to install Newdark ShockEd by extracting editor.zip (found in the newdark package, ss2_v243.zip) to your root SS2 directory.
3. Decompress this toolkit to your root SS2 directory. Overwrite any files when prompted.

System Shock 2 without Newdark
1. Install System Shock 2 and patch it to its latest version (2.3)
2. Decompress this toolkit to your root SS2 directory. Overwrite any files
when prompted.
3. Copy the contents of .\SShock2\Tools\ShockEd 2.12 to .\SShock2

Changelog
Added "Particle Color Palette.jpg" to docs
Added "Draw Link type..." and "Hide Link type..." to Show/Hide submenu
Added New EAX values (22-25) to EAX menu
Added "Reorder Scripts..." to Script submenu

Updated 3ds to bin application
Updated DEOCI to 1.41
Added "Runtimes" directory containing *.ocx files required for 3ds to bin, Thief Objective
wizard, and monolog viewer and installation instructions

Added disabled window resolutions for DromEd in User.cfg for easy setup.
Added "redraw_always" to olddark startup.cmd
Added "Toggle_book_autoreload" to startup.cmd
Added EditMode.cmd
Added EditModeAtPlr.cmd
Changed "Parameters"->"Variables" in Editors Menu to reflect the actual window title
Listed keyboard shortcuts for a number of menu options
Added "Camera to" submenu to View menu
Added "AI Cell" to "Camera to" submenu
Added "Object" to "Camera to" submenu
Renamed "Show" submenu in "View" to "Show/Hide"
Added "Objects" to "Show/Hide" submenu
Added "Creature Joints" to Show/Hide menu
Reorganized Hilight Menu
Added "Add Hilighted to Group" to Hilight menu
Added "Hilight Non-Axial" to Hilight menu
Merged Show "Non-Hilighted" and "Hide Non-hilighted" into "Toggle Hilighted Only"
Added Quick Link submenu to Tools menu, moved Link group items into it
Added Link Group Contains,TPath,TPathInit,DetailAttachement to quicklink menu
Added "Set Animlight cutoff" to Extra Menu
Added "Set Lightmap Parameters" to Extra Menu
Changed F1, now opens command help dialog, instead of printing all commands
Added Alt+R Returns camera to edit mode at player position
Added Ctrl+I Spews info on selected brush to mono
Added ';' deviously selects the default face of the currently selected brush
Fixed Home binding to teleport to 0,0,0 as intended
Added Shift+U selects active meonly area brush
Added Shift+O toggle object rendering
Added Shift+F1-F7: Filter Terrain, Light, Area, Room, Object, Flow, or None
Added F9, 10 Play/Halt All Schemas
Changed Ctrl+Alt+<#> to scale player speed to more usable levels
Added Wall and Ceil object bindings to Shift+W, and Shift+C, respectively
Replaced a few non-existent commands with correct ones (Draw Path Cells->AI_Draw_cells,
Draw_AIs->AI_draw, draw_path_cell_links->AI_Draw_links, path_test->AI_Test_Cells,
draw_move_suggestions->ai_draw_suggestsions)
A few other fixes and enhancements

Added "Open Template" menu option that opens .\levels\template.mis
"Set GameSys..." now properly shows a file browser, instead of a dialog box
"Drop Script..." now properly shows the drop script box instead of a dialog box
Added disabled menu options for loading NVScript, VK's Script, and tnhscript
Added disabled menu options for loading NVDebug, and playtesting difficulty
Added disabled option in startup.cmd to load levels\template.mis on start
Improved several dialog box defaults
Removed some Newdark only commands from the OldDark ShockEd menus
Added updated Thieffont tool 1.2 by Telliamed
Added Dark Engine Object Converter Interface 1.3.2 by R Soul
Added an updated version of BintoE.exe. Old version renamed to "BintoE-old.exe
General nitpicking

Added the "Recent Files" menu option to the Newdark menus

Initial Release

[Disclaimer]
System Shock 2, ShockEd and everything else is the property of their respective owners.
USE THIS PACKAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Known Bugs
None currently, please report any you find. However, after using "Alt+R" to return to EditMode at the camera position, Alt+E may start to return to EditMode at the camera position as well. This is due to the user.bnd file superseding default.bnd for Alt+E. Search user.bnd for "bind e+alt edit_mode" and replace the line with:
Code: [Select]
bind e+alt "run .\cmds\EditMode.cmd"
Disclaimer
Thief, DromEd, System Shock2, ShockEd and everything else is the property of their respective owners.
USE THIS PACKAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Special Thanks
Nameless Voice, and all others involved in the creation of the Original DromEd Toolkit
« Last Edit: 21. July 2019, 23:09:47 by antimatter_16 »

662a8866e50e7StaticZ

Re: ShockEd Basic Toolkit 1.08
662a8866e513f
Thanks for release. Is it hooking?

PS Fix links in 1st post.
662a8866e5395
Might I suggest to attach the files to the post instead of using mediafire? We collect this kind of stuff... :)

Also has this been tested with a standard SS2Tool installation? In that case it might be worthwhile to refer to that instead of linking an external NewDark download (which we also have here), because that's what most people here will have.

662a8866e54bbantimatter_16

662a8866e551c
I've attached the files to the post, but I've left the links to mediafire.
@StaticZ were you having trouble with the links? They always worked fine for me.

ShockEd basic does work with an SSTool installation, however because SS2Tool does not install ShockEd, you'll need to do that after installing SS2Tool, then extract ShockEd basic, overwriting any files when prompted. I updated the installation notes to make note of this.

Though, if you wanted, feel free to integrate ShockEd Basic into SS2Tool.

[Edit]
It's just come to my attention that I accidentally removed the "Recent Files" menu option from the newdark menu. I'll update and release a new version today.
« Last Edit: 09. June 2013, 17:27:47 by antimatter_16 »

662a8866e57f0StaticZ

662a8866e5845
@StaticZ were you having trouble with the links? They always worked fine for me.
Now they work fine, but when i write post they open smth like %20http\\URL"

What is MOTTABLE.dll? Hook for editor?

662a8866e5906antimatter_16

662a8866e5953
I believe mottable stands for motion table. It's included in the original ShockEd. I don't think it's actually used for anything, and is a leftover from LGS/Irrational's motion editor that was never released to the public. However, given my experience with editing motions is non-existent, I wasn't about the remove it. =)

662a8866e59eaStaticZ

662a8866e5a36
Simply I don't have this file. Ok than as i anderstand this toolkit don't modify any code of editor?

662a8866e5af7antimatter_16

Re: ShockEd Basic Toolkit 1.09
662a8866e5b4c
No. The major features are listed in the OP. The 2.12 version of dromed that is included in .\tools\ShockEd 2.12\ is the same as the one in the ShockEd toolkit, which I understand has some user-made patches applied to it, but that only fix some bugs. The Newdark ShockEd executable wasn't included so this package wouldn't have to be updated if there's another newdark update. *Crosses fingers*
662a8866e5e55
I've attached the files to the post, but I've left the links to mediafire.

ShockEd basic does work with an SSTool installation, however because SS2Tool does not install ShockEd, you'll need to do that after installing SS2Tool, then extract ShockEd basic, overwriting any files when prompted. I updated the installation notes to make note of this.

Though, if you wanted, feel free to integrate ShockEd Basic into SS2Tool.

Thanks for everything, the testing, the file attachments and the permission to integrate it into SS2Tool. :) Actually I had written an optional shocked installation into SS2Tool long ago, but for several reasons never put it in the release. Now it's on the list.

662a8866e5f32antimatter_16

662a8866e5f86
Awesome to hear! Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Off the top of my head, one thing of note, is that because all of the *.cmd files have been moved to the .\Cmds\ directory, you'll want to be sure you use the DromEd basic version of DromEd.cfg, not the newdark DromEd.cfg, because it calls the "startup.cmd" file.
662a8866e6082
As I understand it I would take the NewDark shocked package and overwrite it with yours. Then I'll drop that mixture into a fully patched SS2 game. DromEd.cfg should be the correct version then.
Acknowledged by: antimatter_16

662a8866e613eantimatter_16

662a8866e6190
I'll be putting out a new version in the next few days. I've been getting some feedback and requests in the DromEd Basic thread on TEG.

662a8866e6291antimatter_16

Re: ShockEd Basic Toolkit 1.10
662a8866e62df
Updated to 1.10. Changes are listed in the OP.

662a8866e63feZylonBane

662a8866e6453
There seems to be a significant bug in the most recent version of BinToE. In the PARTS section of the E files it generates, the material indexes are zero-based. They should be one-based, as they are in the MATERIALS section.

662a8866e6502Yankee Clipper

662a8866e6553
Now that there is a new NewDark, which Menus.cfg and DromEd.cfg files should be used? The ones that are in the ShockEd 1.10 package or the ones in NewDark 2.43?
662a8866e666b
Apparently antimatter is testing a new beta over at TTLG.

662a8866e699dantimatter_16

662a8866e69f9
Now that there is a new NewDark, which Menus.cfg and DromEd.cfg files should be used? The ones that are in the ShockEd 1.10 package or the ones in NewDark 2.43?

The menus included in the Newdark package are based on the Original DromEd/Shocked Toolkit by Nameless voice. Le Corbeau seems to have modified them to include the new lighting depths (16 Bit, 32 Bit, and 32x Bit) and the "recent files" menu, but I don't think there is any difference beyond that. The "DromEd/ShockEd Basic Toolkit" includes MANY more enhancements and fixes a number of bugs, and thus supercedes the old "DromEd/Shocked Toolkit", and the menus included in Newdark.

Also, as Koyla mentioned, I AM testing a new version of the toolkit on TTLG. Feedback and testing is welcome and encouraged. Actually, let's just make it mandatory. Report to Ops.

662a8866e6ad5Vaxquis

662a8866e6b26
"File Blocked for Violation.

The file you requested has been blocked for a violation of our Terms of Service. " for ShockEd 1.10; can somebody please either re-upload it or provide it directly on systemshock.org?
662a8866e6c34
I can download them all just fine...
Wait, you're trying to get an old version. Go here.

662a8866e6d2cYankee Clipper

662a8866e6d80
Using the latest SS2Tool_v5.1, the output to the log file, ss2tool.log, contains the following:

Code: [Select]
Installing NewDark 2.42
Execute: 7za.exe x -y newdark.7z
Delete file: System Shock 2\newdark.7z
Delete file: System Shock 2\7za.exe
Delete file: System Shock 2\LGVID.AX
NewDark 2.42 is installed

When I check doc\release_notes.txt, it says "System Shock 2 v2.43 update", so it looks like it is installing the latest NewDark, but is still listing the previous version in the log file.

I originally put this here, but then I figured it would be better in the SS2Tool thread, so I deleted it from here. But, that thread is locked, so back here it goes.

662a8866e6ea1voodoo47

662a8866e6eee
yes, the tool still uses the old descriptions, but the files are up to date. will be remedied once the new version of the tool is out.
662a8866e6ff6
When I wrote SS2Tool 5.1 I didn't know yet that there would be another version of New Dark. I made ND a downloadable resource so I could fix/adjust things if I had blundered sth. This turned out handy now with the ND update. But the strings cannot be changed because they are written into the tool.

662a8866e708bantimatter_16

662a8866e70dd
ShockEd Basic 1.11 officially released! Get it in the OP.

662a8866e71c7Yankee Clipper

Re: ShockEd Basic Toolkit 1.11
662a8866e7220
The link is slightly malformed.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

What does the U.N.N start with?:
1 Guest is here.
But add zombies into your game and suddenly you’re looking at 4.5 percent of Japanese players, even before proper localization!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662a8866ea779