66457a7426276

66457a74267a7
1 Guest is here.

66457a7426e85
A couple of weeks back I lost my Kindle (or it was nicked, but I think I left it on the train) so I bought a tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7") to use as an e-reader, and it's great but I'm not too keen on the comic book readers I've tried so far, as they all suffer from one flaw or another. What I want in an ebook reader is

- files sorted by folder, or rather not sorted at all, you just browse to the folder you want, and open a file, like in PC programs. Some of the readers I've tried on the tablet scan the entire memory card and present you with the hundred of comics all in one menu, which I don't want, but for some programs this is the only way they work.

- the ability to bookmark every comic you open, preferably automatically (so that when you exit a comic or the comic book reader itself then the last page viewed is stored as a bookmark).

- the ability to view the comics in landscape viewing mode, and also zoom in if necessary (my eyesight isn't great, and some of the older scans are fairly low quality, especially early Spiderman)

The ability to read all formats (.cbr/.cbz/.pdf/.jpg/.jpeg/whatever) would be great too, but I suppose I could batch convert the files if I had to (.cbr and .cbz files are actually just .rar and .zip files respectively, with their extensions changed).

Thanks for any suggestions and advice. And if any Android specific knowledge is required then please assume I know nothing (as those who know me will testify!), and I take it any readers anyone suggests can be downloaded from the Play store?
66457a7427097
Komik Reader and A Comic Viewer (previously Droid Comic Viewer) both look pretty good. I'd probably test Komik first.
Note that I'm going by a bit of web research here. I haven't tried either, as my screen is simply too small for comic reading to be any fun.
Both can read CBZ/CBR archives and Komik has bookmarking and landscape mode.
« Last Edit: 19. June 2013, 23:55:33 by Kolya »
66457a742752e
I also don't read comics on my android device because the screen is too small.
But my favorite reader for PC also features android.
There is a free and a paid version, only difference seems to be ads.
http://comicrack.cyolito.com/
66457a7427678
Thanks for the suggestions, but out of all the ones I tried, I think I'll stick with Perfect Viewer, as it does what I want.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rookiestudio.perfectviewer&feature=related_apps

66457a7427781Student

66457a74277ce
Not sure if you still search a comics reader ...
I discovered Challenger Comics Viewer few weeks ago. It matchs all your points and it have 2 display mode (a classic one and a scrolling one). The scrolling display mode is very very interessting because you can read your comics just by scrolling, like an infinite page list.  :thumb: It's very addictive and so simple.
You can find it on the android market: http://market.android.com/details?id=org.kill.geek.bdviewer
66457a7427959
Thanks mate! I'll have a look at it.

On topic (sort of), I love using the tablet for ebooks and comics, but I just can't get used to playing games on it, as no matter how I try, I just can't get used to playing games via touch screen. I just don't like touch screen controls for real time functions (such as game-play). I know you can use a joypad with a tablet, but then you have to prop up the tablet somehow as you can't hold it and the joypad at the same time, and if you had somewhere to conveniently prop the tablet up then you could use a laptop instead - you use a tablet because you need something small enough to be held (i.e when you're on a train going to/from work), so a joypad isn't a practical option, at least not unless it's built into the tablet, which is coming, but so far they're too expensive. Competition will drive the prices down though, and the quality up, though, so there is hope!

(sorry for the moan, it's been a long day, and I'm trying to force myself to type up a boring report...)
« Last Edit: 27. August 2013, 23:54:39 by JDoran »

66457a7427a64Kshatrk

66457a7427ab8
I found this great article that you should definitely check out. It includes all awesome comic book apps on google play ranging from indie comics, manga, webcomics, foreign comics, and your usual dc, marvel etc. for phones and tablets.

http://www.dominantwire.com/2013/10/top-15-ultimate-comic-book-android-apps.html

Hope this helps :)
1 Guest is here.
Even if The Many knew he was there, it had higher priority concerns to deal with.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66457a74283a6