665d03aba85c4
4 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Pop's Difficulty and Enhancement Mod
Page: « 1 [2] 3 ... 6 »
Read 85907 times  

665d03aba8b78johnnythewolf

665d03aba8be4
Oh yeah...

But even with a smiley, I'm never sure if someone is earnest or not... I encountered many idiots (not talking about you, jonas) who were using smileys like punctuation, whether they were sarcastic or not.

665d03aba8cb6sgt.jonas grant

665d03aba8d11
well, with godmod on, take a wrench, go in a room full of rumbler, and even this is gonna be easy :)
665d03aba8ef8
Well yeah. But godmode isn't part of this mod.

665d03aba8f94sgt.jonas grant

665d03aba8fc4
oh, ok, i'll try to make myself more clear in the future then

edit: why the heck did i told this?
« Last Edit: 14. October 2007, 02:03:37 by sgt.jonas grant »

665d03aba916b10111010

665d03aba91bb
I think this mod is great fun... a little to hard though for my tastes. What i would give for only the blood and bullethole effects, that would be awsome.
665d03aba92fd
I can't seem to get this mod properly installed. The gameplay is fine - enemies harder, cameras indestructible and go off faster, upgrades are more expensive and all of the other stuff works fine - but the text and icons for all of the psi powers remain the same, so cryokinesis is actually psi strength and localised pyrokinesis is actually transmutation and so on. The same goes for the O/S upgrades but that's not so much of an issue. I've tried deactivating all other mods and I've tried it with and without mod manager but nothing seems to work :(

665d03aba938ajohnnythewolf

665d03aba93d9
Jeez, is this mod discontinued or what? It's been months since the last update.

665d03aba94d9Populism

665d03aba9530
Sorry bout the long wait...I've got my old hard drive...and installed it in a new p.c. I have today off and will work on the new version with a couple of changes...but it's been a long time since I've messed with these files and apps, so I am unsure as to what I'm doing exactly. If all goes well you should have it sometime today...though it won't be tested much.

I need to go over what Miracle was saying about breaking the weapon draw animations and bashing dmg to see what I can do about that, other than that it should be straight forward...surprised no one has done it themselves.

Edit: New version is done...Hope you like it
« Last Edit: 05. December 2007, 21:26:37 by Populism »

665d03aba9650johnnythewolf

665d03aba969e
Time to reinstall SS2, hehe...  :thumbwink:

I'm gonna try this mod asap. Looks already much better!

EDIT: Okay, there are still a few minor bugs around. For example, in Sci sector, I had a brawn boost implant equiped, but as soon as I arrived in Med, it was gone from my inventory, although the strength bonus is still visible in the MFD. As a Navy, I also got a free research bonus skill point.
And is it normal if the upgrade costs are the same on every skill level?

Oh and it seems the cameras are still capable of hearing, because, even after hacking security, I managed to trigger an alarm by hitting an hybrid with my wrench.

Otherwise, the mod is great and very fun. Good work!
« Last Edit: 08. December 2007, 15:58:30 by johnnythewolf »

665d03aba9742johnnythewolf

665d03aba9793
I also noticed that hacking cameras doesn't neutralize them permanently, like in Flatliner's mod. Is it to avoid a bug?

665d03aba98b5Populism

665d03aba9906
Thanks Johnny I appreciate your efforts, Keep the info coming as you progress through the game.....maybe you'll be the first to get all the way through it. I'm curious to know how each character type fairs in the later levels.

P.s Sorry it took so long for the update....I'm just working alot and by the time I get home and do what I need to do it's almost time for bed, so it was hard getting the motivation to patch the mod, and no to the camera question..I just didn't want any way to premanently shut down security.

I'mma try and get some screenies up for the gore part of the mod soon, oh and if you haven't tried it yet..summon up a grenade launcher and try out the different ammo types on the grunts and what not...have fun.

665d03aba9a2djohnnythewolf

665d03aba9a86
I see. So, there is really no way to desactivate camera hearing for now? It's my only real concern for now.

As for the grenade launcher, I've located one but I'm keeping my CMs for better use... at least, for now! Gotta get past Engineering first, then I'll give it a shot, litteraly!

665d03aba9b47Populism

665d03aba9b96
No the camera's can't hear now...not sure why that would be, I'll have another look. In the little testing I did (all on med sci) I used the wrench and pistol near cameras and on grunts...I got no reaction from them.

665d03aba9c69johnnythewolf

665d03aba9cb6
Hmm, I'm not sure about this. I'm on Eng now and indeed cameras don't react to noises... although they seem to turn to yellow status if you start firing around them.

But I might actually know why some cameras are noise-sensitive and some don't: I'm playing with Zygo's randomizer and, as you know, some cameras are set at different places in levels than in vanilla game. I'm pretty sure all the triggered alarms were caused by those.

665d03aba9d72Populism

665d03aba9dc0
Yeah that might be it.....they turn yellow if they notice damage or see the projectiles. I have a much bigger problem now though....I can't find my ss2 game disc anywhere....my question now is....is it possible to buy this game still?

665d03abaa130johnnythewolf

665d03abaa18d
Yeah that might be it.....they turn yellow if they notice damage or see the projectiles. I have a much bigger problem now though....I can't find my ss2 game disc anywhere....my question now is....is it possible to buy this game still?

Do you still have the game installed? You could use a crack or even better Kolya's SS2 tools to disable the CD-check.

After all, if you owned the game, I think you have the right to crack it.

665d03abaa273Populism

665d03abaa2c3
I need the disc...ack! Thought I had it when I did the patch, now I'm not sure. They don't make SS2 anymore right? I might have left it when I moved out here....could have swore I seen it when I recieved my games and what not. Hope I find it.

Edit: I have the game on another hard drive..can I just burn the files to a cd and use it that way?
665d03abaa3af
When you copy them off the CD again all files might be write protected, otherwise it should work.

665d03abaa44cjohnnythewolf

665d03abaa497
Just wondering: did you fix (or "have you fixed"?) the issue with hacked turrets and bots that shoot at cameras?

665d03abaa54cPopulism

665d03abaa59c
Thanks Koyla, I'll try that if I can't find another option.

No Johnny there's no way to fix that without altering a whole bunch of stuff

BTW I found new copies of SS2 on Amazon.com there selling for 65 to 95 dollars

665d03abaa816Rainalkar

665d03abaa867
I'm playing your mod on impossible, so far have passed Hydro, write you soon. You have some brilliant ideas, yet some things really need to be remedied asap.

665d03abaab4fjohnnythewolf

665d03abaabc0
I'm playing your mod on impossible, so far have passed Hydro, write you soon. You have some brilliant ideas, yet some things really need to be remedied asap.

Either you're really really good at SS2 or you're truly a masochist.

I mean, you're playing this mod... on IMPOSSIBLE?!?

665d03abab00aAssassin

665d03abab062

Either you're really really good at SS2 or you're truly a masochist.

I mean, you're playing this mod... on IMPOSSIBLE?!?

It is nearly immposible to pass some things at engineering at hard.On impossible difficulty this mod would reach the most sadistic mod:Half-Quake

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, _____ machine? (Fill in the missing word):
4 Guests are here.
If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665d03ababead