66234d5a08560

66234d5a08930
1 Guest is here.

66234d5a08ffc
Instructions
  • Create a folder named SHVOTBA on your desktop
  • Copy the folder HULKDATA from the CD (or ISO) into the SHVOTBA folder on your desktop
  • Extract the archive attached to this post into SHVOTBA
  • Run HULKSET.EXE to adjust maximum resolution, difficulty and keyboard shortcuts
  • Run HULKW95.EXE to play the game

You now have a portable game of "Space Hulk - Vengeance of the Blood Angels". So you can move the SHVOTBA folder anywhere you like, eg into C:/games/. However avoid placing it in PROGRAM FILES because Windows protection won't allow the game to write data to it's own folder there.
The game may still occasionally crash, but it's very rare compared to what it used to be. Just remember to save your campaign progress. Do not to use Windows compatibility settings on HULKW95.exe.

Also attached is the English manual, which is useful reading if you're playing the game for the first time.

About this patch
The DDRAW wrapper used in this patch was written by aqrit and modified by Slayer_X64 for Diablo. The files DPLAY.DLL, HULKSET.EXE, HULKW95.EXE can all be found in your own HULKDATA folder. They're included here to keep this guide short and convenient.
Related thread on vogons.org.
« Last Edit: 04. June 2015, 09:41:42 by Kolya »

66234d5a09100Brigand

66234d5a0914f
Thanks! This has fixed several other annoyances, including the odd colours and the audio cutting-out.
66234d5a09271
Hi,

I am trying to get this game work on Win 10, unfortunately it won't run... Could it be necessary to do a little fix on the wrapper or should it still work like explained for Win7? It would be so great to play this one again - I hope you have some hint for me...

Thank you in advance!
Nic
66234d5a093e8
Nope, no idea. Stopped working. Well that's a fucking shame.

EDIT: I think the best bet on Windows 10 is to use a virtual machine.
An VMWare image of Windows 95 can be downloaded here: https://winworldpc.com/product/windows-95
The VMWare Player can be downloaded here for example: http://vmware-player.en.softonic.com/
« Last Edit: 07. November 2015, 16:34:22 by Kolya »
66234d5a094d6
Would have been neat, IF IT ACTUALLY WORKED.
66234d5a095b5
It needs to be on max resolution, or else it doesn't do anything.
66234d5a096ca
I understand it can be frustrating to get an old game to work.
But it does work on Windows 7, as the thread title says. And the instructions also say to adjust for maximum resolution.

66234d5a097d0
Alright, got it to work, though the crashing after so many minutes of playtime is getting a bit old. Like, every single time I play, it happens. Hard to enjoy when it keeps crashing mid-game. :/
66234d5a09908
Hi All

I had to register and post after I spent the last couple hours trying to get this game work:

Eventually what I did was install an Windows XP Virtual machine on my windows 10 pc. I then ran copied/loaded the game into the virtual machine (i had it loaded as a virtual CD drive). Did the steps outlined above to apply the patch. Works great! Not crashed yet (15mins of play).

Obviously the hassle is installing a Virtual machine!

Note you still need the patch on the virtual machine..

So thanks for the patch!

Acknowledged by: Kolya

66234d5a09994Darkoz Krull

66234d5a099e3
I can't play in 4:3 any solution?

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

A familiar door code with 3 digits:
1 Guest is here.
Don't step on corn! Flag the corn.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP