665c1ff9898a0

665c1ff98a375
1 Guest is here.

665c1ff98b125TidalWaves

665c1ff98b1a8
oh that's supposed to be some kind of a hood or something? that explains why it used the same texture of the suit. I honestly thought it was some weird hair thing as in the original model -which i was basing most of the design off of- it didn't seen to cover his ears i assumed that in the back the hair must have reached the collar the suit/ subarmor (I think that's what i might call the wetsuit looking thing)  once i get my computer running again -to the point where I solve the blue screens or fix the issue or find out that it can't be fixed be following the latest techs steps *muttering various curses* I'll grab my ex and ask him to join me on multiplayer so i can get some better screenshots of the unmodded textures. It was worth a try. Honestly I thought that i'd hear a bit of "what's with the vest under his armor?" since i'm assuming that it's like a thin plate armor that goes over the actual "sub-armor" or whatever (i need to come up with a better term for whatever's under that chest armor of his).

I already wrote notes on the sketch, reminding me to remove the medpack and holster. I admit i took some artistic license on that part.

I know it's basically only going to be a noticeable thing for people who use multiplayer but i though I'd make it anyway just in case i do make something decent and people ask for a multiplayer model. if that becomes the case I'll keep revising the cyber rig. I'll admit, i never understood completely how how two separate eye pieces worked to convey information. i know how our eyes basically combine two separate images to make one, but how would you fit an interface over that, especially with two separate eye pieces? It sets me in mind of a pair of binoculars. I think the visor idea came from me trying to figure out how that all makes sense and it being the first thing to pop into my mind to make sense of how everything would work like that. (unless the removal of his eyes was involved, replacing them with a weird optic system which doesn't seem too fartetched but it does seem extreme and if the rig is simular to/ anything like "mullet''s was in system shock, then i'm guessing part of the implant would obviously sitting on his face while the rest permits his skull and is hooked up to his brain or something.. idk but i could explain the workings of the visor if anyone really asked.)

But again, it's there mainly in case more people took a multiplayer approach with their friends, in which case I'd most likely pay more attention to the rig and figure out a better idea. But your feedback wasn't really anything I didn't see coming ( I knew that questions would be raised about the visor but can't blame a girl for trying.the holsters even I was wondering about hance the "can be removed" note, and I explained the hair thing which i see and a simple misunderstanding of the original model's textures.)   

All in all it's worth a shot, but now I'm moving onto the next two concepts which should be more interesting and important starting with the pipe hybrid. I'm going to see if I can nail down both the accuracy to the original models as well as a few original ideas (who says that the logs aren't a good source?) with the hybrid first.

As for the dress, well shit... have to honour the art style I guess but I think the kimono BS is completely out of place in this game IMO. Having said that, Ajare has already modelled a kickass Shodan model.  Putting aside my qualms about modifying others' work, it would be kinda pointless to re-invent the wheel.  All the model needs is proper hair and to be rigged.

That's supposed to be a  kimono? WTH? I thought it was a dress. Oh well. I figured out a design for it that matches the color scheme anyways, but i may hold off on that for a bit since you brought that up. Do you know if they have any screenshots of their Shodan model? Maybe while i do up the concept of Shodan, i can come up with a few hair concepts that may fit their model or  something... Basically what i'm trying to say is if it mainly needs proper hair, maybe i could collaborate with them or something on the hair design. I'm a bit worried though cause I'm worried about making her seem a bit.... too human maybe? I'm basing the hair off two pictures i saw on google and the one that is inspiring the style is the one that's causing me to go "how does this work... and how am I going to color this?" BTW, is an idea like this a little off, style wise? I want to know now before I begin that concept, so i can come up with something else for her hair if it is weird.

665c1ff98b4c1voodoo47

665c1ff98b532
doesn't really matter which model he picks first, as long as the final product is up to the standard.

showing the eyes is a bad idea, the goggles are too iconic to be tampered with. also, we do not want to humanize him too much - remember, he is supposed to be a cyber-implanted killing machine. and yeah, he is wearing a navy cap, as seen here.
665c1ff98b8d1
I would guess the eyes have been replaced with implants. So eyes out, implants in. Pretty much like Batou from Ghost in the Shell.

665c1ff98bb7cRocketMan

665c1ff98bbd3
I just watched that like a week ago

665c1ff98bc7dvoodoo47

665c1ff98bcd2
wouldn't go that far - probably just goggles on some semi-permanent implant. remember, apart from the HUD, Goggles's vision is completely normal.
Acknowledged by: TidalWaves

665c1ff98bffaunn_atropos

665c1ff98c04e
I just watched that like a week ago
And I watched it for the first time last Saturday. Pretty neat film :thumb:
665c1ff98c2a7
wouldn't go that far - probably just goggles on some semi-permanent implant. remember, apart from the HUD, Goggles's vision is completely normal.
Hey, they could even be Goggle Glass (TM).

I presume there are situations in which people with implants would want them hidden. not obvious at least.

665c1ff98c44evoodoo47

665c1ff98c4ae
Google's goggles will never be like Goggles's goggles. that had to be done.

but yeah, if I had to take a guess, I would say the goggles are still removable, a.k.a. not a permanent part of the cyber-rig. remember, he is a human enhanced by implants, unlike the g.i.t.s. cyborgs, who are mostly just the nervous system in a fully cybernetic body/shell. Goggles's emp immunity would also support the "mostly human" theory (not enough wiring to be affected).

but I do have to say that disabling or scrambling the hud for a short while after being hit by the fusion blob or after detonating an emp grenade too close would be a very cool feature.
« Last Edit: 20. January 2014, 21:07:51 by voodoo47 »
Acknowledged by: TidalWaves
665c1ff98c786
And I watched it for the first time last Saturday. Pretty neat film :thumb:

I much prefer Akira. And Cyber City Oedo 808 (case/episode 2). I highly recommended those cyberpunk anime.
« Last Edit: 20. January 2014, 21:14:33 by Join usss! »
1 Guest is here.
Amazing views and what a wonderful city.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c1ff98da90