6622ff4c24432
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4
Page: « 1 ... 10 [11] 12 ... 37 »
Read 184526 times  

6622ff4c24b48isaacspace

Re: System Shock Infinite
6622ff4c24bcd
On a side note I just want to say thanks for making mods for this classic, its good to see people haven't given up on the game yet and are still making content for it.  :)
6622ff4c2505f
Moddb and mediafire mirrors available.

On a side note I just want to say thanks for making mods for this classic, its good to see people haven't given up on the game yet and are still making content for it.  :)

Have you completed the vanilla game recently? Difficulty wise, the mod is designed for players who know what to expect already from the levels. Yes, I understand what you're saying about the classes: in theory, any change can be rerolled and during the beta these were actually "resistancies" and not "immunities". It played just like vanilla with new logs.

There was no incentive to buy different skills and use different weapons than vanilla, and not any need for more modules (enter the moral choice system). So the RPG rules were enforced and logs told their story... but yeah, that still requires some suspension of disbelief. If you bear with that, you will see that the combat has now a puzzle-like component to it (the right key for the right door). I.e. you could stop buying Energy and Heavy weapons and just use PSI to paralyze robots and cyborgs (that's 2 less weapon types to care about).

But if you really need it, I could make you a mutator which removes classes and levels from the targets (and the crosshair to boot). But I warn you that challenge will drop down dramatically and a piece of the story will go to waste.
« Last Edit: 05. June 2014, 10:34:36 by xdiesp »

6622ff4c25124Primitive Primate

6622ff4c2517d
Great update! :D And the movies play just fine now with the increased delay.

6622ff4c252e7isaacspace

6622ff4c2533e
@xdiesp

Thanks for the reply, I clocked SS2 a year ago once and only replayed the missions that I considered fun (never went back to Rickenbacker), like I said I'm noob at this game no doubt and I've never experienced full on RPG in FPS until this game and I love it Except the challenge which is too hard for my liking. I now see that this is for people who knows the game quite well and you intend to make something that feels fresh I appreciate that, with that comes the combat with puzzle components which changes things around a bit, I didn't think about that until you mentioned it and heavy and energy weapons could be replaced by psi, my brain just ain't up to the game's variations and openness.

And no don't remove the classes and levels cause I don't want to ruin the experience. This is personal but do you suggest I go back to the vanilla game and get used to it before coming back to the mod?
6622ff4c2559c
isaacspace: I think that if you still got to Operations, you mustn't have been doing all wrong. So I wouldn't restart the game, and keep the afterthoughts for a possible second playthrough with all the hindsight and know-how.

Imho you have two alternatives... The first is the intended way of playing the mod: if the difficulty starts biting at you, harvest one of the old rigs for lots of cybermodules. Had you harvested all rigs until now, you'd be a powerhouse.

The second is the following addon, which was requested by a player who wanted monsters to receive double damage. He used it until he got the ropes of the mod, then moved on: you could do the same. It's been updated to 1.7 and works on any savegame.

Edit: the 6 Hours mutator is now updated to v1.7 as well. It's both on moddb and mediafire:
https://www.mediafire.com/?5v78ohx01f7t6pv
« Last Edit: 05. June 2014, 23:19:37 by xdiesp »
6622ff4c257ed
Great update,so far the only issue I've noticed is that the new animations apparently have a problem with the mesh's skins when using the Rebirth models.I'm still on Med Deck so I'll post a picture once I start playing it again.

6622ff4c258eeisaacspace

6622ff4c2593d
Well my System shock 2 files were corrupted last night none of the saves turn up and froze my PC as soon as I went into the load option so I had to delete my old and use my back up as main which means RESTARTING EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll be back to your mod again soon and try out the 6 hour mutator, monster receiving double damage sounds like a good time haha thanks.
6622ff4c25ab1
isaacspace: it was fate! I think you won't have problems at all anymore, with the Easy Mode addon and harvesting every other old rig for modules.

edit K-Bone: thank you, keep me posted with the issue! How about a compatibility fix, to force Rebirth using the old ghost model?
« Last Edit: 06. June 2014, 08:57:00 by xdiesp »

6622ff4c25b80Primitive Primate

6622ff4c25bcf
Have you increased the life span of the Annelid Swarm? Because in Hydro one Swarm appeared to live forever so I had to lure it away from the Regulator.
6622ff4c26045
xdiesp, were you just using original animations or did you create new ones?

6622ff4c26377unn_atropos

6622ff4c263d7
System Shock Infinite on rock paper shotgun
6622ff4c26562
Primitive Primate: not that early... could have been that bug which spawns invincible enemies? It fixes itself if you quicksave & reload, or enter a new level. I cannot remove it completely, it's got something to do with physics. :\

Olfred: I've just dug into Spanker's Motion List for unused animations, like Goggles drowning or being attacked by swarms. Generally speaking, Marie is "reanimated" as in using different gestures, turning & moving.
« Last Edit: 06. June 2014, 11:02:23 by xdiesp »

6622ff4c2662bPrimitive Primate

6622ff4c2667f
It happened just once with that one egg. The other eggs I've encountered on Hydro spawned Swarms that died normally.
6622ff4c26805
UNN Atropos: nice! I always check the mods feature on RPS.

By the way, in 1.7 both the rumbler's cutscene and its memory (one of the oldest, very short) had their audio updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd_XHZUG5X4

6622ff4c268e8Primitive Primate

6622ff4c2693a
What happens if I kill one of myself on Deck 4 but activated a Quantum Bio-Reconstruction earlier on that same level?
6622ff4c26d7c
What happens if I kill one of myself on Deck 4 but activated a Quantum Bio-Reconstruction earlier on that same level?

That gives you the Paradox Ending with or without the QBR machine.

6622ff4c26e67Primitive Primate

6622ff4c26ec2
But without QBR there's instant game over. I tried for shits and giggles and I returned back to the main menu.
6622ff4c27230
But without QBR there's instant game over. I tried for shits and giggles and I returned back to the main menu.

Even with the delay, it looks like one can still misclick when the video is about to play. I could try wrestling the controls away from the player before a video starts, but imagine the rage if one cannot skip the things. :P Probably something we have to live with.

6622ff4c272eaPrimitive Primate

6622ff4c2734f
Ah, you mean I misclicked a movie when I kill myself? Then it makes sense.
6622ff4c276d7
Olfred: I've just dug into Spanker's Motion List for unused animations, like Goggles drowning or being attacked by swarms. Generally speaking, Marie is "reanimated" as in using different gestures, turning & moving.

I see, as far as I know the animations are motion captured and sometimes they have some strange behaviour.
With the low poly models it is not that apparent, but with rebirth you see the quirks.

Also, if you want any custom animations I could provide you with them.
(But could take some time, exams are coming up)
6622ff4c27a4e
Also, if you want any custom animations I could provide you with them.

Thank you, that is some big help! But what software is used to access and change these animations?

At the moment, I'm recording a movie scene where a character "sits on the ground and cradles a dool". Lacking the exact animation, I settled with filming the last part of cs 84 (character kneeled to the ground, with hands in front of face) and play it backwards. If you added any amount of swaying to humcpssit (character dead, sits on corner) that would be perfect.
6622ff4c27c97
I found some Blender script which let's you convert the motion database files to something Blender can read, together with some exporter to convert them back. Hmm.. can't find the thread anymore.

Unfortunately I will be off my working PC for about a week, so you will have to wait till I even start on it.
So basically you want the frames of the last part reverted and then you want him to be rocking back and forth?.
Then everything shoved into a new animation (you will need to update the motion database then)

Edit: I think it was this one.
6622ff4c27dd5
Yes, either "cs 84" with a loop to simulate rocking or "humcpssit" with added rocking (more work to do, in this case). Thanks for the link, I'll take a look into that!

6622ff4c27e94This_is_Xerxes

6622ff4c27ef4
A question I've been keeping to myself for a very long time, but can no longer do so: Why have you switched the log pics of Bronson and Turnbull?

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

A familiar passcode with 3 digits:
1 Guest is here.
Call 867-5309 (Jenny)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6622ff4c2b96c