6627c68be2d69

6627c68be3307
2 Guests are here.

Topic: GMDX: Deus Ex Mod.
Page: « 1 ... 17 [18] 19 ... 62 »
Read 160841 times  

6627c68be3c31
Yeah. I've already got rubber bullets for the shotgun in anyway and they are infinitely reusable, but they are also much easier to lose as they are fired out at high speeds. And they are also loud, whilst throwing knives obviously are not.

6627c68be3e1eSynaesthesia

• Company: Night Dive Studios
6627c68be3e9b
I don't know if it's been addressed before, but I wasn't able to escape from MJ12 detention underneath UNATCO HQ until I shot my pistol. The keycode is four digits long and should be 4089 but the keypad is now three digits, which prevents leaving unless you create a distraction. This forced a guard to run and open the door for me.

I'm also noticing that a lot of the marked crates (health, weapons, tools) are not dropping any items at all, and when they do there's a chance that the item dropped will become invisible - but still targetable and acquirable.
6627c68be400d
1. v7 cock-up. There are three methods of escape but the code issue rightfully confuses players.

2. Some crates are empty. Like in SS2 or most RPGs, not all crates have stuff in them as a rule, though most do. Also to cut down on DX's very generous resource placement. I've never heard of or seen this invisible highlighted item bug though, is that common and do you remember where you saw this?

How are you finding it otherwise and have you found any other bugs or inconsistencies?
« Last Edit: 25. May 2015, 23:01:14 by Join usss! »

6627c68be411bSynaesthesia

6627c68be41a1
I've found other issues (listed below), but I can say that this is definitely better than the original and far more enjoyable.

1. The item that turned invisible was a multitool from the tool box in front of the UNATCO communications shelter during the escape from HQ.

2. Microfibral muscle isn't allowing me to toss world objects like barrels and boxes much farther than the original game. I can throw my own items to hurt/kill, but that's about it. Corpses also fly pretty far, too, but they don't damage anything.

As I play through more I'll let you know if I find anything else
6627c68be459a
2. Microfibral muscle isn't allowing me to toss world objects like barrels and boxes much farther than the original game. I can throw my own items to hurt/kill, but that's about it. Corpses also fly pretty far, too, but they don't damage anything.

Left Click = Power throw
Right Click = Vanilla throw (to set things down gently).

Refer to the new player-controlled mechanics just to ensure you are aware of them all.

6627c68be477avoodoo47

6627c68be47c9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh4uNhrOF2s

also, what I'd really love to see is a completely new hacking minigame that would actually be a minigame (and not a progress bar) - for example, the one from Neocron (I really, really enjoyed that part of the game). but I guess that wouldn't be exactly trivial.

one could argue that changing something completely might be a bit too much, but if removing what sucks is what the mod is aiming for, then it needs to be said that yeah, hacking in DE sucks.
« Last Edit: 25. May 2015, 19:50:34 by voodoo47 »
6627c68be4ae3
hacking in DE sucks.

I don't mind it. Sure it isn't the most engaging but it is a race against the clock to configure what you need and get out before the bar depletes.
It could definitely be better, most certainly, but I wouldn't say it outright sucks. I'll leave it for now. I'll save it for the future when/if I get a team member or two because it would require a texture artist in addition to myself at the very least.   

6627c68be4ba7Synaesthesia

6627c68be4bf4
I'd honestly consider working with you on this project if I weren't already dedicated to a bunch of personal and professional modeling/texturing work as it is. I have to say that I'm really impressed with how this all came together, so thanks for putting in the effort!
Acknowledged by: Join usss!
6627c68be4f00
Big things coming in v8.0 also. I hope you or some other artist can lend your talents at some point as there's some important improvements that can be made if so.

Ha. Those Karate chops with the classic smack sound sample.

And yeah, that's what the power throwing is like.

6627c68be4fcbSynaesthesia

6627c68be5025
One thing that bugs the hell out of me:  I can only eat so much food before it says I can't consume any more.
6627c68be5195
Try doing what you desire in real life. Your body will also notify you that you cannot eat any more.

It is to prevent players eating everything in sight with the new world interactivity option, something that every player would do due to how accessible the option it is.

6627c68be524bSynaesthesia

6627c68be5298
I'd rather be able to do that. I use food to heal myself. :)
6627c68be5398
Well there's no other uses for the food! Well, you can throw sodacans/any item at people to deal damage with the muscle aug also but other than that they are there to eat, just now there is a limit for both realism and gameplay. I may increase the limit though.
6627c68be5471
@Voodoo: your deflecting throwing knives request is now fulfilled, among many other new things.

6627c68be54ffvoodoo47

6627c68be5549
nice. I'll start a playthrough as soon as the next beta is out. no rest for the wicked.
6627c68be57df
Right, I'm going to give you a clear picture of what I'm going for with this system.

First, we have the skills: Image

You click on a skill, can read its description or upgrade it. However now we can click on the new "Perks" button, and the information box changes to this: Image

Now that you have a solid idea of what I'm going for, feel free to offer feedback on presentation or whatever else. Do note I'm only about 20% done. There's still so much fucking stuff to do. UI coding is a pain in the ass.
6627c68be5917
News update: http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/news/gmdx-v80-development-milestone

The perk system is now complete, boasting 32 perks to choose from.

6627c68be59f1voodoo47

6627c68be5a4b
no strong feelings about these small additions, but we'll see how everything plays out as a whole.

still wishing dual wielding of pistols would somehow be implemented.
« Last Edit: 23. June 2015, 13:29:12 by voodoo47 »
6627c68be5b51
A new perk system, over 200 new sounds, an insane amount of level design work and more I wouldn't call small, but hey.

How it plays out as a whole is glorious. I'm very proud.
6627c68be5d86
Would it be possible to add a feature whereby you can give money to people, even though they've not requested it? You know, like the sick/homeless people, the hungry, homeless kid at the start of mission 2, etc? So that when you talked to one of these people, instead of them saying something random, the game gives you a list of things you can say to them, such as:

Here's five dollars, get yourself something to eat.
Here's twenty dollars, get yourself a meal and somewhere to sleep.
Here's a hundred dollars, use it to turn your life around.

Saying any of the above removes that amount of cash from your inventory, and gives it to the person, and that person then exits the level, as though they've gone to spend the cash (probably make them walk away first, not just disappear into thin air in front of you).

I always feel sorry for the homeless/sick people in the game, and being able to give them some money like this would help to make the player feel better.
6627c68be5ec4
NPC conversation interactions require voice acting. Who says each individual bum wants your pity? Wouldn't it be odd that each bum accepts your generous offer, says nothing then starts to exit the level? If I cannot implement it to the quality the game deserves then I'll have to refuse. Sorry.

Having the option to give a homeless kid pittance would be fitting if done right, but doing it right is not an option. So it is either do it poorly or not at all.

6627c68be600avoodoo47

6627c68be6059
just remembered about the dialogue where you can choose whether to give/not give a weapon to the old man that runs the 'ton hotel - either enhancing that dialogue with options of which weapon to give, or having him return the weapon after the Jojo business is done would be nice. alway hated to lose my upgraded pistol just like that (I have to drop everything before the dialogue to give him just the knife to circumvent this).

also, I always hated how weapon pickup is handled - if you already have the same weapon, the new one just disappears and its ammo is added to your stack. I think NOT doing that would be preferable - the player should be allowed to carry 10 pistols should he decide to do that.

I also don't have much love for the DE invisible and intangible ammo pouch, but trying to change that would not be trivial I guess. btw, you didn't forget to empty the pouch when MIBs grab JC and put him into the slammer, right?
6627c68be6e3e
NPC conversation interactions require voice acting. Who says each individual bum wants your pity? Wouldn't it be odd that each bum accepts your generous offer, says nothing then starts to exit the level? If I cannot implement it to the quality the game deserves then I'll have to refuse. Sorry.

Having the option to give a homeless kid pittance would be fitting if done right, but doing it right is not an option. So it is either do it poorly or not at all.

Good points, and I'd overlooked that they'd need (good) voice acting. Thanks for considering it.

also, I always hated how weapon pickup is handled - if you already have the same weapon, the new one just disappears and its ammo is added to your stack. I think NOT doing that would be preferable - the player should be allowed to carry 10 pistols should he decide to do that.

It's not too bad in Deus Ex, as you don't really need more than one of the same kind of weapon, but this same situation is very bad in Deus Ex: Human Revolution because in that game you can sell your weapons, so being able to carry multiple pistols, or shotguns, etc, would save a lot of trips if you're in need of money.

2 Guests are here.
Orolorboche!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6627c68bea6c4