662abf6a7aade

662abf6a7afe4
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 New sounds for Bitching Betty Read 5299 times  

662abf6a7b537OneofTheMany

662abf6a7b5a8
Tags: °sound °SS2

Hi! I'm planning on using the HEV suit voice commands from Half-Life instead of "Betty", the voice heard whenever Goggles' doing something.
Can I do this? How am I doing this? What audio format does NewDark prefer? And what should the folder path be?

//EDIT: Download attached. Just a little something I threw together for you all to enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: 05. November 2014, 13:47:16 by voodoo47 »
Re: New sounds
662abf6a7b8c6
You need to find Bitching Betty's sound files in SS2's resources. They are inside snd.crf or snd2.crf (crf files are renamed zip archives). Once you know the name and place of a sound file that you want to override with your mod, you can rebuild that path inside DataTempMods.
To replace the sound where Betty says "Left" in the stereo test in the game's options screen, you would create this folder structure inside DataTempMods: snd\BBetty\english\left.wav

NewDark can use OGG compressed audio files too, as mentioned in the modders_notes.txt that you can find in the doc folder. This will make your mod much smaller.
When you're happy with the results you just compress the snd folder you created inside DataTempMods, give it a name like SS2_OneofTheMany_BitchingHEVSuit.7z and upload it to some file host. Then post the link here.

« Last Edit: 20. April 2014, 22:40:39 by Kolya »
Acknowledged by: OneofTheMany

662abf6a7bbf0ZylonBane

662abf6a7bc5c
Can I do this? How am I doing this? What audio format does NewDark prefer? And what should the folder path be?
Download other sound mods. Do what they do.
662abf6a7bea2
About the fyle type you should be using, I used to do this:

- I would open any Betty sound file with Audacity;
- import inside it any file I wanted (wavs of any quality, mp3s, wma etc);
- then I would export it, and it would be in the same rate\quality as the original (but with all the new content)
662abf6a7bfc3
Yeh, but then the quality of the original sounds is quite awful. With OGG format you can have better quality AND lower file sizes. What's not to like?

662abf6a7c05dOneofTheMany

662abf6a7c0b2
I'm currently working on a sound mod. I'll upload it here when done. :3
662abf6a7c34a
You have a folder named "New BBetty" at the root of the archive. Instead the folder SND needs to be at the root for the mod to work with managers etc. I'll attach a fixed archive to the first post of this thread.

662abf6a7c413OneofTheMany

662abf6a7c466
Thanks Kolya, but that very path I had there worked for me in Blue's manager just fine. I tried twice before uploading.
But thanks for helping me out of course :)
662abf6a7c5a5
True, it will work that way with BMM. Actually you want a separate folder when using BMM.
I didn't explain that correctly.
It would not work with the Data*Mods folders. And all other mods are packed in the way as the archive in the first post is. So for consistency it's better to stay with that format.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

TriOptimum counter-terrorism consultant Rebecca ____ (Fill in the last name):
1 Guest is here.
Sir are you aware you are a cat?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662abf6a7d7d8