665cbd126f187

665cbd126ff26
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 on wine, it doesn't frob Read 1353 times  

665cbd12703a7knifemonkey

665cbd1270412
Hi There!
I know this is'nt directly related to this modification so I apologise for my inability to make new topics. Here's the deal.
I'm brought sshock2 a while ago and recently dug out the cd the re-visit this great game and was happy to see an active community.  At the moment I'm running xubuntu, and was able to get this game running under wine relatively fault free with nvidia-glx after some tweaking of my config and such, and quickly installed a selection of mods.

When searching bodies for goodies, the gui doesnt show what's on them and the cursor dissapears when I hover over there selection box, it's rumored to be some kinda overflow thing. I can still pick up the stuff but it's annoying as all heck because I love this game and want to see it running sweet on linux.

A simple workaround would be a script that moves the contents of searched items to the players inventory. Has this been done before and if it hasnt any ideas on where to start? This would make lots of linux users happy and even earn someone a place on WineHQ.  Send me a message on knife69monkey@hotmail.com if you want to help thanks alot and PEACE!
665cbd1270624
It could be simply the Broken Use/Shoot Mode Problem. If it's a Linux or wine specific problem maybe someone else has an idea.

You can make new threads in General Discussion, where I'm moving this conversation now. This forum is a file repository for SS2 mods.

665cbd1270712hemebond

665cbd127076b
It's a problem with Wine not displaying sprites correctly. Not a lot that can be done about it yet, but there is a bug open for it.

665cbd12708eeknifemonkey

665cbd127093a
thanks for the update,
it is a wine issue when searching a corpse items dont show up, if there was a way to put all the items into the players inventory automatically it would fix the problem, I'm going to grab the development files and see if I can come up with something, and at anyrate wouldnt it be conveinient? <think of that corpse in the radiation room>
665cbd1270a2e
May be you should have a go with cedega since it might be more optimised to run this game than WINE.Also if you do subscribe to cedega,I guess you can get the author to look into this game.
1 Guest is here.
"a real hackersystem for a real hacker game"
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665cbd12712ed