66665c784141f
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Glitches & The Unliked
Page: « 1 ... 3 [4]
Read 11440 times  

66665c7841bb9System Shocked

66665c7841c20
@ Olfred,

I suspect the decals flickering that you mentioned is the result of them being on a slanted surface.

Just as a note, when standing on the platform facing the tram, the 2 decals on the left end are noticeably closer to the body than the 2 on the right end.

FAB

66665c7841dbcSystem Shocked

66665c7841e0d
Not that I want for you to potentially let anything out of your SCP bag of surprises concerning any possible security camera changes, but I came across this rather laxed setup at PLAYER POS: -34.5704 -363.401 -9.98294 :

- This camera is located at one of the entrances to the crew quarters area http://i.imgur.com/hzx6EY1.jpg
- These screenshots show the camera's maximum sweep arc, left and right http://i.imgur.com/eCVzaKu.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/1A6hjp5.jpg
- Under these conditions this security camera poses no threat. To be truly effective at its location, it needs to rotate 360°.

I suspect this type of change may fall out of the SCP's scope, but in case it doesn't, I present this for your consideration.   
« Last Edit: 01. July 2014, 02:22:04 by System Shocked »

66665c7842046System Shocked

66665c7842099
Curious to know the status concerning a problem with this shoddily built hackable security crate model, commonly found throughout SS2 http://i.imgur.com/3kYCKcO.jpg
- The access door, opposite the one that opens when it's hacked, isn't fully closed/secured http://i.imgur.com/2kticvX.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/ZcbeKsx.jpg

Seems like you could slip something into the gap (a Half-Life crowbar or the like) and easily pry it open. Based on how thin the metal is on that access door, it doesn't appear to be very secure, unless the metal Trioptimum used is Alumineel.

=====================================================================================

Another issue while we're in this same room, at PLAYER POS: 54.7163 -83.6044 -10.9899 - the low ceiling doesn't lend itself to the use of the existing dropped light fixture at all. Anyone at the desk (unless height challenged) that stands up gets boinked on the head http://i.imgur.com/gNr18Yz.jpg. Consider removing the existing ceiling light and place a fluorescent light strip on the wall above the desk. This highly reduces the number of broken light fixtures and crew concussion incidents.  :lola:

The dead body in this room was likely working at the desk and hit his head on the light when he stood up to go take a pee. Stunned, he lost his balance, fell and sliced opened the back of his head and ass when they hit the razor thin edge of the loose-fitting security crate door, mentioned above. He was knocked out when his head hit the floor and bled to death. He didn't die as a result of bravely fighting off "the many"..... gameplay wise, pretty boring, really..... do I need to say more?  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 01. July 2014, 05:01:01 by System Shocked »
66665c784267a
shoddily built hackable security crate model
There needs to be a bit of play between the crate body and the lid to avoid z-fighting. However, if the Blender exporter is used, the lid can be redone as solid metal, overlapping the body.
« Last Edit: 01. July 2014, 10:13:10 by nemyax »
66665c784298b
It actually is the reworked hackable crate from me.
On the original model it's far worse. As I mainly intend to fix what is really broken and not improve the model itself I left it to what it is now.
66665c7842b5b
http://imgur.com/HsE7Lqz

{insane TWO MEGABYTE PNG image replaced with sensible JPEG version by the powers of good}

66665c7842c69voodoo47

66665c7842cb9
an incorrect brush texture. SCP will fix.

66665c7842ec6voodoo47

66665c7842f12
the first one is an object issue, not easy to fix if I remember correctly. I see no problem on the second picture.
66665c784331c
[...] I see no problem on the second picture.

I think he meant the blue line that stretched down the mesh or whatever. Not knowing a lot about 3D-modelling, but i guess someone was lazy texturing the sides, that were in that area pretty cleary meant to be white (gradient on the corner, indicating it should be a rounded rectangle on the top and nothing more). I think that it was textured and projected from the top side, and nothing more, if that is more clearly. Don't know all the fancy words to describe it. Same issue on the side of the display (greay table line).
« Last Edit: 29. August 2014, 17:22:37 by Colonel SFF »
66665c7843471
Almost all objects are UV mapped (that's like the layout of the model on the 2D texture) horribly.
Probably because they had limited time and crappy tools and they kinda went like "meh, good enough".
So if it's not entirely broken or bugging out you can just ignore it and live with it.
Else you would need to tweak almost all the models.

Much better task would be to redo all the models to get more details and smoothness.
I would be happy to do it, but would need someone else to do all the texture work, unfortunately someone like that is missing from our community.
66665c78437de
Almost all objects are UV mapped (that's like the layout of the model on the 2D texture) horribly.
Probably because they had limited time and crappy tools and they kinda went like "meh, good enough".
So if it's not entirely broken or bugging out you can just ignore it and live with it.
Else you would need to tweak almost all the models.

Much better task would be to redo all the models to get more details and smoothness.
I would be happy to do it, but would need someone else to do all the texture work, unfortunately someone like that is missing from our community.

From my side there is absolutely no pushing or hurry to fix things with tertiary importance.
I can UV map in Maya if i had high-res textures, but have absolutely no experience with computer games (coming from the film-ish side) and no available time soon. Can probably offer to help in the end of 2015, if there is still help needed. I know, quite some time until then, and I don't know if it's planned to keep updating the project until the game is perfect or everyone working on it has died. If so, then maybe we'll be working together some day.
Is there anyone here that could hand me a link to a guide how this works so I see if I could be of any use?
66665c7843935
UV mapping is not a problem for me, the actual creation of textures is.

66665c7843a53System Shocked

66665c7843aa4
@ Colonel SFF,

Thanks for throwing your hat into the ring and offering to help (if and when). With the unexpected and welcome editor/engine updates from the mysterious Le Corbeau (that will hopefully continue), I expect improvements to SS2 will continue on for a LLLOOONNNGGG time. We need to educate our offspring to continue all our efforts.

66665c7843b73OmegaDeath

66665c7843bc3
Found a bug with the Z on med/sci that room that gets locked with the monkey and the hybrid.
at the back there is a cryotube with a body underneath it.
Body not visible thru glass.

66665c7843cebZylonBane

66665c7843d4c
Yes we fixed that about a year ago.

66665c7843ec6voodoo47

66665c7843f20
well, unless you have access to SCP private builds, it will.

66665c7843fc9ZylonBane

66665c7844016
I suspect OmegaDeth neglected to read the first sentence of the first post in this thread.
66665c7844450
UV mapping is not a problem for me, the actual creation of textures is.

So drawing textures would help? No idea about that. Any (re)directions?
66665c78445f5
Well, there are plenty of tutorials around the web which introduce you to creating textures.
And there are several ways of doing it.
There are tools where you combine several effects, filters and stuff which will result in a texture.
Then there is of course image manipulation tools, such as Photoshop, Gimp and so on.

As SS2 doesn't support any kind of depth filter you wouldn't need to learn how to create bump maps or normals maps. So it's a bit easier on that part.
1 Guest is here.
And a man in a sports jacket on the TV was saying something about the war.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66665c7845099