6665be5ec9b49

6665be5eca1f9
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Help with repeating motions. Read 754 times  

6665be5eca5eddmbecan

6665be5eca656
I have been trying to make a pre-incident version of the Von Braun and I was wondering how I could get the Human npcs (like MaleRick) to repeat animations, such as typing. I have already found Spanker's Motion List, but have not been able to get any of my npcs to initiate the motions. Can someone tell me EXACTLY what I need to do? Thanks!

6665be5eca7f3voodoo47

6665be5eca842
this is a tricky thing - I have managed to accomplish this by firing a signal that executes the motions, then sending it into a repeater that would loop the signal, making sure that the set is repeated forever.

6665be5eca8f1dmbecan

6665be5eca947
Alright, show would I go about doing this? What objects do I need to add and what links?
6665be5ecaaf3
Create a tripwire, or a button, which switchlinks to the npc. Then in the properties of the npc, add:

Add -> Ai -> Responses -> Signal Response

Signal: Switchon
Priority: Absolute

Response Step1: Play Sound\Motion
Argument 1: (nothing)
Argument 2: (nothing)
Argument 3: cs 116

Keep filling the same fields for the other Responses

The npc will keep typing for about a minute. You have to stick the bastard to the place where he is, because animating forever will move him ever slightly. Try Physics -> Models -> Controls -> Rotation\Location for that. And if the bloody npc still moves, make a teleport for him where he is, activated by the same trigger.

6665be5ecabb8dmbecan

6665be5ecac12
I got the Npc to activate the motion for a while, but then he stops after the cycle, and doesn't repeat. Anyway to get him to keep repeating without stepping through the trigger again? Also, is there anyway to get him to carry out the motions at the start of the level? Without a tripwire? Thanks!
6665be5ecad41
Yes, write this in the last line:

Response step 16: Signal
Argument 1: Switchon
Argument 2: XYZ (unique name of your npc, not "a crewman")
Argument 3: (nothing)

But if the npc moves ever so slightly, slowly he will drift away like this. Try switching on the teleport the same way, in step 15!

6665be5ecadf7dmbecan

6665be5ecae43
Thanks! He is now repeating the motions without end. How do I set up a way for him to get back to his point of origin though? Through the teleport, I mean.
6665be5ecaf47
Try making a teleport at exactly the same coordinates as the npc, with the same rotation to. The teleport has its unique name, and switchlinks to the npc. Then in Line 15, you send the Switchon signal to the named teleport. Not sure if it will work, however...
6665be5ecb040
Otherwise, try this:

Line 15
Frob Object
Arg 1: Unique name of a button

And that button switchlinks to the teleport, and the npc.
1 Guest is here.
Hey, you. You're finally awake.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6665be5ecc1f3