665accdda9e91

665accddaaa54
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Stackable Snacks Read 15962 times  

665accddab122Yankee Clipper

665accddab185
Tags: °DML °SS2

When using this mod, consumable items (food, alcohol and cigarettes) will stack in your inventory, similar to items like ammo or hypos.

Note: This mod was ripped off from inspired by Christine's excellent fan missions.

Disclaimer: This mod works by calling a script from Nameless Voice's NVScript. His script does the actual work.

« Last Edit: 05. November 2014, 12:50:19 by voodoo47 »
Acknowledged by: Pedruh47

665accddab391voodoo47

Re: SS2 Stackable Snacks v1.0
665accddab3e2
bonus objective: make the console print "health already full" when trying to use snacks at full health.

also, for anyone looking to use this mod, do note that this will throw the game balance off - the orig food items are not stackable for a reason.
« Last Edit: 12. July 2014, 11:22:28 by voodoo47 »

665accddab46ePrimitive Primate

665accddab4c1
Hooray!
665accddab7ad
bonus objective: make the console print "health already full" when trying to use snacks at full health.

also, for anyone looking to use this mod, do note that this will throw the game balance off - the orig food items are not stackable for a reason.

The balance impact is negligible, because not only all food items in the game combined make no more than a handful hypos, but because this bonus healing from stackability would only concern the food you'd be throwing away for being encumbered. People would sooner make item piles than throwing anything away.

665accddab857voodoo47

665accddab91b
with stacking, food items are easily the best healing items in the game, something what was probably not intended.

665accddab9bdPrimitive Primate

665accddaba15
So why not nerf the values?
665accddac112
So why not nerf the values?
From +1 health per pack of chips to what?

665accddac1acPrimitive Primate

665accddac200
Obesity

665accddac28evoodoo47

665accddac2e2
that was actually somewhat funny.

665accddac5f3RocketMan

665accddac650
You know what might be better?  If, in addition to allowing chips, etc. to stack, you limit the stack count of ammo so that anything over 50 bullets or 10 shells or 3 grenades requires another stack.  That way the inventory would be more full of ammo (fixing some of the ammo overabundance) and less full of consumables.  The benefit of having extra stackable health, offset by the need for more inventory space for ammo.  It would also help with the game fiction being more consistent since, why should you be able to carry infinite shells but no more than a dozen bags of chips?

665accddac6f4voodoo47

665accddac75b
*backs away slowly*

665accddac84ePrimitive Primate

665accddac8a2
I'd like to you see you chew down bullets!

665accddac940RocketMan

665accddaca17Primitive Primate

665accddaca69
I was trying to make a joke, and apparently failed at it. Hard.

665accddacd3bYankee Clipper

665accddacd9f

That is an interesting idea. The game does not do that, not for snacks or mad hypos, and not if you are running adaob or vanilla. But, Christine's fan missions will refuse to use a snack if your health is already full. But, her missions will let you use a med hypo at full health. I don't know if it makes sense to have the med hypos act differently than the snacks in that regard. I guess people just need to be careful and pay attention to what they are doing. ;)

On the balance, you are right of course, especially in the early game and more especially on impossible difficulty. All those snacks laying around the 2nd MedSci map, endurance/health level still low, inventory space at a premium - this mod does give you a little more flex in that situation.

665accddacfdcYankee Clipper

665accddad02d
with stacking, food items are easily the best healing items in the game, something what was probably not intended.

I disagree with that. The full med kits and the med hypos are still way better than the snacks. But you are right as far as what was intended. It cannot be an accident that hypos stack and snacks don't. The devs designed it that way.

665accddad2afYankee Clipper

665accddad30e
You know what might be better?  If, in addition to allowing chips, etc. to stack, you limit the stack count of ammo so that anything over 50 bullets or 10 shells or 3 grenades requires another stack.  That way the inventory would be more full of ammo (fixing some of the ammo overabundance) and less full of consumables.  The benefit of having extra stackable health, offset by the need for more inventory space for ammo.  It would also help with the game fiction being more consistent since, why should you be able to carry infinite shells but no more than a dozen bags of chips?

LOL. That's an interesting idea, but I think I will just say that changing the way that ammo stacks will remain beyond the scope of this mod.

665accddad3b1RocketMan

665accddad409
It should be because it requires a lot more investment that has currently been given to it.

665accddad4abYankee Clipper

665accddad4f8
I have achieved the goals that I had set for this tiny mod. I don't believe anything else is "required".
665accddad60b
Up to the next goal! :D
For example you could start something like a inventory rebalance mod. This could incorporate some stuff like the resizing of small weapons to 2x1, maybe resizing other items as well, maximum number of stacks for each stackable object. Maybe there are even more things to do.
Just a suggestion, not a request.

665accddad84fRocketMan

665accddad8a4
I have achieved the goals that I had set for this tiny mod. I don't believe anything else is "required".

Read my post again.  I was agreeing with you.
665accddada4a
I think it was somewhat ambiguous?

As for the mod I would sell this as an "ADaoB-addon" right in the title. Then have an advanced section in the post that explains how the mod can be made to work with other maps. Because many already have ADaoB installed and of those who don't, few will go to such lengths to install this mod.
Acknowledged by: RocketMan

665accddadaf1voodoo47

665accddadb47
it will also work with SCP, Secmod, and pretty much anything except the orig maps, as most mods already have NVscript loaded.
Acknowledged by: Kolya

665accddadd21Yankee Clipper

665accddadd78
Read my post again.  I was agreeing with you.

I apologize. I did misinterpret what you were saying.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

TriOptimum counter-terrorism consultant Rebecca ____ (Fill in the last name):
1 Guest is here.
I'm afraid they're gonna find you and there's nothing that I can do
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665accddb1139