665c1a9c282b0

665c1a9c28e99
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 motions of dying AIs that need a fix
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 3543 times  

665c1a9c29624voodoo47

665c1a9c296a7
would be interesting to see how those unused motions look like.

the rest of the fixed spider floatiness can be observed when it's killed off over a ground decal, for example. as mentioned, would give it one more small nudge, just to get it a bit under 0.2 units.

the midwife is pretty bad, about 0.7 units, but her left palm would clip into the ground completely, so not sure whether something can be done about that.
665c1a9c29fd4
would be interesting to see how those unused motions look like.
I'm more interested why they aren't being played, even though they are in the grunt.mos

the rest of the fixed spider floatiness can be observed when it's killed off over a ground decal, for example. as mentioned, would give it one more small nudge, just to get it a bit under 0.2 units.
Did you take a look at my screenshot? It is killed on top of a decal and even already clips into the ground a bit.

the midwife is pretty bad, about 0.7 units, but her left palm would clip into the ground completely, so not sure whether something can be done about that.
Just write everything down and I will take a look at it.
Even though the motion editing process is kind of a major pain in the ass.
Not editing the motions itself, but everything around it is just a big flow stopper.

665c1a9c2a148voodoo47

665c1a9c2a19e
might be possible that they simply forgot to activate them.

hmm, the decal might be floating as well, anyway, my spiders were nowhere near clipping to the ground. will triple check. // tried on three different places, same result, could move the carcass exactly 0.22 units down before it started to clip into the ground. can you drop me a save with your dead spider?

pretty much everything is a pita with the Dark, but hey, we aren't here because we want easy.
665c1a9c2a422
might be possible that they simply forgot to activate them.
uhm, and how do you activate them?

665c1a9c2a4cavoodoo47

665c1a9c2a516
I think they need to be included in motiondb, but I'm really shooting in the dark (Dark?) here.
665c1a9c2a615
Well, the .mos files I have are all from some SS2MShema file I downloaded somewhere.
And as far as I know it is based on the motiondb.
665c1a9c2a77c
Yeah, grunt.mos was generated direct from the motiondb by Shadowspawn, so any motions in the mos should be in the motiondb by default.

So far as I can tell all three of those pipe hybrid death motions are played though? I generated a bunch of pipe grunts in ShockEd then shot them and got all three motions played. They do have equal chance of being played so there is the chance of getting the same played repeatedly in testing but I've triggered all three. Unless I've got what the issue is incorrect.

Didn't know there was a Blender plug in, definitely should be better than the old one. I haven't done anything motions related for ages.
665c1a9c2acb6
Didn't know there was a Blender plug in, definitely should be better than the old one. I haven't done anything motions related for ages.
Well, actually it is just a converter which takes the motion files and gives you a *.bvh file.
So when you are unfamiliar with Blender, you could also go on and just open the *.bvh with 3dsMax or whatever tool you like. (As long as it supports *.bvh import and export).

hmm, the decal might be floating as well, anyway, my spiders were nowhere near clipping to the ground. will triple check. // tried on three different places, same result, could move the carcass exactly 0.22 units down before it started to clip into the ground. can you drop me a save with your dead spider?
I checked again and yeah, it is still floating.
I've done a number of tests today and can't get it to not float.
I just can't figure out what kind of stupid bullshit the engine is doing when someone dies. So I can't figure out how to create something like a workaround.

665c1a9c2ad77voodoo47

665c1a9c2adcd
no matter, as mentioned, ~0.2 floatage is very close to unnoticeable. it's 0.3+ when it starts to get ugly. anyway, even the current spider motion is still two times better than the original, so not a problem really.
665c1a9c2aee3
Well, but I don't really feel like working on other motions before I haven't figured out what to do to get it working properly.
At the moment it's just guesswork and randomly trying different things.

Would be much easier if I would have some kind of insight what actually happens.

665c1a9c2af89voodoo47

665c1a9c2afd8
agreed - lets hope someone will step in and shed some light, as I'm completely in the Dark on this one.
665c1a9c2b0fc
After some further investigation I have found out that there is some kind of minimum distance between the base joint and the ground.
But I can't figure out how it can be manipulated. Currently my guess is that you need to do it in ShockEd.

665c1a9c2b191voodoo47

665c1a9c2b1dd
so yeah, hybrids can fall face up, but I rarely get this for some reason.

665c1a9c2b2aeSystem Shocked

665c1a9c2b2f8
Furthermore concerning the arachnids, from the player's viewpoint, their death animations ALWAYS has their bodies tilting to the left. Can a death body tilt to the right be created somehow/someway? It would be nice to have at least a little variety in their death poses when taking out these bad boys.   

665c1a9c2b3a1voodoo47

665c1a9c2b3ec
yes, but if I understand correctly, this (creating new motions) would be a huge pita. HUGE. and the benefit would be minimal.

665c1a9c2b5f7System Shocked

665c1a9c2b647
yes, but if I understand correctly, this (creating new motions) would be a huge pita. HUGE. and the benefit would be minimal.
Minimal BUT noticeable. Too bad, as I sadly nod my head, to the RIGHT.
« Last Edit: 05. August 2014, 14:16:51 by System Shocked »
665c1a9c2b737
Well, if you really want it you could like.. maybe... start learning to do it :D

665c1a9c2b815voodoo47

665c1a9c2b863
just like most people are right handed, maybe the spiders are right..dying..deaded..whatever.
1 Guest is here.
All your private property is target for your enemy.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c1a9c2c3ea